IGNORED

EP7 Appreciation

six

Posted (edited)

If you think EP7 is better than Garbage EP then you need a brain transplant!

Its okay. A bit like Floyd fans who have listened to Dark Side Of The Moon, Animals, Meddle and Wish You Were Here over a million times so then decide Atom Heart Mother is their second best album. It's not. Never will be.

Suck the cows udders! Go on suck the juice!!

Moooooooo!'

Edited by beerwolf

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mlon said:

ye, we're old dog

"feel old now"

there's a whole nostalgia stream on youtube apparently.. and this guy is winging about 2016 being "old". jfc. 

"I miss those times 8 years ago".. but the video is 3 years old.. so it more accurately is "i miss those times 5 years ago"

Edited by ignatius
  • Haha 3
  • Facepalm 1
  • Farnsworth 1
  • Big Brain 1

20 minutes ago, ignatius said:

"feel old now"

there's a whole nostalgia stream on youtube apparently.. and this guy is winging about 2016 being "old". jfc. 

"I miss those times 8 years ago".. but the video is 3 years old.. so it more accurately is "i miss those times 5 years ago"

my god i'm cringing so hard just at that thumbnail. everything about it just....oof.

1 hour ago, beerwolf said:

both are fuckin' great.

Garbage is more Wish You Were Here, EP7 falls closer to Meddle almost

1 hour ago, beerwolf said:

Its okay. A bit like Floyd fans who have listened to Dark Side Of The Moon, Animals, Meddle and Wish You Were Here over a million times so then decide Atom Heart Mother is their second best album. It's not. Never will be.

Suck the cows udders! Go on suck the juice!!

Moooooooo!'

i don't own any pink floyd albums. i'm stoked for morphing autechre things though.. and i love all the things and am all in on the new stuff.. old stuff.. whatever.. gimme the discography into my brain holes.

EP7 is epic. there's plenty melody in there. maphive6.1... pir.. etc.. 

mini masterpiece.. this song.. 

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, ignatius said:

i don't own any pink floyd albums. i'm stoked for morphing autechre things though.. and i love all the things and am all in on the new stuff.. old stuff.. whatever.. gimme the discography into my brain holes.

EP7 is epic. there's plenty melody in there. maphive6.1... pir.. etc.. 

mini masterpiece.. this song.. 

Yes Pir is a mini masterpiece for sure but only mini! 

The sad part is that the track is way too short.. I think It could have been more worked on and also give it a classic epic Ae-Outro for 1-2 minutes.

Every track on this album is special. Nothing can touch it. It's just so fucking good. Calling it an EP is hilarious. For many artists an album like this would be their peak. In fact most "idm" artists of the 90s peaked around this time. But ae just kept evolving. God I love these guys

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Big Brain 1

13 hours ago, toaoaoad said:

Every track on this album is special. Nothing can touch it. It's just so fucking good. Calling it an EP is hilarious. For many artists an album like this would be their peak. In fact most "idm" artists of the 90s peaked around this time. But ae just kept evolving. God I love these guys

words of wisdom

• Like 1

Up until the release of Exai, EP7 was usually what I settled on as my "favorite" Autechre (whenever I thought that it was necessary to decide that), although Confield and LP5 were close behind, and I still think that the first three tracks of Tri Repetae constitute 20 of the most iconic minutes in electronic music. But yeah, EP7 is one of the highest peaks in Ae's topography.

• Like 5

image.jpeg.48a2f54a32ff758eb7e0bd1b98e63ec2.jpegimage.jpeg.fb27b06d2d89154f3c0f4cdc35d7817a.jpegimage.jpeg.94085f341a55f95111dfade5e958c8f6.jpegimage.jpeg.0b706aa09bfbc858622b5c3d569a582e.jpeg

Fave Ae artwork. I bought a second copy so I could pin up by desk.

Recall a review in the Sunday Times magazine. It was a short - but positive - piece about alien sounds... Autechre finally assembling their music making machine with elastic bands and marbles or sutin. 

Stellar collection of music. 

Pics courtesy of hardformat.org via Wayback Machine. 

Edited by Scaramouche
  • Like 9

i built plenty of stacks of hay listening to ep7 cassette while visiting my grandma in the countryside in 2000

• Like 2

In my personal opinion Chiastic Slide, Confield and even Garbage EP is better than EP7. 

But EP7 is Autechre at their best and highest peek! In my point of view it is everything of their sound. 

• Confused 1

In my head, this is the album that's playing in Kevin McCloud's Volvo V90 when he's driving to a wanky house for Grand Designs. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Years ago at my old job, I used to listen to Autechre a lot. And I mean A LOT!! This one in particular used to get a lot of plays. Good times.

I've really got back into them recently. Always loved them, but not listened to them as much these last few years. That's going to change I think!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pirtek said:

Years ago at my old job, I used to listen to Autechre a lot. And I mean A LOT!! This one in particular used to get a lot of plays. Good times.

I've really got back into them recently. Always loved them, but not listened to them as much these last few years. That's going to change I think!

I'll go through heavy Ae listening phases but even when they're not in rotation, I'll be listening to them once a week. 

The one constant through all the years, Pirtek, has been Autechre. IDM has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It has been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But Autechre has marked the time. These lads, this music: it's a part of our past, Pirtek. It reminds of us of all that once was good and it could be again. Oh... people will listen Pirtek. People will most definitely listen.

image.jpeg.c18c934db199dea5710da2fd27bd4d10.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Scaramouche said:

I'll go through heavy Ae listening phases but even when they're not in rotation, I'll be listening to them once a week. 

Yes, I'll always listen to them every so often and I might not have listened to them as much lately, but I've never forgotten just how great they are!! 😊👌