IGNORED

Autechre - EPs 1991 - 2002

cear

Cavity Job is miles better than all of that glichy nonsense then did after Amber.

Your post is packed with ignorance.

But I like Cavity Job, really fucked with my head when I heard it. In a good way though.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes, participating in an autechre thread when i'm a huge autechre fan - clearly stalking. we need to add that to the rules.

if you want an example of stalking, Link removed

LOL

*high five*

I wish bleep would just let me buy the two cavity job wavs.

Doesn't it, though? Stop jacking it to Briella Bounce and pay atten--

holy fuck I need to jack it to Briella Bounce right now

Guest nene multiple assgasms

so you can. wait, why is cavity job the only track available to download as a flac? in any event, I still need to wait until this non-music download finishes before I purchase.

Guest nene multiple assgasms

I just realized warp should have released cavity job as a 3" CD. or maybe a vinyl re-release with the 3" CD included.

Guest Hanratty

still waiting for a box set of AE remixes.

Doesn't any AE fan have all of this stuff and heard it a million times by now? It's good music of course, but who is the audience for this kind of release? high school kids?

but we won't get a proper release of a live show? didn't sean basically say they wouldn't do that because it was kinda cash-grabby? among all that other stuff about the shape of the room and the specialness and cupcakes.

that's pretty funny i guess.

Guest MortstoX

hm this is like the same thing aphex did with analord, except theres nothing new

just repackaged stuff thats already been released for a money grab.

lame

so...completely different then?

no, the analord thing was a huge money grab as well.

Rephlex made VERY little money on the Analords you dunderhead. Calling that a crash grab is ridiculous.

11 vinyl records. Each of them sold in five figure numbers. That is not VERY little money.

Anyway. Not enough fanboi to buy all those EPs one more time. Still waiting for a box with a collection of b-sides, rarities and remixes.

Rephlex made VERY little money on the Analords you dunderhead. Calling that a crash grab is ridiculous.

11 vinyl records. Each of them sold in five figure numbers. That is not VERY little money.

Really ? Have you a source to that figure, not saying you're lying just that I'm surprised to was quite that high....

Guest MortstoX

Really ? Have you a source to that figure, not saying you're lying just that I'm surprised to was quite that high....

Interview Clash Music

"Despite being vinyl only, each of the 12 releases sold well into five figures, some selling as much as 25,000 units."

i dunno know much about it but i once heard pedro winter (boss of ed banger) saying that artists from his label actually have to do the dj thing (+ brands thing with coca etc + licensing tracks to commercials) in order to get some money. from what i've understood you dont really make tons of moneys out of vinyl (costly to produce, dont sells a lot).

100% redundant for anyone on this board except for cash surplus'd comp-elitists.

For 'cash surplus', read: increased debt. I've bought countless comps down the years comprising music I already own (Pixies, Cocteaus, The Fall), just something I can't resist. I own all the Ae CD releases plus some vinyl and releases not on this comp too, but the allure of new packaging is sometimes just too much for this sad old trainspotter. I've got a better credit rating than sense.

So this is basically stuff their fans mostly have (and isn't cost effective for those who have most of the EPs to pick up the missing ones), that isn't complete, and doesn't have the artwork associated with the EPs in the first place.

I'll have five please.

it'd be one thing if they re-released each EP separately with the original artwork (also on vinyl), but all these premium (different colors!!!!) packaged "deals" seem like a pretty rushed and desperate attempt to earn some cash. not saying you are wrong to order this, or it's a bad deal, but its starting to feel like I need to be a bmw owner to afford the music I like on physical formats (mostly vinyl).

huge missed opportunity.

no we r are why.

no hidden track from ep7.

not all the mixes from basscadet.

no splitrmx.

no keynell mixes.

no alt version of draun quarter.

other than cavity job, which i don't enjoy, there's no reason to get this. and if i wanted to buy the two cavity job tracks, i could as single tracks.

ho-hum

I don't think it's a dumb idea. Lots of fans seem to ignore EPs and focus only on album releases. So I can see how this would still be popular. This place is just biased because most of us have at the least heard all those EPs, if not already own most of them.

Archived