IGNORED

post your most recent vinyl purchases

Rubin Farr

56184142.jpg

91308154.jpg

nice! a friend of mine gave me this newcomb a few years back:

2876643817_b21e0e7ceb.jpg

how is the sound of these? can you even attach them to an amp? I am tempted to buy one they look nice and the price is very cheap

My T-50 sounds fantastic - big and fat like you'd expect a player like that to sound! Though...I paid $200 for that one. Not sure what the cost of the smaller models are, and I'm pretty sure those have less features too (not as many speeds, probably no EQ control). However I can confirm that pretty much all the Newcombs should be able to be plugged into an external amp, as many of their players were used for dance-calling.

how is the sound of these? can you even attach them to an amp? I am tempted to buy one they look nice and the price is very cheap

the sound on mine is fucked, the volume knob is basically useless. the electronics just probably needs to be cleaned. when it is working, sound is decent. i don't think mine has an output.

anyway, on topic, how did i miss the fact that arts & crafts re-released the two k.c. accidental albums on 2 x cd and 2 x LP?? these are 2 of my most favorite albums!!

ac058.jpg

Edited by Charles Nelson Reilly

Guest Coalbucket PI

picked up Sunlight by Herbie Hancock at the weekend, it's all vocoded and has this mad synth set up photo on the back

EeoiW.gif

Guest Araungzeb

peels2.jpg

3139810640_f243f2280a.jpg

The first one was in immaculate condition and I snagged for $15, it was pretty much the first thing they ever recorded and contains very early versions of "Movement" songs. The second one I was absolutely psyched to find for $6 in a store that usually has absolutely nothing good in terms of selection, the cover is in perfect condition but it's fairly crackly as it plays (although Bibio's earlier stuff sounds better that way!)

The second one I was absolutely psyched to find for $6 in a store that usually has absolutely nothing good in terms of selection, the cover is in perfect condition but it's fairly crackly as it plays (although Bibio's earlier stuff sounds better that way!)

$6! very jealous about that. i bought this vinyl on discogs a few months back for quite a bit

Guest Araungzeb

The second one I was absolutely psyched to find for $6 in a store that usually has absolutely nothing good in terms of selection, the cover is in perfect condition but it's fairly crackly as it plays (although Bibio's earlier stuff sounds better that way!)

$6! very jealous about that. i bought this vinyl on discogs a few months back for quite a bit

I know, my friends didn't understand why I nearly jumped out of my skin when I found it! I have no idea how it ended up in that crappy store, again the quality of the disk itself isn't that great but it doesn't make much of a difference when it comes to early Bibio! :yeah:

Also, since my last post this has become my most recent possession...

limbs.jpg

Edited by Araungzeb

decade-albums-06-gas-pop.jpg

Can't believe it still but I just bought this in NM for $40...

I need to get my hands on this soon :emotawesomepm9:

8l4Y8.jpg

ah the one you told me about yesterday

I know, my friends didn't understand why I nearly jumped out of my skin when I found it! I have no idea how it ended up in that crappy store, again the quality of the disk itself isn't that great but it doesn't make much of a difference when it comes to early Bibio! :yeah:

limbs.jpg

is that cardboard sleeve on top from the CD version of the release?

^no, that's not the lunch-box. it only came with the cd re-issue. this is the 4x LP Tin Box. should arrive here mid-june. can't wait...

OPERATION DOOMSDAY (4LP BOX)

Contains:

4 RECORDS: The original album on 2 records, plus alt. versions, b-sides and instrumentals. Tin box with records separated and protected by paper dividers.

LYRIC BOOK: 7 x 7 inches, 32 pages.

CARDS: 10 Operation Doomsday MC cards.

Weight: 3.5 LB; Size: 12.5 x 12.5 x 1 inches

Guest Deep Fried Everything

mark e - stone breaker 2x12"

roman flugel - brasil 12"

lone - emerald fantasy tracks 2x12" (about damn time, i want echolocations too)

morphosis - what have we learned 2x12"

lawrence english - kiri no oto lp

a good weekend haul :mcgriff:

limbs.jpg

is that cardboard sleeve on top from the CD version of the release?

No, the CD comes with the "newspaper album" version, that's what it looks like in there.