IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Yeah i was considering dating apps once, but I guess I'm just an old fart. I prefer the old game, even though the fail-to-win ratio is not very favorable, I still get the kicks out of it.

edit: related first world problem: I have a hard time assessing young women's age these days. While meditating on this subject I came to the conclusion that I probably still perceive women as a college guy. My body is old, but my soul refuses to accept that lol

Edited by Godwin Austen

I travel too much for work. I am missing all my kid's milestones. I am missing her growing up. I don't know how to escape

I also rarely seem to go anywhere that has decent internet so I am acutely out of the loop with the hippest memes and sickest IDM beatz that the cool kids are into these days

I travel too much for work. I am missing all my kid's milestones. I am missing her growing up. I don't know how to escape

I also rarely seem to go anywhere that has decent internet so I am acutely out of the loop with the hippest memes and sickest IDM beatz that the cool kids are into these days

obviously, quit your job, join a fight club. move to the toxic waste part of town. make soap. 

my insurance company is putting the blame on the hospital for the big bill i have. so i get to argue w/both of them. sweet.

quitting smoking is a real motherfucker. I've done it before (3 years) but this time has been a months-long series of flops

(the real difference is that this time, I'm living with another smoker, so it's always around. ugh)

quitting smoking is a real motherfucker. I've done it before (3 years) but this time has been a months-long series of flops

(the real difference is that this time, I'm living with another smoker, so it's always around. ugh)

Maybe switch to vaping?

I actually did switch to vaping, and i enjoy it greatly (churro flavored? yes please) but i find i still crave cigarettes. I had a good run with the patch too, which was my first move while quitting this past year - was attempting to get over the whole hand-to-mouth physical habit, as well as the cigarette-as-work-break-timer thing. Started vaping about a month later. I'm not sure what it is, but cigarettes remain a serious temptation. Most of the time I actually prefer vaping now, but the cravings man, the cravings.

Oh, and regarding drinking: in order to have even a chance of success kicking smoking, i had to drop booze altogether. Can't do it or I become a dang chimney.

Edited by luke viia

Oh, and regarding drinking: in order to have even a chance of success kicking smoking, i had to drop booze altogether. Can't do it or I become a dang chimney.

this is my greatest fear because these are my two vices. weed makes me panicky and harder stuff takes too long to resolve, and if i drink I smoke. I’m doomed to die at 50, basically

5 months without a smoke today. this time it was an absolute breeze, i just decided i had really had my fun last june, smoked until jan1st as much as i wanted, by jan1st i was completely and utterly fed up of it. 

Well, I hope they find some answers on how to fix global warming over there on that dead planet.

5 months without a smoke today. this time it was an absolute breeze, i just decided i had really had my fun last june, smoked until jan1st as much as i wanted, by jan1st i was completely and utterly fed up of it.

That's how ya gotta do it. Be legitimately fed up with it and actually -want- to quit.

@yek: my gf once quit with chantix. iirc it made her feel crazy, but it worked. till she started again. :P

Well, I hope they find some answers on how to fix global warming over there on that dead planet.

:cisfor:

There was once a space race between two regimes. Now that the capitalism won, the capitalists must race each other to establish who has the biggest d-... rocket.

House is finally going up for sale Monday, but the waifu will be in Indiana all week for work. 

I'll have to keep it in showing condition without her help, usually not a problem but it's the busiest I've ever been for work and school at the same time so I'm panicky.

ack

Light at the end of the tunnel is a nice new much larger place for us to probably fill with a kiddo in a few years. 

Edited by Bulk VanderHooj

after a long time away from it, i have begun to miss cubase, so I downloaded the 9.5 trial. i cannot for the fucking life of me get this stupid e-licenser software to work. i've tried steinberg's "solutions" to this and they do fuckall. i was like 90% sure i'd end up buying 9.5, but not if i can't even activate the motherfucker without hours of troubleshooting. sheesh.  

((not really problems so much as ponderings, but this is about as close as we've got to an all purpose internet journal thread imo))

so i've recently distanced myself from the kitchen job that was rly starting to fuck with my sleep, health, and general happiness (basically i was in a position of working most nights til nearly 3AM, drinking way too much coffee way too late in the day, still waking up at 7AM, feeling exhausted & useless throughout the day, constantly battling the temptation to eat calorie dense unhealthy food throughout the shift, feeling constantly exposed to the agressive high stress environment which is typical kitchen culture, etc. essentially the job had gone very rapidly from something supporting my life to the thing consuming my entire life as the summer rush started to kick in).

i'm still working one night per week (which should net me like 100 bucks a pop plus tips), and have two grand in the bank. if I go back to dumpster diving & eating less meat i should be able to go the rest of the summer, even going out clubbing on weekends (i don't drink i just like to dance a lot). current plan for the summer is to pour as much energy as i can into my health & art projects & see where that takes me (and also get much better at initiating casual relationships so that the current six month dry spell doesn't spiral into yet another two year dry spell). and then when fall roles around i have two options (assuming i haven't become a famous musician or health guru or enlightened nomad or some shit by then):

1. go back to working full time at the restaurant (not ideal because i want to move past this stage of my life, but still better than the prospect of being destitute)

2. go to school

i don't really have any post secondary! maybe i would like it! i have a strong temptation to just go deep into academia for several years, learn as much as i can for the sake of learning. it wouldn't really matter if i accumulated a huge student debt because i'm pretty sure even at the most financially stable phase of my adult life so far i was still only like halfway to reaching the canadian poverty line.