IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

can't wait to see it, gonna be fucked up!

edit: god bless america that is

I really enjoyed World's Greatest Dad, so yeah, looking forward to it.

[youtubehd]ul4CZrnEFxU[/youtubehd]

hehe/10

this looks almost identical to Super minus the superhero gag.....

i still wanna see it

Just finished watching and I did not enjoy it very much. Mostly due to it being a lot like the film 'Super', which is much better and a lot more funny. Bobcat has the Todd Solondz/Terry Zwigoff/John Waters thing down but the only strong point of the film is the lead actress. Bill Murray's brother is pretty unconvincing. The film if filled with attempted shocks for the sake of shock but with a candy covering. The film is poorly executed and amateurish. Other folks might enjoy this film for its simplicity but it is not a strong film. I would suggest watching 'Super' instead and avoiding this. 5/10

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

the rum diaries 8/10

uHHhhh I thought everyone and their grandma agreed this movie is shit? I've got it, still haven't ever felt encouraged to give it a shot, I want to believe you but I don't.

Guest RadarJammer

Possession....... ummmm, 8/10

Team America - funniest thing I've ever seen/10

Chappaqua - William Burroughs + Ornette Coleman + Ravi Shankar/10

Which Possession? I was going to check it out but IMDB shows about 16 movies called that.

Guest zaphod

can't wait to see it, gonna be fucked up!

edit: god bless america that is

I really enjoyed World's Greatest Dad, so yeah, looking forward to it.

[youtubehd]ul4CZrnEFxU[/youtubehd]

hehe/10

this looks almost identical to Super minus the superhero gag.....

i still wanna see it

Just finished watching and I did not enjoy it very much. Mostly due to it being a lot like the film 'Super', which is much better and a lot more funny. Bobcat has the Todd Solondz/Terry Zwigoff/John Waters thing down but the only strong point of the film is the lead actress. Bill Murray's brother is pretty unconvincing. The film if filled with attempted shocks for the sake of shock but with a candy covering. The film is poorly executed and amateurish. Other folks might enjoy this film for its simplicity but it is not a strong film. I would suggest watching 'Super' instead and avoiding this. 5/10

i would think you'd know this from the trailer. film looks fucking awful.

the rum diaries 8/10

uHHhhh I thought everyone and their grandma agreed this movie is shit? I've got it, still haven't ever felt encouraged to give it a shot, I want to believe you but I don't.

Shit? Dear god, no its not, i had a lot of fun watching this movie, beats most of the rest of the crap they release nowadays, it would be a shame if you missed it!

Possession....... ummmm, 8/10

Team America - funniest thing I've ever seen/10

Chappaqua - William Burroughs + Ornette Coleman + Ravi Shankar/10

Which Possession? I was going to check it out but IMDB shows about 16 movies called that.

I thought he was talking about possession from 1981 with Sam Neill, i did'nt know they already had 20 lol

Really sick but great movie i think, recommanded it if you like the movie Antichrist

found this great part on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rMRGC_NEcg&feature=player_detailpage

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

Hugo

What a fucking piece of dogshit. This is seriously the shittiest fucking film Ive seen in years what the FUCK how did this win anything? How was it nominated? How was it made by the same man that made the Departed, Goodfellas, and Raging Bull? Its like a third-rate children's story told by a man with severe ADHD and shitty special effects.

I understand Scorsese wanted to talk about something near and dear to his heart, but make a fucking documentary without the unnecessary bullshit setup.

Goddamn this movie made me so fucking angry.

qft i hated it almost as much as you. it did get better towards the end but by the hour point i was ready to switch it off. it was like he wanted to be jeunet. also aliG was probably the worst thing init

Hugo

What a fucking piece of dogshit. This is seriously the shittiest fucking film Ive seen in years what the FUCK how did this win anything? How was it nominated? How was it made by the same man that made the Departed, Goodfellas, and Raging Bull? Its like a third-rate children's story told by a man with severe ADHD and shitty special effects.

I understand Scorsese wanted to talk about something near and dear to his heart, but make a fucking documentary without the unnecessary bullshit setup.

Goddamn this movie made me so fucking angry.

Oh yeah, i watched the first 20 or so minutes of hugo. Up to the old man's house. Then i gave up. I was probably frightened that i might have to see Cohen trying to act campily again. He's rather lame.

Guest viscosity

I attempted to sit through Hugo twice, first time I decided to pause it and return to it later.. second I just fell asleep. it just seemed so generically wholesome

God Bless America wasn't too good either. Aside from informing me that Bill Murray has a brother, it contained too much preachy political/social commentary and just wasn't that funny.

whomever said hugo was scorsese doing mediocre jean-pierre jeunet impression was absolutely right. was bit cute here or there but generally yawn. scorsese will come back strong

I just watched punch drunk love on the recommendation of this thread and quite enjoyed it, was surreal to see adam sandler in a film that isnt complete shit (happy gilmore excluded)

watching him crowbar his tormentors in the face was extremely satisfying

7/10

Just watched "Super 8" last night. Wow that was bad. And seriously what is up with JJ Abram's overuse of lens flare? I didn't notice it in Cloverfield really (or was that movie only produced by him?), but it was so overdone in Super 8 I had to wonder if he was taking the piss and deliberately trying to wind his critics up. I mean there was one point where a lens flare separated into two blobby glow spots that actually obscured one of the character's eyes perfectly while he was talking. It had to be intentional? Not sure but it certainly was distracting as all hell.

Strangest thing about the movie was that even though it was apish of Spielberg the pacing of the dialogue was all off, so most of the jokes and patter fell completely flat. Also the strange use of "mint!" as a slang term, which I don't remember at all from my childhood...seems too contemporary. We were all about "cool" and "rad" and later, "fresh". Maybe it's a regional thing...

Guest Mirezzi

I was 10 in 1985 and "mint" was very much popular.

Otherwise, yeah, not a very good movie. Abrams produced Cloverfield. Matt Reeves (Let Me In) directed it.

Archived