IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

I want to believe that I Want To Believe is not a terrible film. Chris Carter (not from throbbing gristle, different one) has a documentary on the DVD saying the movie was intentionally a 'green production', is that what you say to convince yourself when the studio will not give you very much money and you're a weed smoking native american worshipping hippy

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hugo

What a fucking piece of dogshit. This is seriously the shittiest fucking film Ive seen in years what the FUCK how did this win anything? How was it nominated? How was it made by the same man that made the Departed, Goodfellas, and Raging Bull? Its like a third-rate children's story told by a man with severe ADHD and shitty special effects.

I understand Scorsese wanted to talk about something near and dear to his heart, but make a fucking documentary without the unnecessary bullshit setup.

Goddamn this movie made me so fucking angry.

lol, agreed. It would have been nice if he just told the story straight, without all excess steam, gears, eyes tinted artificially blue etc. But he has such a taste for the maudlin and sentimental (for ref, all the drawn-out shots of the girl and boy making faces at each other, looking longingly, etc) that it seems he wouldn't have any ability to tell the story straight, even if he wanted to.

I thought the movie got better the further it went along. I actually switched if off twice near the start, but my gf wanted to continue so...

I didn't get Hugo either, and i don't understand why a kid would want to see Hugo, kids these days are more advance than 1050's kids but this movie had nothing to offer them. My theory is that Martin Scoorcesee wanted to make a movie about movies just to show it to his movie friends, and critics love it because it was about movies.

the movie should have ended with Ben Kingsley telling Hugo he really did burn the notebook. End.

Fantastic, soul-crushing short film.

Guest Mirezzi

the movie should have ended with Ben Kingsley telling Hugo he really did burn the notebook. End.

Fantastic, soul-crushing short film.

mega-flol

I'm glad you guys are reinforcing my gut reaction to Hugo. I thought I was being too grinchy and maybe just didn't like the 3D. It turns out it really was boring after all?

it wasn't just boring, it was a badly made film/narrative/plot/acting/setting/sfx/camerawork. Utter, utter fucking tripe.

I now owe Netflix some money because I ended up destroying the DVD with a hammer and barbeque lighter.

no blade of grass - the kind of flick where the acting is off, the directing is off, the music is off (the theme song was waaat) and dialogue is dumb but all in all it never really bothers you enough to turn it off because it's kinda hilarious. it gets kinda confusing when it turns into what looks like a monty python-ish first world war movie an hour into it, though. or mad max on bikes ten minutes after that. but then again it gets confusing a lot, so maybe that's the thing. it follow a straight story for an hour and then it kinda implodes into 20 diferent movies going on at once. there's even a guy who gets shot in the nose from the side so it pierces it (but not through, weird) and dies. then some other guy drives a motorbike into a stone and the stone explodes. there's so much going on. someone else watch it and explain it to me.

no blade of grass - the kind of flick where the acting is off, the directing is off, the music is off (the theme song was waaat) and dialogue is dumb but all in all it never really bothers you enough to turn it off because it's kinda hilarious. it gets kinda confusing when it turns into what looks like a monty python-ish first world war movie an hour into it, though. or mad max on bikes ten minutes after that. but then again it gets confusing a lot, so maybe that's the thing. it follow a straight story for an hour and then it kinda implodes into 20 diferent movies going on at once. there's even a guy who gets shot in the nose from the side so it pierces it (but not through, weird) and dies. then some other guy drives a motorbike into a stone and the stone explodes. there's so much going on. someone else watch it and explain it to me.

ive watched it and i still can't explain it to you, it reminds me of some of the more bizarre non character narrative based parts of Dawn of the Dead or the original Crazies but even more incoherent and low budget, still enjoyed it though

[youtubehd]ul4CZrnEFxU[/youtubehd]

hehe/10

didn't someone made a thread about this movie?? i thought it hadn't come out yet, but it did in 2011, wtf...

http://forum.watmm.com/topic/71489-god-bless-america/page__hl__%2Bgod+%2Bbless+%2Bamerica__fromsearch__1

Guest Mirezzi

can't wait to see it, gonna be fucked up!

edit: god bless america that is

I really enjoyed World's Greatest Dad, so yeah, looking forward to it.

Possession....... ummmm, 8/10

Team America - funniest thing I've ever seen/10

Hell yeah some of my favorite movies! possession is so sick

Pan's labyrinth 9/10

Carnage 8/10

the rum diaries 8/10

Guest viscosity

[youtubehd]ul4CZrnEFxU[/youtubehd]

hehe/10

didn't someone made a thread about this movie?? i thought it hadn't come out yet, but it did in 2011, wtf...

http://forum.watmm.c...__fromsearch__1

this looks almost identical to Super minus the superhero gag.....

i still wanna see it

Bought Children of Men on Blu-Ray yesterday, currently settling down to it with a bottle of Whisky.

Love this film, not seen it in ages

Aw yeah!!

i will live on small bit of land like jasper's when i'm old geezer and the world is half blown

Archived