IGNORED

REPHLEX . COM

karmakramer

48khz seems to imply to me that the analords were recorded originally to DAT

That would explain the hiss they all have.

yes i forgot that hiss can only come from analogue tape and not from hundreds of pieces of antiquated analogue gear aphex twin has in his studio

i love how the website has all this stuff that isn't available on physical format yet, labels should do this more often. Especially one like Rephlex where they don't really have to worry about making sure they promote a record too hard, so they don't have to coordinate the ad campaign with the phyiscal release date

edit: also awesome they list the BPM on every track, more dance centric people should do this.

Edited by Awepittance

yes i forgot that hiss can only come from analogue tape and not from hundreds of pieces of antiquated analogue gear aphex twin has in his studio

i love how the website has all this stuff that isn't available on physical format yet, labels should do this more often. Especially one like Rephlex where they don't really have to worry about making sure they promote a record too hard, so they don't have to coordinate the ad campaign with the phyiscal release date

edit: also awesome they list the BPM on every track, more dance centric people should do this.

Yarhar, why be such a dick? =\

im sorry if i was dickish, im just curious

being the nerd audio engineer that i am i can't think of any other reason why they would be in 48khz unless they were originally recorded that way. And it could very well be that he did record them onto tape and then transfer them to a DAT or protools or something

Edited by Awepittance

you must be on a high right now, first you get your musical inspiration back and then this update.

Can't wait for the downer next month :p

Yeah I was sitting here reading sound on sound with cubase open trying to make something useful of my time off and was totally feeling blah. Now I feel quite energized and excited a bit. :sorcerer:

Guest placidburp

I'm so tired but there is no way I can sleep yet, I'm feeling shaky with excitement still. Well got some amazing new music to listen to at work tomorrow! :emotawesomepm9:

Guest placidburp

I bought the Jodey Kendrick one for £3 too - is it brand new?? I downloaded it off slsk the other week...I need to check the names properly. If its the same one its well worth the money. Support your local +10!

im sorry if i was dickish, im just curious

being the nerd audio engineer that i am i can't think of any other reason why they would be in 48khz unless they were originally recorded that way. And it could very well be that he did record them onto tape and then transfer them to a DAT or protools or something

1/2" tape can record higher quality than 48khz and I'm sure Richard just picked 48khz as a good number when he recorded them into his computer. I would assume he either shipped, or hand delivered the master tapes to the vinyl pressing plant and they were returned or stored somewhere safe afterward. Rich has well beyond the means to have a nice 1/2" setup with a good console to accommodate.

seems there's a new d'arcangelo album, but im having trouble streaming it. :(

these are awesome btw.

5. AFX - Not Disturbing Mammoth 1 (Mono)

6. AFX - Not Disturbing Mammoth 2 (Mono)

my order satus is set on 'NEW'. haven't been giving access to the downloads.

"NEW Your order is new and has yet to be processed."

i payed with paypal. i go an odd error through the transaction process, but still got a confirmation from paypal that my visa had been charged.

this happening to anyone else here?

Guest placidburp

my order satus is set on 'NEW'. haven't been giving access to the downloads.

"NEW Your order is new and has yet to be processed."

i payed with paypal. i go an odd error through the transaction process, but still got a confirmation from paypal that my visa had been charged.

this happening to anyone else here?

I paid with the googlecheckout thing with my debit card and it got an email instantly saying I can download my purchases.

edit: which is not what you asked...nvm

Edited by placidburp