IGNORED

post your most recent vinyl purchases

Rubin Farr

Holy hell, my roommate is the greatest roommate and friend of all friends. He went to Idaho, home for the weekend, and brought me back a present.

My holy grail of vinyl acquisitions achieved, straight mint

aphex-twin-85-92-1.jpg

I'd never even seen it in person, crazy how it was carried in some local record shop in Idaho as a "selected imports".

Edited by Marked x 0ne

Van McCoy and His Magnificent Movie Machine

van_mccoy-and_his_magnificent_movie_machine.jpg

What's this record all about? Van McCoy is probably my favorite soul producer/songrwriter from '60s and '70s (along with Holland Dozier Holland), but sometimes he has a bit of cheese, i.e. "The Hustle."

I have yet to listen to it, but by the looks of it, it seems to be Van McCoy doing covers of some of the most sought after movies themes.... gone with the wind, theme from shaft, over the rainbow and so on...

http://www.discogs.com/Van-McCoy-And-His-Magnificent-Movie-Machine/release/518890

Really fucking nice find on the Charles Wright album... I have been on the hunt for that one.

What's this record all about? Van McCoy is probably my favorite soul producer/songrwriter from '60s and '70s (along with Holland Dozier Holland), but sometimes he has a bit of cheese, i.e. "The Hustle."

I have yet to listen to it, but by the looks of it, it seems to be Van McCoy doing covers of some of the most sought after movies themes.... gone with the wind, theme from shaft, over the rainbow and so on...

http://www.discogs.com/Van-McCoy-And-His-Magnificent-Movie-Machine/release/518890

Really fucking nice find on the Charles Wright album... I have been on the hunt for that one.

wrightcharrhythmpoe101b.jpg

Found this one not too long ago too.

The guy at my local record store is like the pusher for my vinyl habit. :facepalm:

Holy hell, my roommate is the greatest roommate and friend of all friends. He went to Idaho, home for the weekend, and brought me back a present.

aphex-twin-85-92-1.jpg

I'd never even seen it in person, crazy how it was carried in some local record shop in Idaho as a "selected imports".

I hate you.

aphex-twin-85-92-1.jpg

I hate you.

It's been fairly recently repressed, you should be able to pick it up no problem.

wrightcharrhythmpoe101b.jpg

Found this one not too long ago too.

The guy at my local record store is like the pusher for my vinyl habit. :facepalm:

Dayuum another one I have been on the hunt for... the only CW stuff I can find are reissues. It doesn't help that all my digging spots have rock'n'roll heads manning the front.

My edge is living in a small town with very few diggers and many transplant retirees unloading their collections.

When I was in Southern California I stopped digging because all I could find was :trashbear:

Edited by scones to die for

Yeah.. slim pickens over here... I'm heading over to Montana for a little vacation in July, hoping to find a nice spot.

aphex-twin-85-92-1.jpg

I hate you.

It's been fairly recently repressed, you should be able to pick it up no problem.

The remastered one even pops up new every now and then and the first issue is usually cheap even on Discogs.

Man... just finished ripping Madlib Medicine Show #5: The History of the Loop Digga... 44 tracks with little to no silence to distinguish when a track starts and ends. Well worth it though. :music:

• 4 weeks later...

880517.jpg

Stars of the Lid - Maneuvering the Nocturnal Hum (E.P.)+

B side has this sniffy hiss on it toward the end though, which is like the best part of the record. piss. at least got it for much cheaper than usual.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Greg Reason

The Beatles - The Beatles (numbered 1st print from Japan) 2xLP

John Coltrane - A Love Supreme LP

Coil - Black Light Disctrict 2xLP

Cyclobe - Wounded Galaxies Tap at the Window (art edition) 2xLP

Cyclobe - The Eclipser/The Moths of Pre Sleep 7"

Vangelis - Beaubourg LP

Vangelis - Spiral LP

Ken Ishii - Metal Blue America 2xLP

The Black Dog - Sex, Magick and Rave 12"

The Black Dog - Detroit vs Sheffield 12"

Supertramp - Breakfast in America LP

Massive Attack - Atlas Air 12"

anbb - Mimikry

rn121.jpg

PVT - Church With No Magic

WARPCD198-480.jpg

36 - Memories In Widescreen

WEBCOMPILE_STICKER.jpg

EOD - Utrecht

5115134455_8d263ef139.jpg

Ben Frost - By The Throat

3592703544-1.jpg

SND - Vandyk-k Integ Paradise

SND_DS93_350.jpg

North Manc Beds - Mancweb

333.jpg

Anodyne - The Remixes EP

anodyne_vinyl_labels.jpg

VHS Head - Trademark Ribbons of Gold

333.jpg

(just realised it's been ages since i posted in here)