IGNORED

post something controversial about you

Guest ezkerraldean

so, do you know those hollywood comedies that start with everything is well, then almost in the end everything goes wrong and at the very end everything goes back to being even better than in the beginning? like romantic comedies and cheesy stuff like that (there's a formula for that but i didn't study cinema so i don't know the name for it) i cry most of the times...
worse than that, i can predict that i'm gonna cry, it's so fucking manipulative... but it's only with really cheesy stuff, when it's a really hard drama i rarely cry... it's like a really good cake or something that's really bad for your wealth but you can't resist to eat it... in this case the cake is the movie and me eating the the cake is the tears... i try to avoid it, but it's harder than me... sometimes i also laugh and cry at the same time... flol

edit: btw, simpsons is shit... not the shit, but really shitty...

Edited by Tim_J
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

The Simpsons, at its peak, informed basically every show you like now. 

Yeah, it's sucked for a while, but when it was good, it was a cultural milestone, a different show entirely. I remember being in middle school, when Nu-metal was popular, and some kid said that Led Zeppelin sucked. Even the teacher was like "you're a fucking idiot, dude."

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Candiru said:

The Simpsons, at its peak, informed basically every show you like now. 

Yeah, it's sucked for a while, but when it was good, it was a cultural milestone, a different show entirely. I remember being in middle school, when Nu-metal was popular, and some kid said that Led Zeppelin sucked. Even the teacher was like "you're a fucking idiot, dude."

You're kidding me right? Adventure time beats everything else from everywhere everytime by zillions... 

And yes led zeppelin sux pretty hard... 

1 minute ago, Tim_J said:

You're kidding me right? Adventure time beats everything else from everywhere everytime by zillions... 

And yes led zeppelin sux pretty hard... 

No, I am not kidding you. You must be very, very young. 

• Haha 1

No idea what adventure time is.

But the Simpsons have basically done everything - hence the running joke in many other shows, "simpsons did it!". Also character archetypes and so on.

The Simpsons set the stage for shows like South Park (later seasons) to follow a format of "relevance" be that social/political etc. A social commentary or whatever. Gives them staying power when they can talk about current events. Not sure cartoons predating the Simpson's did that?

Now, as for whether the show "sucks" it's hard to say whether it objectively sucks or maybe we have just outgrown it in our older years, we find relevance in other shows, different formats/different types of humour. I don't have kids but maybe the simpsons for them is similar to how it was for us at their age.

Or maybe it actually sucks. But there is a reason it has been around for longer than I've been alive, it's relevant to someone, some age group. 

Edited by Hugh Mughnus

I stopped watching around season 20 or thereabouts, but for a very, very, very long time The Simpsons was simply the best show on TV bar none, be it animated or live action, drama or comedy. For that, it deserves lifelong respect. Geronimo!

I reeeeeally dislike wings or any sticky sauce-caked item where the scent lingers on my hands!! I cannot stand eating crawfish in Southern restaurants where the sauces and crustaceal essences seep into my skin through the second-degree welts on my fingertips from eating items fresh out of boiling water with my bare hands! A knife & fork offer no recourse, being altogether unfit to pry open the crimson integument...

Messy foods that get all over one's hands and face appear to be some sort of sacred cultural bastion for Americans.

Give me some fuckin dipping sauce instead of drowning the wing in this inescapable slurry of sweet & sticky bitumen!

The only bare hands meal I'll regularly fuck with is Ethiopian food with injera for dipping; it's too amazing!

That post combined with your avatar made me imagine a video entitled "the right way to eat wings during a pandemic."  It features a man in the surgeon mask mashing wings into the mask until it's covered in sauce.  The wings get tossed aside as soon as most of the sauce is on/around the mask.  Presumably he's licking whatever sauce residue happens to get absorbed through the material.

I might make this.

On 4/20/2020 at 1:24 PM, Goiter Sanchez said:

I reeeeeally dislike wings or any sticky sauce-caked item where the scent lingers on my hands!! I cannot stand eating crawfish in Southern restaurants where the sauces and crustaceal essences seep into my skin through the second-degree welts on my fingertips from eating items fresh out of boiling water with my bare hands! A knife & fork offer no recourse, being altogether unfit to pry open the crimson integument...

Messy foods that get all over one's hands and face appear to be some sort of sacred cultural bastion for Americans.

Give me some fuckin dipping sauce instead of drowning the wing in this inescapable slurry of sweet & sticky bitumen!

The only bare hands meal I'll regularly fuck with is Ethiopian food with injera for dipping; it's too amazing!

There's no shame in opting for a fork when dining at Ethiopian restaurants.

1 hour ago, Tim_J said:
On 4/20/2020 at 1:33 AM, Hugh Mughnus said:

No idea what adventure time is.

how come? get on it asap!!!

I didn't either

but Thanks to Tim_J

I've Created a Temporal pair-o-socks

and now know

It's Always been Wankershim:)

wait, that's not adventure tyme?!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, IDEM said:

I have no less than 4 (four) Akira t-shirts, but none of them fit me anymore. ?

i have 2 of these...  i got them either at redbubble or that other popular tshirt place that i can't remember. there's like 500 akira shirts out there. at some point i'll have an akira based ward drobe. 

https://starcitytees.com/products/teefury-t-shirt-akira-capsule-41-new-adult-xl-navy