IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

I'll do a couple of more.

The Future - 6/10 - It's a very different film. Miranda July's character is odd, but still believable.

Fucking that random dude while her boyfriend seemed pretty cool to her

Didn't seem very justifiable to me. The point of view of their cat in limbo was cool, and the boyfriend's storyline and interactions were very cool. By the time the film ended, I didn't get very much out of it though. It built up a fairly interesting plot, and then kind of died. A lot of really funny lines though. Only one that comes to mind that doesn't reveal plot.

Sophie: Are you digging a hole to China?

Kid: I think that's racist.

Young Adult - 8/10 - I personally liked it a lot. It's been a long time since I've seen a full-length filmed that I really enjoyed though, so maybe I'm just starving for something good.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

atop i was just wondering if you like children

i mean do you fancy children

mods, move this if it is off-topic

morvern callar - oh wow, i have no idea how this works, but i really dig it. first 60 minutes is just ambience, but it kinda keeps you afloat, and then it gets to the point. i also had no idea this is the same director that did we need to talk about kevin. guess it's kinda a hit-or-miss style of doing movies. really want to see ratcatcher now. great soundtrack, too. lots of can. kinda distracting at first, though.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Yeah I didn't think Chronicle was very entertaining, I really lowered my expectations and just wanted to enjoy it, not much enjoyment was had unfortunately.

Avengers - Had fun, and lots of it, usually these multiple-superheroes movies are sloppy and boring but they found an almost perfect balance between backstories/introduction of characters and badass action. Only criticism is that i find Robert Downing JR's portrait of Iron Man a bit annoying, i would never have a drink with that guy. - 9.5/10

Chronicle - 7/10

I liked how the 'story' unfolded and I liked the fact that they don't bother explaining anything. It was a shame that the special effects weren't better because it kinda threw me off.

PS. The sound design for the end credits is awesome.

Rewatched Armando Iannucci's "In The Loop" again last night on netflix. So depressing. Because it's basically true. Still, a brilliant film. Really well executed satire. 9/10

Also watched "Pirates: A Band of Misfits" with the kid the other day. Lots of little gags make it worthwhile. The 3D is totally unnecessary. 7/10.

pariah - 8/10 - really great and honest acting holds it together, despite the familiar and even predictable storyline. it's also quite refreshing to see a movie about afro-americans without anything to do with crime.

Guest Xenblake

herz aus glas 9/10

auch zwergen haben klein angefangen 7/10

evil dead 2/10

the house on the edge of the park 4/10

Rewatched Armando Iannucci's "In The Loop" again last night on netflix. So depressing. Because it's basically true. Still, a brilliant film. Really well executed satire. 9/10

It is brilliant, but I don't think it's as good as the first two seasons of "the thick of it"

Real shame Chris Langham's career was crippled by the pedo scare. Even if he'd been found guilty of pedoing his performance as Hugh Abbot would more than balance it out. Hugh is a funnier character than Malcolm Tucker.

Guest Xenblake

only 7 for warfs? HUH

wait, only 2 or eveil dead?

are you my evil twin?

Zwerge is good, but i prefer the quiet madness prevailent in herz. Zwerge probably takes the prize for amount of bizarre scenes out of the two though. also every time i see zwerge i can't help but wish he'd have used a different "theme tune".

evil dead 2 is where it's at, there's all the lovely visual panache lacking in the first film. (it was basiaclly a remake of the first one if i'm not mistaken) ?

evil dead is kinda like a demo version of evil dead 2. but it's not really much worse or anything.

and dwarfs is the most bizzare and unparalleled experience i ever had watching a movie. another level.

It is brilliant, but I don't think it's as good as the first two seasons of "the thick of it"

Real shame Chris Langham's career was crippled by the pedo scare. Even if he'd been found guilty of pedoing his performance as Hugh Abbot would more than balance it out. Hugh is a funnier character than Malcolm Tucker.

true, Hugh was the glue that held the show together for me, although i love Season 3 it wasn't as great as the first 2.

have you seen Veep yet? I thought it held up pretty well for an american translation of his style of humor. The 2nd episode airs tonight on hbo

pleasantville

7/10

i always thought this movie had potential, they really thought they were throwing their balls to the wall with the bathtub masturbation and diner owner being an expressionist painter. I would have liked the movie slightly more if the whole town turned into a hippy psychedelic free love orgy

Evil Dead 1 is amazing, sure it has shitty acting but it's one of the most ambitious and creative low budget horror movies ever made. The plot itself isnt even what makes it great, it's all the little nuances of Ash having a quick FPS camera view of his shotgun while he blows a hole in a deadite, stuff like that. The stop motion animation death scenes are great too. Sam Raimi lost a lot of that fun vibe along the way. Drag me to hell was alright, but the last time i really saw him flex his skills was the hospital scene in Spiderman 2 and the plain clothes peter parker/ggoblin fight in part 3. I know most people here thought 3 was shit, but i find it very aesthetically pleasing when peter parker is crawling on a falling piece of wall like a spider as goblin 2 chases him through the sky.

atop i was just wondering if you like children

i mean do you fancy children

mods, move this if it is off-topic

WTF?

Do you mean am I a ped?

Fuck you if that is what you are asking

If you are asking if I think kids are awesome in a platonic, I have respect for humanity kind of way, then yes, I love kids.

What made you ask me this?

Guest rufus

and dwarfs is the most bizzare and unparalleled experience i ever had watching a movie. another level.

What is Dwarfs? Googling just finds Snow White things and IMDB has a documentary?

Archived