IGNORED

Various - Icasea (Japan Benefit)

joseph

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOAH, a new 9 min autechre track!! Grabbing that one for sure... I already have way too many 'Japan Benefit tracks' from artists I'm not crazy about to get the whole package.

this is fucking shit hot btw. . . £7 for new autechre, russell haswell, nuears, Team doyobi, MADE, VHS HEAD, loads of SKAM. . loads of ICASEA. . . it's 10p a track by some top producers and it goes to charity. . . what are you waiting for?

this is fucking shit hot btw. . . £7 for new autechre, russell haswell, nuears, Team doyobi, MADE, VHS HEAD, loads of SKAM. . loads of ICASEA. . . it's 10p a track by some top producers and it goes to charity. . . what are you waiting for?

facebook-like-button-300x201.jpg

All of this for £7 is ridiculous. Can't remember such an impressive compilation, even Mogwai on there. And more people really need to check out The Wyrding Module.

EDIT: if it were only for 5 or 6 of the tracks on this I would've paid £7. Skimming for now though, and I don't think there's going to be much filler. But fuck me, I'd love to have the time to do the whole thing in one sitting.

managed to give this a thorough listen now, sprawling yes but superb at points.

my highlight 10:

1: freeform

2: autechre

3: denis dufour

4: stellar om source

5: vizier of damascus

6: icasea

7: bun

8: ynys enlli

9: seesaw

0: bbc

well worth spending some money on

My top tip in relation to this compilation is that if you download it and the zip file pretends to be corrupt. Just change the file name to get rid of the character at the front. Then you won't need delete the zip and spend another half hour downloading it all over again like a bell end. Just like me.

Thanks to those who've posted their early favourites. It's allowed me to make a playlist so I can break this beast in manageable chunks. Even so, that's still 30 tracks of listening before I get to listening through the rest for undiscovered gems.

And, and, and, you get to feel good about donating...

It's such a shame that Freeform isn't really actively releasing anymore. Great track.

true, but he gets to do fun stuff like this these days:

[vimeo]24167862[/vimeo]

[vimeo]25228337[/vimeo]

what bonus items does the full album download include?

a 24-ish minute uncredited track that sounds suspiciously like the hands of autechre were involved. one of the best things on the compilation. if it's not them it's the best imitation I've heard.

Archived