IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

^ I was in Barcelona this past October and was struck by its beauty. Would love to go back... There seems to be some Societal unrest involving the Catalan populations wanting to secede from the rest of the country, and quite a bit of inequality from what some locals told me.

Simple question....

If you are able to purchase something for $25, and you're selling it for $50, how much (what %) is the mark-up on the item?

100%

(Because 'mark up' means 'what percentage of the original you are adding on top of it')

Brings me to my FWP as what you've said is exactly what markup is (or at least what I understand it to be).

My textbook (yep) says 50%. 

It's defining markup % as (P-MC)/P

So (50-25)/50 = 0.5 *100 = 50%

"(P-MC)/P, is the markup over marginal cost as a percentage of price"

Thought I was misunderstanding until I did a couple practice problems... Scratches head*

Why is your textbook using marginal cost? That's just weird. Which textbook is it?

In the wild both are used, but basing it off the cost price is definitely the default (i.e. 100%), when I'm coding a markup function I'll usually put both in and have a switch to change from one method to the other, most clients use the default. Maybe it comes down to which textbook they had in college?

^ I was in Barcelona this past October and was struck by its beauty. Would love to go back... There seems to be some Societal unrest involving the Catalan populations wanting to secede from the rest of the country, and quite a bit of inequality from what some locals told me.

The inequality there is they have a lot more money than the rest of Spain, not the other way around. They're not happy to be subsidising the rest of the country.

a 21 year old girl is facing 2 years in jail cause of a dozen or so tweets joking about the assassination (via bomb car) of Carrero Blanco, Franco's best buddy, in the early 70s. A murder that's been joked about by even famous comedians. This follows a string of accusations against actors, musicians and politicians merely for things they've said or posted online. All left-leaning of course. All under the guise of "exaltation of terrorism": because the second you mention ETA its up to the judges to decide if what you said is "exaltation of terrorism" or not. Which of course it never is. But hey, can't laugh about 40 year old dictatorships.

Meanwhile the government is always avoiding or sabotaging attempts to recover the bodies, story, and memories of the republican side during the Civil War and the dictatorship because oooh that's a thing of the past and cant we just move on already jeez. Why do you care that your grampa was shot in the back and his corpse is on a roadside who knows where, it's 2017 people lets move on. Let's take this 21 year old girl to court though, can't joke about Franco, that's off limits.

Not to mention the most blatantly corrup party in the history of Spain keeps winning the elections. In Valencia the whole fuckin party was taken to trial; not just a few corrupt politicians, the whole damn party in that region was considered a corrupt organization as a whole. That's bonkers

rant over :cat:

I got pretty drunk with my girlfriend last night. I made us pasta and put 3 little drops of Dave's Insanity Sauce in mine. She picked up the bottle and gave three big, forceful lunges at her plate with it, thinking it was Tabasco.

That shit is not Tabasco. Not even close.

Knowing she wouldn't even come close to finishing it, I switched the plates and ate the unbearably spicy one.

My stomach was doing backflips all morning and I have a sneaking suspicion that I've made some sear marks in the toilet bowl.

I got pretty drunk with my girlfriend last night. I made us pasta and put 3 little drops of Dave's Insanity Sauce in mine. She picked up the bottle and gave three big, forceful lunges at her plate with it, thinking it was Tabasco.

Knowing she wouldn't even come close to finishing it, I switched the plates and ate the unbearably spicy one.

My stomach was doing backflips all morning and I have a sneaking suspicion that I've made some sear marks in the toilet bowl.

she better husband your ass fa'dat.

Perhaps you'd do well on First We Feast!

Daves Insanity is not a forgiving sauce! That shit is awful!

I tricked a bunch of drunk coworker-yahoos into trying it when I was bartending years back by telling them I knew a secret to not having hot sauce burn. The secret I told them was to put it in between a bunch of peanut butter on crackers. They did it, and holy fuck it was funny. Peanut butter doesn't do shit to stop it from being spicy.

Sociopathic, yes. Funny, also yes. 

I've had some of that Mega Death sauce before, that shit is brutal. I look at the Scoville scale and think to myself, what the fuck?

Anyways I had some wings at a restaurant in Vancouver (named "wings", how original) called "The Bobby Wing", and you had to sign a release waiver to eat them. Now I lived in Korea for a long time, and I can handle spicy food, but goddamn, I had 3 of those wings, my stomach felt like someone was puncturing the lining with a soldering iron, my ring burn was fucking fierce and to top it off, I accidentally touched my dick when I was taking a slash (after eating one of the wings) and it made my dick burn worse than any bout of clap from a thai hooker. We started driving home, after 10 minutes, we had to pull over, my friend had to lie on the grass next to the sidewalk for about 45 minutes before he could get right again. Ridiculous. Never had those wings again.

It was 1995 and I was desperate to see Eraserhead, had been searching for years, but the VHS was super rare and it wasn't on DVD yet.

Luckily I found it on a new site called Amazon.com. I used a credit card online even though that was potentially a "risky" thing to do back then. Ordered it, thinking my prayers were answered.

When it arrived I tore open the package to find a VHS of 3 Ninjas Kick Back, which was some terrible children's film of the day. It even said Eraserhead on the enclosed receipt.

In my fury I threw the tape at the wall. Then contacted Amazon to explain it all. They said they mislisted the item and did not have Eraserhead. And because the 3 Ninjas Kick Back tape was broken, refused to return it.

3 years later I finally saw Eraserhead on japanese laser disk. And about 4 years after that it finally was released on DVD.

Damn you Amazon. You may rule the world now, but I'll never forget.

I went to bed at a reasonable hour (midnight) and as a result woke up at 5:40, getting far less sleep than I would have had I went to bed at my usual unreasonable hour (more like 3am).  Something positive did come out of that, but this is not the place for it.  I feel a little bit sick.  It's weird how getting up at ungodly hours does that... that shaky slightly nauseated feeling.  The morning has always been my enemy.

I don't understad why people do this to themselves. Has this something to do with masculinity?

Naw just for shits and giggles. We bet one of my friends he couldn't eat 4 in a row without stopping, shit was hilarious.

I don't understad why people do this to themselves. Has this something to do with masculinity?

Naw just for shits
mainly.
Painful ones too.

Fiery ones.

This is driving me nuts.... I'm SURE I've heard this song (only need to hear the first 45 seconds) sampled in one of my fav artists tracks but I can't place it. I figure it's Vibert (more specifically probably plug?) or Afx but I just can't place it!

Any ideas?

I know know know know KNOW I've heard it sampled somewhere (leaning towards Vibert like you guys) but it's buggin' the heck out of me!

(Blysky sent you a text hope you're feeling better bud, not sure if my pic came through though heh)