IGNORED

Autechre - EPs 1991 - 2002

cear

I don't think it's a dumb idea. Lots of fans seem to ignore EPs and focus only on album releases. So I can see how this would still be popular. This place is just biased because most of us have at the least heard all those EPs, if not already own most of them.

So you rather they not offer them separately with original artwork and tracklistings? Have both options... with the boxset being slightly less than all EPs bought separately.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Greg Reason

I own most of this stuff on vinyl already... But it does look lovely. I think it's a good idea for the people who don't have many of these releases as it is quite classy and really is not that expensive.

Rephlex made VERY little money on the Analords you dunderhead. Calling that a crash grab is ridiculous.

11 vinyl records. Each of them sold in five figure numbers. That is not VERY little money.

Really ? Have you a source to that figure, not saying you're lying just that I'm surprised to was quite that high....

Interview Clash Music

"Despite being vinyl only, each of the 12 releases sold well into five figures, some selling as much as 25,000 units."

1. It's not a "cash grab" when you release 11 records of UNRELEASED MATERIAL in a neat package. Shit, it wasn't even that expensive!

2. We were talking about the binder I thought, in which either Rich or Grant was quoted saying something about how they really didn't make money off 'em.

AT ANY RATE....

This boxset is fine in my opinion. It's reminds me of the 4CD GAS boxset on Kompakt in 2008, it doesn't contain everything, but it contains a lot. And it's a very nice introduction to Autechre. Great gift for new electronic music lovers in your life, maybe?

Anyway, I am not going to buy it. I bought the 4CD GAS set three years ago, because I hadn't heard any GAS before that. I know Autechre rather well, and I feel no need to own almost every EP they have made.

I look forward to the next Designers Republic innovation - hope it's another steel CD case, or one made of wood or something like that.

Guest MortstoX

Rephlex made VERY little money on the Analords you dunderhead. Calling that a crash grab is ridiculous.

11 vinyl records. Each of them sold in five figure numbers. That is not VERY little money.

Really ? Have you a source to that figure, not saying you're lying just that I'm surprised to was quite that high....

Interview Clash Music

"Despite being vinyl only, each of the 12 releases sold well into five figures, some selling as much as 25,000 units."

1. It's not a "cash grab" when you release 11 records of UNRELEASED MATERIAL in a neat package. Shit, it wasn't even that expensive!

2. We were talking about the binder I thought, in which either Rich or Grant was quoted saying something about how they really didn't make money off 'em.

AT ANY RATE....

1. I have never called it a "cash grab". I just wanted to point out that your comment that they made "VERY little money on the Analords" was wrong.

2. Again. You say "the Analords." That made me think you talked about the whole series. Silly me.

I If I was only just getting into them, I think I'd have jizzed my kecks when this was announced.

I jizzed.

Have already few albums and wanted to get all the EPs. This release fits perfectly to me, even if YEAH IT DOESN'T HAVE THE ORIGINAL SLEEVES IN IT.

The guys at Warp know how to make money.

I If I was only just getting into them, I think I'd have jizzed my kecks when this was announced.

I jizzed.

Have already few albums and wanted to get all the EPs. This release fits perfectly to me, even if YEAH IT DOESN'T HAVE THE ORIGINAL SLEEVES IN IT.

The guys at Warp know how to make money.

Man, your in for a wicked listening session.

Hearing all that stuff for the first time in quick succession would make my face melt.

Interview Clash Music

AT ANY RATE....

1. I have never called it a "cash grab". I just wanted to point out that your comment that they made "VERY little money on the Analords" was wrong.

2. Again. You say "the Analords." That made me think you talked about the whole series. Silly me.

Well let us take this misunderstanding caused by my shitty command of the English language and turn it into a full blown one up each other fest. I never said YOU called it a cash grab, that was someone else.

• 8 months later...

Archived