IGNORED

post your most recent vinyl purchases

Rubin Farr

Guest uptown devil

holy shit, it's my lucky day.. just snagged a brand new copy of the yagya - rhythm of snow double lp for $24.

Yagya+-+Rhythm+Of+Snow.jpeg

$24! how does that happen?? the next closest listed was a VG+ copy for $89.

• 1 month later...

I got these...

This one is the first two albums released by Tyrannosaurus Rex (T Rex), compiled into one double LP...

T-Rex--Tyrannosaurus-Rex-A-Beginning---Sea-350644.jpg

Amazingness. I've been hunting this one down for some time.

ministry-with_sympathy.jpg

and this...

24664.jpg

Question about the last one. It is the sealed, original press and I'm wondering whether or not to open it. What would you do?

Edited by jefferoo

considering ordering:

123175_thumb.jpg

1311235320_advisory-circle.jpeg

along with one of the new ghost box shirts, but it comes out to around £58.50 ($96) to ship it to the states. goddammit.

I was serious.

24664.jpg

Question about the last one. It is the sealed, original press and I'm wondering whether or not to open it. What would you do?

Should I open it or should I leave it sealed?

It depends; the perfect situation would be: sell the sealed album for a reasonable price, gain some money, and buy an unsealed, mint copy of the Experience. That's what I would do, implying that your sealed copy would sell for a really good price.

Edited by ThatSpanishGuy

considering ordering:

123175_thumb.jpg

1311235320_advisory-circle.jpeg

along with one of the new ghost box shirts, but it comes out to around £58.50 ($96) to ship it to the states. goddammit.

that's ridiculous... i live on pretty much the other side of the world from britain and 3-5 LPs (the tshirt would probably be the same size as 2 LPs but lighter obviously) would be around $25-30 US maximum i'd say. and you're closer and on a way more common route.

some of that i guess is the US dollar being converted to the pound... but still.

egh yeah...and what's more ridiculous....is that i just bought it. 96 dollars for two 1xLP releases (as far as i know) and a t-shirt. i feel a bit stupid paying that, but i've only seen ghost box releases in the states twice—once at other music (a 7" for 11 dollars) and at academy annex (advisory circle lp for 30 dollars) so price-wise, it's the best it seems i can do. :(

brb going to 1st world probz

DO9vf.jpg

oh, and to answer the question regarding leaving Experience by The Prodigy sealed....don't be a hipster. buy vinyl to listen to it, not to let it sit there doing nothing.

DO9vf.jpg

oh, and to answer the question regarding leaving Experience by The Prodigy sealed....don't be a hipster. buy vinyl to listen to it, not to let it sit there doing nothing.

counterpoint! if anything, i'd it's not "hipster", it's just collecting, dude! do you really need to listen to the prodigy on vinyl?

wait nvm it's like 30 dollars sealed on ebay, just play it.

Edited by KY

@KY:

http://www.reckless.com/index.php?keywords=ghost+box&format=&cond=&store=&is_search=true&srch=Search

They don't have the whole catalogue though unfortunately. I'm pretty sure the LP edition of The Willows never hit the states, which is aggravating as fuck.

Edited by Tauhid

@KY:

http://www.reckless.com/index.php?keywords=ghost+box&format=&cond=&store=&is_search=true&srch=Search

They don't have the whole catalogue though unfortunately. I'm pretty sure the LP edition of The Willows never hit the states, which is aggravating as fuck.

dammit. oh well, they didn't have the shirts, i need to fool myself into thinking i did the right thing.

...dammit

holy shit, it's my lucky day.. just snagged a brand new copy of the yagya - rhythm of snow double lp for $24.

Yagya+-+Rhythm+Of+Snow.jpeg

$24! how does that happen?? the next closest listed was a VG+ copy for $89.

Nice one!

And welcome to the club! :wink:

My most recent vinyl purchases haven't really been purchases, I've just acquired them:

Gimmik - Slow Motion Process

CiM - Noki Bay

F.U.S.E. - Dimensions

AFX - Analord 1/3/4/5/6/7/8/11 (completed my set, already had 2 and 9)

Aphex Twin - Analord 10

Cex - Role Playa

Decapod Claw / PAL:NDROM - Split

Nudge / If.Then.Else - Split

Various - ōmco

And of course just preordered this:

Gescom - Skull Snap