IGNORED

New Aphex Twin interview

Herr Jan

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Interesting interview, very interesting to compare it to his older interviews and see how time has changed his views.

Usually he bullshits in interviews but most of that sounded like the truth to me....

Guest cult fiction

chill out guys i finally got round to scanning it in.

Thank you!!

Very interesting, and mostly truthful I think. I enjoyed the part about his live 'persona'(or lack thereof), makes his understated stage presence a lot more understandable... it's not that he's bored or hates the audience, it's that he's genuinely trying to engage them with his music alone. Unless that part is a lie and he's just gobbling up his 15k DJ fees and browsing Facebook back there.

Sounds like Richard has come to terms with not being the best.

It took him to be a Daddy to give up being the Daddy.

Guest beddingfield

He does respond well to some very unimaginative questions.

In the past interviews like this were probably the reason why he

invented loads of nonsense just to keep him and us entertained.

Sounds like he's been through some existential crisis about the

state of world and his role in it. Good news he came out the other side

still wanting to make music.

The optimist in me thinks that interviews start to pop up around

an imminent release...

I like his last quote about playing at the journalists funeral if someone

lets him know when he's dead.

What an amazing interview. I feel like it has satisfied so many uncertainties I've had about him and my connection with his career in music. I really like the points he made about playing live and the way he constructs sets and the crowd he has to deal with. I also really like the part about what albums he is working on and has completed, its actually very believable and consistent with what I already have gathered about the man through years of reading his interviews and listening to every possible bit of music i can find. Now I know he hasn't just shut himself away(although he admits to a previous hiatus in music), but is actually just the same old afx he always has been. He's not dead.

-fanboyish and annoying i know, but I'm pretty stoned and really enjoying life right now.

Guest Archrival

If Aphex is in this kind of mood I want to hear the new record/records ASAP!:D

Never heard Richard as humble and deep as this.

Archived