IGNORED

Various - Icasea (Japan Benefit)

joseph

Yeah I got about half way through before I realised I was talking bollocks. It really sounds familiar though, like it's a chilled out megamix of the entire Trademark Ribbons of Gold album or something ....

EDIT: I'm still a long way off giving the whole compilation a full review but I'm stunned about how strong the opener track is. This is the kind of electronica that makes me so glad I'm interested in this genre of music, the emotional connection is just incredible ...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I found my track 76, and there is a slight but discernible whiff of the 'techre, or at least a reasonable approximation thereof.

This whole thing is immense. I've only dipped in here and there but I can tell it'll occupy me for some time. This much stuff, for a great cause, at this asking price is unreal.

Also, man, 6852 and Ts1a both have such a funky and melodically busy aesthetic; I like this current direction in Ae a lot. Was not expecting twenty plus minutes of new Ae this year, but Jesus, they're beautiful together.

Also, man, 6852 and Ts1a both have such a funky and melodically busy aesthetic; I like this current direction in Ae a lot. Was not expecting twenty plus minutes of new Ae this year, but Jesus, they're beautiful together.

Aye agree, Put them 2 at the start of a cd and then filled the rest of it with some some other tracks off this comp. The 2 Ae tracks sound amazing together their both so funky and fun!

Still got some of the comp to listen to but I am so impressed with the quality of everything ive heard so far. Lots of people I hadnt heard before who I will have to check out more of in the future as well.. which is always nice! Tis a Beast of a compliation hats of to Icasea for this!

I know speculating on origins misses the point -- and the track is gorgeous -- but fuck me if After the Quake (Sendai 2008) doesn't sound exactly like what you'd expect a threeway between fennesz, t hecker, and Ae to sound like. Even the title looks like TH.

Guest Ranky Redlof

some great tracks but most is not really my style, a little too IDM for me iykwim

deff worth the 7£ tho

Guest bitroast

Best compilation ever?? Every track is pretty much SOLID gold!

this is so fucken true!

on 36th track, and it's been so fucken consistantly awesome. this is definitely one of the best electronic compilations put together.

Guest bitroast

the fact that half the compilation is unreal crazy good, and that these 'artist names' don't have discogs pages or any sort of artist identity, makes this compilation something else. it's such a good collection of music.

this is totally in my top 10 albums of the year.

amazing compilation.

everyone who hasn't bought this compilation. buy this compilation.

it's so good.

So I guess this is my cue to try to convince some people this comp is not as hilariously good as some want to tell you? Why? Because it just isn't. There are numerous good tracks, and the money going to a good cause is sexy as well. But that's just about it.

If anything, having listened to the 70+ tracks, at some points I was under the impression tracks sounded stereotypical and bland. IDM turning into satire. At some points, meaning at least half of the tracks. If IDM was like smoking, this comp would be the only available public smoking area at an airport where the most seasoned smoker would turn sick and stop smoking because it is just too much.

Archived