IGNORED

Various - Icasea (Japan Benefit)

joseph

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My top tip in relation to this compilation is that if you download it and the zip file pretends to be corrupt. Just change the file name to get rid of the character at the front. Then you won't need delete the zip and spend another half hour downloading it all over again like a bell end. Just like me.

Also, I've learnt having also redownloaded the [Flac!] zip that (possibly just some) versions of Winrar cannot open the file and will list the CRC as 00000000. It should open fine in the free 7Zip.

Mine downloaded and unzipped first time, strange.

Track 76 is the uncredited bonus track, and it does indeed feel like autechre in a way, but also not in others. Maybe its a collaboration?

Guest Greg Reason

My top tip in relation to this compilation is that if you download it and the zip file pretends to be corrupt. Just change the file name to get rid of the character at the front. Then you won't need delete the zip and spend another half hour downloading it all over again like a bell end. Just like me.

THANK YOU!!! The zip file wouldn't open but it was 2 bloody gig so I didn't delete it... Will go open it now, cheers

Guest Greg Reason

Hmm still will not let me unpack the folder... It will display the contents but will not let them out of the zip file

Hmm still will not let me unpack the folder... It will display the contents but will not let them out of the zip file

What unpacker are you using, WinRar ?

Guest Greg Reason

What unpacker are you using, WinRar ?

Just got it unpacked with 7zip, cheers!

this is outstanding! a real no-brainer, and not much in the way of filler unless you're not such of a fan of flylo-esque wonk fuzz (a few tracks early on, but I can't complain for 6 hours of music at AU$10!)

good to have a track by Made too - they haven't released a whole lot

The compilation is too much, in the best possible way.... I reached my saturation point last night less than halfway through. The average quality of the tracks is amazing... the Autechre track is one of their best outside of their albums in years, and it's great to hear new music from Freeform, VHS Head, Team Doyobi, etc, who all turn in great tracks. Most impressive is the quality of tracks by (at least to me) unknown artists - Zero Charisma and Cygnus are a couple of the standouts.

For 7 pounds, this is an absolute steal, you'd be crazy to turn it down.

Guest sirch

For 7 pounds, this is an absolute steal, you'd be crazy to turn it down.

i agree. they could've sold it for double this price. or at least around 12 pound. and it still would've been an absolute bargain/steal !

I bought the whole thing-- haven't had a chance to listen to it really, but am super excite-- and I don't think I received track 76. Hmm.

Looking at the Bandcamp home page this is the #1 seller at the moment, and quite rightly so :happy:

Cool stuff, glad to see teh idm fanboys steeping to the plate.

Also if you haven't already checked it, one of the album arts included in the zip is a pretty rad animated gif (of course I had to delete the first character in the filename to view it :cisfor: )

Archived