IGNORED

post something controversial about you

Guest ezkerraldean

On 3/24/2020 at 6:05 PM, auxien said:

you also can make almost anything into a sandwich

On 3/24/2020 at 6:26 PM, yekker said:

my mom

My mom made potato chip sandwiches, which, as it so turns out, are quite good.  Anyone else tried that?  You just crush a couple handfuls of chips between to slices of bread.  The drastic texture contrast is really satisfying.

I’ve seen my brother have crisp sandwiches in the past, usually he used a roll though. 
Anybody here into baguettes with fries? Best eaten from a greasy shack at a small seaside town in France. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

My mom made potato chip sandwiches, which, as it so turns out, are quite good.  Anyone else tried that?  You just crush a couple handfuls of chips between to slices of bread.  The drastic texture contrast is really satisfying.

never did that but i remember other kids talking about putting chips on their burgers. i used to make terrible sandwiches when i was a latchkey kid, like literally just bread and ketchup, or just cheese + ketchup on bread. would often cut up a hot dog onto a slice of bread with some ketchup and/or cheese.

my culinary skills have only slightly improved since then.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Standard snack here for decades, a “council sandwich”, like “council pop” aka water

• Burger 1

Ok I see some sandwich talk above. The idea is to make an already good sandwich and then put chips in there(kettle cooked ftw) for some xtra kraaannnccccgghhheee

• Farnsworth 2

ideally shitty, plain, white-bread with zero nutritional value , plus crisps for added texture & *flavour

*ready-salted for ultimate complain, but after half a bottle of cognac ‘‘tis the meal of kings

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I can't stand Phantom Brickworks.  I find it stale, monotonous, and boring.  I know it seems like everyone loves it but it's an immediate skip for me-- up there with Ovals and Emeralds EP.

I thought of something controversial a while ago, but have since forgot what it is.

But I have become addicted to microwaved McDonald's double cheeseburgers.  Used to hate McD's, but pop those babies in the microwave and melts into a grease and cheese goldmine.  Thank you Covid, for showing me the way.

I find over the top stereotype accents of any sort funny.  Can't help it.  If I grew up across the globe and heard my current voice now I'm sure I'd bust a gut.  

• Burger 1

2 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

But I have become addicted to microwaved McDonald's double cheeseburgers.  Used to hate McD's, but pop those babies in the microwave and melts into a grease and cheese goldmine.  Thank you Covid, for showing me the way.

Dude wtf, McDonald's used to be goto cheap food. I can get a better cheaper meal at dairy queen nowadays.. Not cool.

3 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

I find over the top stereotype accents of any sort funny.  Can't help it.  If I grew up across the globe and heard my current voice now I'm sure I'd bust a gut.  

This right here. I love using southern, ghetto, British, Slavic, and Hispanic accents all the time(when I can get away with it). Anytime someone has a little puppy or something, I speak to it in a quasi Meatwad from Aqua Teen voice, especially when no one is around. It just happens. I think I do it to stay sane. 

6 minutes ago, beer badger said:

I've never watched an episode of The Simpsons 

I haven’t seen nearly as much as a lot of other people, but seasons 3-9 have a strong reputation and someone showed me a bunch of episodes. And man, it’s no surprise it was so popular, at its best it was even more subversive than South Park. Endless jokes and “oh shit!” moments where they get away with saying something awesome in a cartoon. I think for a while it was a show that really stuck it to the man, as weird as that sounds. 

Futurama? Yes! (loved it)

But as soon as The Simpsons ever started my reaction was to turn it off. It just annoyed me from the second it started. 

One Backpackers I stayed for 4 months when I was fruit picking in Oz, there was a lot of long term residents and we all knew each other really well. When The SImpsons was on tv the whole hostel gathered to watch it, and I would be the only one who stayed up in the room, no doubt blasting tunes, hah! I was famous for being the only dude who hated The SImpsons. Oh yeah and not smoking a bong for breakfast. What the fuck is that all about?! I'd die if I did that nevermind climbing up a ladder to pick fruit ?

Edited by beer badger
  • Like 1