IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Just eat some fucking jellies.

FWP: my mother, wife, and daughter are all pissed at me. Lol. I don’t even know, but I got a growler full of delicious IPA to finish.

Just eat some fucking jellies.

FWP: my mother, wife, and daughter are all pissed at me. Lol. I don’t even know, but I got a growler full of delicious IPA to finish.

i tried so many IPAs but hated them all. tried hard to like them on urging of a couple friends who really appreciate them. even tried Russian River 'Pliny the Elder' which is stupid spendy per 22oz bottle.  it was really smooth for an IPA but still just tasted like a pungent fermented grapefruit.. i poured it out. 

yesterday i bought a fancy cider recommended by the guy at this new bottle shop.. balckberry something infusion.. supposed to be dry and crisp.. tasted like watered down carbonated blackberry wine.

people just don't know what they're talking about. 

i'm going to have to open my own bottle shop now because people are being led astray.   i don't have time for that. burn the world then. 

Maybe you just have a broken tongue?  :unsure:

obviously it's everyone else who has a broken tongue. broken by the IPA hop wars.  

edit: doesn't matter really.. i can't drink beer sicne i was diagnosed w/celiac 5+ years ago. 

Edited by ignatius

obviously it's everyone else who has a broken tongue. broken by the IPA hop wars.  

edit: doesn't matter really.. i can't drink beer sicne i was diagnosed w/celiac 5+ years ago. 

Well fuck man. Obvs if you're allergic to the stuff you're going to start tasting it differently!

Evolution and all that. lol

I got tired of IPAs and moved on to imperial stouts. I guess my alcoholism is developing nicely..

Wow, I'm glad the mods removed that comment you made. Somehow you managed to write something racist, misogynistic *and* anti-semitic in a three word sentence.

Stop drunkposting man, get help.

lol

SFWP: delayed lol.

Left my cell in another city.  Need a cell to do my delivery job as it uses an app.  My friend has a cell with the app I need, but I am where I'm supposed to meet her and she isn't.  Shift starts in 15.  Takes 15 min to drive from here to the area i need to be in.  Ffffuuuuuuuuuuuu  :wtf:

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

NEIPA is the emperor has no clothes Moment of craft beer. The whole trend will look very silly in a few years .. I hope

I mean, you can have a delicious hoppy IPA that's not ridiculous on the IBUs. The one I was having the other night was 57 IBUs and was pretty damn magical. It really does depend on the type of hops you're using.

I got tired of IPAs and moved on to imperial stouts. I guess my alcoholism is developing nicely..

Stouts are great, a little heavy for hot summers at times, but always enjoy a good stout. I love the sours/gose in the summer.

I've never understood the seasonal beer concept.  Any beer that's good during one season is good during every season.  I'm a dark beer guy, so I have to wait until October for many of my favourites.

FWP: didn't get a chance to eat a meal in the last 24 hours.  Only thing I had on my stomache was a deep fried sesame ball, deep fried pork bun and curry bun (china town bakery).  It's now half past midnight and I'm cooking a breakfast of champions AKA store bought burritos buried in melted cheese.  My diet is in fine form.

agreeing to go to Stonehenge for summer Solstice

plain clothes filth will be embedded everywhere, surrounded by caped druids chanting new-age bolliix, bongo drumming circles galore with many hands laid on the stones to feel & connect with the ancient energies, fkn pillocks

an edible & sunglasses will be a personal cloak of invisibility

Left my cell in another city. Need a cell to do my delivery job as it uses an app. My friend has a cell with the app I need, but I am where I'm supposed to meet her and she isn't. Shift starts in 15. Takes 15 min to drive from here to the area i need to be in. Ffffuuuuuuuuuuuu :wtf:

Did you get the cell ?

Left my cell in another city. Need a cell to do my delivery job as it uses an app. My friend has a cell with the app I need, but I am where I'm supposed to meet her and she isn't. Shift starts in 15. Takes 15 min to drive from here to the area i need to be in. Ffffuuuuuuuuuuuu :wtf:

Did you get the cell ?

Yeah, you can’t just start posting about other things before you finish this story.

Haha fair enough.  I got the cell 5 minutes before my shift, sped down the highway toward town, and I could see my dot on the GPS just barely approaching the margins of my delivery zone as my shift started.  Got a delivery from a restaurant just off the highway as I rode into town.  It actually worked out perfectly.   Normally I have to wait a while longer for my first delivery.

Made a beautiful batch of home-made sausage rolls, put them in the oven. Check on them 40 minutes later when they should be golden and crisp; the fucking element in my oven's broken and I have 3 trays of turgid pastry and raw sausage meat.

Fortunately was able to stash them away in tupperware until the oven's fixed but fuck man, was really looking forward to these, was going to bring some on a hike tomorrow and all.

Ugh.  Finally got around to listening to Burial - Untrue after that thread about it being the best electronic music album so far this century (or was it all time?).  I don't remember the last time I was this bored listening to anything.  It actually finished right after I started writing this, thank god.  So baffled how something so banal can get placed on such a high pedestal.  

:catrage:

Okay, now I never have to listen to it again.  Good.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

overrated like fuck but still a good album, there is nothing like it so you are dead wrong for never wanting to listen to it again, you are not annanas fantanas

Edited by Ivan Ooze

Is there really nothing like it?  Minimal dubby stuff with pitch shifted/warped R&B vocals?  I swear I have heard a lot of music like that even when Untrue was a new thing, though admittedly I haven't delved deeply into much of it... probably because it bores me to tears.  Let me put it this way - there were no sounds, beats or individual elements in there that I haven't heard elsewhere.  But perhaps there is something unique about that particular combo of those things?  Whatever, I can't make myself listen to that again.  There's far too much great music I need to get caught up with and not nearly enough time.

Ugh.  Finally got around to listening to Burial - Untrue after that thread about it being the best electronic music album so far this century (or was it all time?).  I don't remember the last time I was this bored listening to anything.  It actually finished right after I started writing this, thank god.  So baffled how something so banal can get placed on such a high pedestal.  

I'm glad to hear someone actually agrees with me

i mean that thread agreed with you. that's why i made it, totally perplexed by its stature among music critics and listeners because it's always bored me to tears.

I've never understood the seasonal beer concept.  Any beer that's good during one season is good during every season. 

Yeah, I just want dank ass IPA year-round. However I'll quaff an Old Rasputin in October/November and enjoy some sours during the warmer months.

Also Ghost Hardware was better than Untrue.

Is there really nothing like it? Minimal dubby stuff with pitch shifted/warped R&B vocals? I swear I have heard a lot of music like that even when Untrue was a new thing, though admittedly I haven't delved deeply into much of it... probably because it bores me to tears. Let me put it this way - there were no sounds, beats or individual elements in there that I haven't heard elsewhere. But perhaps there is something unique about that particular combo of those things? Whatever, I can't make myself listen to that again. There's far too much great music I need to get caught up with and not nearly enough time.

I like Untrue.

I also like Napalm Death but think their first two albums are pretty shit. And they’re the ones that get all the praise. The worst examples of grindcore ever.

I'm glad to hear someone actually agrees with me

i mean that thread agreed with you. that's why i made it, totally perplexed by its stature among music critics and listeners because it's always bored me to tears.

yup, agreements all round, cheers

xfBa0nN.gif