IGNORED

post something controversial about you

Guest ezkerraldean

3 hours ago, yekker said:

I pee sitting down.

It’s the best way. Unless in public, then of course you just pull out and spray like a firehose. 

• Haha 3

• 3 months later...

Due to the hype surrounding Kate Bush's Running up That Hill (gen z, you-you really never heard it in your lives? I've heard it many times on the radio, in old films, out in public, come on...), I wanted to confess I prefer the Placebo cover of it. Kate Bush's other songs are better as well.

Once back when I delivered food, a customer’s drink spilled out into the bucket the cups were sitting in, I poured the bucket of soda back into the cup and gave it to them to drink.

A little floor spice makes everything nice. 

• Farnsworth 1

2 hours ago, President Squidward said:

Due to the hype surrounding Kate Bush's Running up That Hill (gen z, you-you really never heard it in your lives? I've heard it many times on the radio, in old films, out in public, come on...), I wanted to confess I prefer the Placebo cover of it. Kate Bush's other songs are better as well.

Wait until they discover Wuthering Heights or Babooshka. 
spacer.png

I too pee sitting down. It’s more relaxing and worth the mystery of not knowing exactly when you are finished. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 3 months later...

i can barely tolerate most ambient music and find that out of all the genres it irritates me the most.. even more than "festival dub" music that dreadheaded white people whirl around to in the dirt at west coast music festivals. 

is this controversial? 

idk. i fall in love easily.. like 3 times a day. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, yekker said:

I can barely tolerate the modern rock stuff that they play on the radio. I must be getting old.

If I’m listening to the radio I usually listen to NPR or one of the jazz stations at the bottom of the dial. Or I hit the scan button and see what it brings me. The other day it brought me this and I’d never heard it before

and it reminded me of miami ina good way and I dug it in the car.  So of course I YouTube it and it’s a year old with 230 million views. I’m old. How would I hear this song other than by accident.

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
2 hours ago, Taupe Beats said:

Fatboy Slim seems like an asshole. 

https://www.musicradar.com/news/fatboy-slim-real-303-not-clone

Fuck off bougie hypocrite. His music has always been garbage too. Bro-EDM of its day.

I can't see anything in this article to get mad about. the 303 elitism is silly, true, but plenty of older producers hold those sort of views. AFX is on record as one of them.

the remark about the more choices being available the less he knows what to do is truly asinine though, and the mark of a hack. but he was only ever a hack, who made a few fun tunes back in the day which have a bit of nostalgia value now.

• Like 3

On 2/17/2023 at 7:50 PM, usagi said:

I can't see anything in this article to get mad about. the 303 elitism is silly, true, but plenty of older producers hold those sort of views. AFX is on record as one of them.

the remark about the more choices being available the less he knows what to do is truly asinine though, and the mark of a hack. but he was only ever a hack, who made a few fun tunes back in the day which have a bit of nostalgia value now.

Link to original article for full quote:  https://www.synthhistory.com/post/interview-with-fatboy-slim

"Norman Cook: Everybody needs a 303. Most importantly, though people might not know it, what they need is a real 303, not a clone. You can tell the difference between them and they don't quite get... the clones are good, but they're not a 303. I think everyone should have a 303 in their house that you could just run internally with its own little secret setup. You've got a few patterns in it that you wrote one night and then in the morning while you're having your coffee, you just have a little tweak with it, and that would set your day up perfectly." 

It's the "they're not a 303" part of that. Claiming people "don't know" or "don't quite get" what the difference is, and then no further explanation to exactly what. The most charitable take is that Synth History did not print any further explanation. Even then, it is still the elitism of that statement. So yeah, Fatboy Slim, AFX or whomever, I'm gonna bristle at that kind of claim without proof.

More to the point, weaponizing the exclusivity of the TB-303 is all-around fucked up. It makes me appreciate the clones even more. I never see any objectivity in claims for the original's advantages that could justify the price.

• Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

On 2/19/2023 at 11:09 AM, Taupe Beats said:

Link to original article for full quote:  https://www.synthhistory.com/post/interview-with-fatboy-slim

"Norman Cook: Everybody needs a 303. Most importantly, though people might not know it, what they need is a real 303, not a clone. You can tell the difference between them and they don't quite get... the clones are good, but they're not a 303. I think everyone should have a 303 in their house that you could just run internally with its own little secret setup. You've got a few patterns in it that you wrote one night and then in the morning while you're having your coffee, you just have a little tweak with it, and that would set your day up perfectly." 

I think he could say that about every other Roland gadget... 707, 808, 909... etc...

• just from the top of my shitty head...
  • the deer hunter sucks
  • the Simpsons as well
  • oh and the thing...
  • twilight zone is also quite lame...

??

back at home I also pee siting down most of the times... weirdest thing is, I poop standing up...

people who say that some dj is good because it 'knows how to read the dancefloor'... :facepalm:

Edited by cruising for burgers