IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Ugh.  Finally got around to listening to Burial - Untrue after that thread about it being the best electronic music album so far this century (or was it all time?).  I don't remember the last time I was this bored listening to anything.  It actually finished right after I started writing this, thank god.  So baffled how something so banal can get placed on such a high pedestal.  

:catrage:

Okay, now I never have to listen to it again.  Good.

I'm glad to hear someone actually agrees with me

i mean that thread agreed with you. that's why i made it, totally perplexed by its stature among music critics and listeners because it's always bored me to tears.

yup, agreements all round, cheers

xfBa0nN.gif

even OPN > Burial

I did like that video.  

you did but you don't anymore? 

i've no idea wtf is going on there but i did skip chunks of it.  i don't feel any strong desire to care. 

Is it cool to hate on burial now?

I thought his first two albums were great pieces of music that told a story and took me to a different place. A little bit and miss after that but still decent producer.

Also I’m sure there’s a thread or two on here about the whole two-step/uk garage from horsepower productions and Wookiee and even Craig David as big influences on Burials output.

Got out of surgery fine. (Had the rest of my thyroid out) Throat is way too sore for any real food and my wife is sitting across from me eating Fritos. Sooooo huuuungry.

glad it went well. my mom had her thyroid out last year. had a nodule on it that was bigger than the actual thyroid. once they got her med dosage right she evened out now is doing fine. 

Is it cool to hate on burial now?

I thought his first two albums were great pieces of music that told a story and took me to a different place. A little bit and miss after that but still decent producer.

Also I’m sure there’s a thread or two on here about the whole two-step/uk garage from horsepower productions and Wookiee and even Craig David as big influences on Burials output.

i like the first burial record.. don't care for the 2nd one.. uppy downy pitched vocals make me a little nuts..  i like rival dealers though and some other random stuff of his i picked up.  are people hating on his music now? or is it just reaction to pitchfork guy saying it's the best thing since the creation of the sun or whatever he said?

fwp - my dog is quick at snatching things out of the grass or bushes to eat when we're out on walks and he snagged something off the sidewalk that looked like a little round berry but could've been a tiny chocolate candy or something so of course i'm ready to ipecac him w/some hydrogen peroxide but he seems fine.. it was probably just bird poop or something. 

Even if it was a little chocolate candy I don't think it could contain enough theobromine to hurt him so I wouldn't worry about it.

It's been two months now since I started doing morning workouts 5 to 6 days each week. But so far I've lost far less weight than I originally planned, even though I'm up to a full hour in each session now.

Every couple of weeks I might shed a couple of pounds, but then there will be stagnation in between. So I'm not sure if muscle mass increase is a contributing factor, or if I need to be more mindful of diet. I just don't want all the effort to have been for naught.

I just noticed my van stereo cuts off a fraction of a second from the first track of some CDs.  It did it with Syro (so the first kick on Minipops was absent... probably my favorite first kick of any album) and then it did the same thing for the first track on a new Zephyr Nova album I was test driving.  Anyone else encountered this with stereo systems?  I had a recording client a long time ago who requested a bit of silence at the start of every track for just this reason, but I've never experienced it myself.  I'm just wondering how common it is.  Anyway, I guess I'll be adding a bit of silence to the start of my album.  I've never really taken note of whether there's extra silence at the start of most albums.  Since the start of most first tracks on my van stereo are in tact, I'm guessing having a bit of silence at the beginning is a common thing.

Must have something to do with the anti skipping system the cd player probably has.

wtf apparently I like trivializing people's fwp's. sorry.

Edited by user

Well that was potentially useful insight, didn't trivialize anything.  Any other antiskip device of mine hasn't done that, but that's a pretty small sample size.  

For whatever reason, this particular phenomena is very difficult to google.  Usually I can figure out a common enough way to phrase a problem to get some relevant search results, but so far I'm coming up blank here.  

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

It's been two months now since I started doing morning workouts 5 to 6 days each week. But so far I've lost far less weight than I originally planned, even though I'm up to a full hour in each session now.

Every couple of weeks I might shed a couple of pounds, but then there will be stagnation in between. So I'm not sure if muscle mass increase is a contributing factor, or if I need to be more mindful of diet. I just don't want all the effort to have been for naught.

Losing weight is 95% diet. Use a calorie calculator to find your caloric maintenance level, and then eat at a 500 calorie deficit in order to steadily lose weight; one pound of fat = 3500 calories.

Alternatively you can try fasting which has its own benefits, such as increased life expectancy and HGH release. I do two 36 hour fasts* a week and personally I find it to be easier and more efficacious than eating at a deficit.

*i.e finish eating at 8pm Monday, fast on Tuesday, eat at 8am Wednesday.

Don't fret bud - I found that I shed a heck of a lot more pounds altering my diet to pretty much mostly vegetables, lean protien of choice, no sugar besides fruit, no beverages besides water and fairly intense weight lifting. As long as I maintain a decent amount of calories (500 a day with real workouts is not healthy IMO), did cardio and lifted like I had a puppy stuck under a building multiple days a week - I lost a lot of fat and gained a bunch of muscle. 

Genetics play a role, but I've seen men lose more weight starting this way.  Seems to me it's the more successful way for most slightly out of shape dudes to get back into the swing of things. The male (and just general human) body recovers from weight training differently vs. shocking it with a ton of movement cardio more than needed when just starting. Then your body starts to produce more testosterone, and also, heavy weights do provide decent cardio over long sessions. 

No need to beefcake it up, but if you stick at it, you will lose weight so long as you eat well. Move to Seattle and we can Hanz and Franz 

ce1429c8c9becc2ba1e1cae9e73fb5bf71f22eb3

Maybe that's part of my problem - not doing actual weight training yet. I've been doing strictly cardio.

I'm not about to throw in the towel though. Besides, the vest I put on today because it was chilly felt much looser than it did over last winter. Maybe just need to cut back on beer and greasy foods. Damn bqbqbqbbq season.

Maybe just need to cut back on beer and greasy foods. Damn bqbqbqbbq season.

of course you do.  what beer do you drink? a pint of any decent beer is gonna be between 100-200 calories.. so.. drink 3 or 4 of those and whatever calorie battle you're waging is not gonna go in your favor unless you ride/run/walk a lot every day. 

i lost 10 pounds cycling doing 5-20 miles a day for a while w/o dieting but i was pushing 230 which is as fat as i'd ver been. so shaking that off and the first 10 pounds dropped fast but i didn't lose another pound until i started paying attention to the calories. once i did that i lost 20 more pounds reasonably fast. 

sites like this work.. 

https://www.myfitnesspal.com

they have an app too. 

you fill in some details about your weight and how much you want to lose and how fast nad it tells you how many calories to eat every day. it also calculates exercise. so if you go walk for an hour and put that in there it goes in the negative for you. 

but it's helpful to use one of those kinda things for a few months so you see where your calories are coming from.

if you just cut out greasy late night foods, sugars, bad carbs.. you'll lose weight. 

but the fatter you are the faster you lose it. if you're just trying to lose 20 pounds it's harder to do.  but if you're trying to lose 100 pounds you can drop the first 30 pounds in a month easy if you diet and get some kind of regular exercise. 

also, it's first in last out w/weight loss. it's the weight you gained first that is the last to leave. so, you lose it from your face, arms etc before it really disappears from the gut and love handles. 

Edited by ignatius