IGNORED

A few films recently watched.

Guest Mirezzi

I watched the remake of Night of the Living Dead, and sorry Atop, but enjoyed the original a lot more. Perhaps because I had just seen the original, but the remake just didnt seem necessary or didnt add anything. Was less scary as well.

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mirezzi

I don't typically bother to "rate" movies, out of 10 points, or 5 stars, or even 3 shits given. However, Sherlock Holmes 2: Electric Boogaloo really was about a 5.5 out of 10. However, because of the excellent BBC production's existence, it's even worse. More like 4 out of 10, or 1.08 out of 3 shits given.

I watched the remake of Night of the Living Dead, and sorry Atop, but enjoyed the original a lot more. Perhaps because I had just seen the original, but the remake just didnt seem necessary or didnt add anything. Was less scary as well.

Did you read White? :w00t:

I don't typically bother to "rate" movies, out of 10 points, or 5 stars, or even 3 shits given. However, Sherlock Holmes 2: Electric Boogaloo really was about a 5.5 out of 10. However, because of the excellent BBC production's existence, it's even worse. More like 4 out of 10, or 1.08 out of 3 shits given.

Did you read White? :w00t:

Yeah I did, was a great piece. Don't think I have anything to add about it, but its definitely some good context to have when watching films.

I agree with all of this, what other horror films are you into?

Depends on my mood I guess. Inside and Martyrs are recent favourites.

I don't mind saying I'm a bit of a sucker for the Saw series. I recognise they're not "good" films, but they keep a consistent plot through all 7, despite how increasingly ridiculous it gets. Plus I love the industrial machinery side of it, there's something about machines being used that I find horrifying (see the twisting crucifix in 3). It takes horror seriously, at least until 3d came out that is. Which was more of a pastiche of the Saw series and pretty funny it was too.

Looking for a horror film to put the shits up me proper and recently there's been none of that about :(

you've probably already watched these ones...
  • hitchi the killer
  • audition
  • i saw the devil
  • mother

just watched A L'interieur (inside), my girlfriend always tells that horror/gore movies like saw don't do a thing for her, not even a slightest bit of disgust, but with this movie, she felt sick... imo some of the cgi is a turn down and the overall "twist" was seen coming from miles away but yeah, it was quite fun. that one scene where they edit the shadow coming from behind her when she's on the phone, oh my that was frigging creepy, i don't think i ever had a chill like that before.

I agree with all of this, what other horror films are you into?

Depends on my mood I guess. Inside and Martyrs are recent favourites.

martyrs was a bit of a mess wasn't it? graphically its astonishing but it could be easily divided in 2 movies...

Guest Frankie5fingers

Thats probably the best rating system ever. lol

Guest Frankie5fingers

Looking for a horror film to put the shits up me proper and recently there's been none of that about :(

Threads

not recent but it's the most horrifying thing I've ever seen

that looks pretty promising. I think im gonna check that out.

akira: mind blown confusion out of 10.

1st time?

no, i've watched it tons.

oh, it's just that, first and second viewing i really felt lost in the plot but the last time a saw it i got to the conclusion that it is in fact a simple plot, i always have a hard time with cartoons, it's confusing to identify who is who and whatnot...

Threads

not recent but it's the most horrifying thing I've ever seen

that looks pretty promising. I think im gonna check that out.

Threads is great, nice call. My favourite thing about it is this actress's IMDB page...

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1856457/

Yeah I could see how the look and feel of the first one would over ride any love for the remake. After many viewings of the original I guess I look at it as a remix and a change with the times. It is also an excellent B film. I love the Candyman reference and the actor. He is a bad ass. It does have an overwhelming 90's vibe to it.

Thought you might appreciate some of it.

Yeah I could see how the look and feel of the first one would over ride any love for the remake. After many viewings of the original I guess I look at it as a remix and a change with the times. It is also an excellent B film. I love the Candyman reference and the actor. He is a bad ass. It does have an overwhelming 90's vibe to it.

Thought you might appreciate some of it.

Aha! that is where that actor is from. I knew he looked familiar. I didn't not enjoy it, watched the whole thing and everything. But I was expecting to like it more than the original cause of what you said. I think Dawn of the Dead is my favorite of GR trilogy, because of the music and clever editing/sequences...

I don't know why I am on such a Zombie phase right now.

hardware - LOVED IT. classic dystopian dusty affair done kinda wierd because it's UK trying to recreate the american kind of scorched earth thing. chris cunningham did the evil robot which is awesome. acting is nonexistent, which adds to the b-movie charm. lots of weird pointless things, like guy shooting randomly at a ceiling. i remember it from early cable tv here in poland, must had been early 90s. pretty peculiar choice. there are lemmy and iggy pop cameos, btw.

downloaded a semi-decent cam rip of the dictator, could only watch it for 20 minutes.

that sounds about right, without Sasha Baron Coen's brilliant writing team from the Ali G show the guy honestly sucks, he is a 3 trick pony. His new character the 'dictator' seems about as imaginative as a Mad TV sketch

Guest Frankie5fingers

just got back from the new Spiderman movie. WOW. i was completely surprised. they never really advertised it in my area so i never heard much about it. kinda figured that it would just be another "spiderman movie". but this movie was actually pretty good and the new Peter was MUCH better than Tobey Maguire. but the thing i like the most about it was they didn't really copy anything from the others. new bad guy, a different girlfriend, just about a new everything, which really was a good idea. the story wasn't half bad, there wasn't any cheesy dialog, a great new cast and the budget for this movie was much larger (whether or not it was i dont know, but it really does appear much larger). I was very much entertained and I actually wanna see the next one to come out.

overall a 7.5/10

downloaded a semi-decent cam rip of the dictator, could only watch it for 20 minutes.

that sounds about right, without Sasha Baron Coen's brilliant writing team from the Ali G show the guy honestly sucks, he is a 3 trick pony. His new character the 'dictator' seems about as imaginative as a Mad TV sketch

To me Sasha is a one trick pony. All his movies are "A foreigner comes to America" rated R. every time i hear his name i think of that South Park episode where Stan thinks everything sounds like shit. good episode by the way. lol

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

Curb Your Enthusiasm Season 4 (for the second time) 8/10

Moonrise Kingdom 8/10

Step Brothers 6/10

Amazing Spider-Man 8/10 Much better than I expected

Prometheus 2/10

The ticket said prometheus but they must have showed the wrong movie. I'm pretty sure the movie I saw wasn't called Prometheus, instead it was called Hey Let's Ruin The Space Jockey. It wasn't bad per se, Noomi Rapace was good and there were some good dialogue and scenes. But they kept ruining the Space Jockey and at the end I felt like that was the point of the whole film.

Yeah it was pretty silly. It had some of the strangest pacing I've ever seen in a movie.

But it actually had some potential. It could have been a awesome movie. But shame that it's a total clusterfuck, and most parts of the film just seemed really poorly executed.

edit: Just realised it was directed by the guy who did the Mortal Kombat, Resident Evil, Alien vs. Predator movies. No wonder it's shit.

Archived