IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

Hahaha... my colleagues keep surprising me.

So I was asked to produce a children's audiobook. My colleague asked me if I could some sound design as well. I told her, that I'm not hired to do sound design so I won't do it as an employee but she could hire me as a freelancer and I'd invoice her through my own company. She said, "ok!". I then received the script and had a look at how many sounds effects they wanted me to create. Every single sound effect was highlighted in the script so I just had a quick look and told her that it would take me about 4 hours and then told her how much that would cost. Everything was a-ok.

Two days later I started working on it but then noticed that the client had requested music as well which I hadn't been told about. Luckily, I have a fairly large backlog of music so I was able to finish some stuff and then use it for the audiobook. I then asked my colleague why they hadn't told me that the client had requested me to do music as well because if I had known the price I would have given would have been WAY different. As a matter of fact, I would have charged 10 times as much. She then told me, "but how was I supposed to know? I don't read the scripts".

But you're a fucking salesperson! You're supposed to know what the fuck you're selling to our voice talents and to your suppliers - me included!

Anyway, I finally finished the project and then told my colleague that I was going to invoice them. My colleague said, "Sure! You can charge us for 2 hours."

I then told him, "wait, I told the salesperson that it was going to take me 4 hours? And I even went up and beyond and made a bunch of music for free?". My colleague then responded that the salesperson couldn't find anything in her inbox about it taking 4 hours.

I then pretty much told them to fuck off and that they could have it for free because I can't be bothered to invoice anyone for two hours of work when it all in all has taken me around 6-7 hours. My colleague then got really mad at me and told me I was a baby and then told me to donate the money to charity.

LOL.

I can't wait to go to work tomorrow. Fucking amateurs.

can't go for a run when it's dark out cause the woods I go through are full of bats flying at eye level that are always half a second away of flying at full speed into your face. They also fly erratically like a fuckin butterfly... swallows are also a pain in the ass cause they fly at sound speed directly to your face but turn away at the last second, but at least they fly in a straight line and you see them coming... with bats you just can't tell and it makes me so anxious argh!!!!!!!!

so as a result of it getting dark at 18.30, bats, and it being christmas season i'm getting FAT

Hahaha... my colleagues keep surprising me.

So I was asked to produce a children's audiobook. My colleague asked me if I could some sound design as well. I told her, that I'm not hired to do sound design so I won't do it as an employee but she could hire me as a freelancer and I'd invoice her through my own company. She said, "ok!". I then received the script and had a look at how many sounds effects they wanted me to create. Every single sound effect was highlighted in the script so I just had a quick look and told her that it would take me about 4 hours and then told her how much that would cost. Everything was a-ok.

Two days later I started working on it but then noticed that the client had requested music as well which I hadn't been told about. Luckily, I have a fairly large backlog of music so I was able to finish some stuff and then use it for the audiobook. I then asked my colleague why they hadn't told me that the client had requested me to do music as well because if I had known the price I would have given would have been WAY different. As a matter of fact, I would have charged 10 times as much. She then told me, "but how was I supposed to know? I don't read the scripts".

But you're a fucking salesperson! You're supposed to know what the fuck you're selling to our voice talents and to your suppliers - me included!

Anyway, I finally finished the project and then told my colleague that I was going to invoice them. My colleague said, "Sure! You can charge us for 2 hours."

I then told him, "wait, I told the salesperson that it was going to take me 4 hours? And I even went up and beyond and made a bunch of music for free?". My colleague then responded that the salesperson couldn't find anything in her inbox about it taking 4 hours.

I then pretty much told them to fuck off and that they could have it for free because I can't be bothered to invoice anyone for two hours of work when it all in all has taken me around 6-7 hours. My colleague then got really mad at me and told me I was a baby and then told me to donate the money to charity.

LOL.

I can't wait to go to work tomorrow. Fucking amateurs.

I don't know how it works over there in happy Scandinavia land, but over here in Canuckistan, we generally send them an invoice beforehand, and any extra hours are the contractors responsibility. Payment of course is still due upon completion of the work, or as specified by contract.

So next time, invoice them first.

Then tell them to lick your fat sweaty balls when they try and pull shit like this.

Protip: make sure balls are fat and sweaty before telling them to lick said fat, sweaty balls

^^^some lulz on this page. :)

that's good.. my 1st world country is swirling up into a place w/3rd world-like fascist dictator frenzy on all fronts so i'm moderately drinking my way through it and dabling in renoise as a first world solution. 

I'm a sound design genius and everyone I work with is such a fucking idiot hahaha!

lol

But you're a fucking salesperson! You're supposed to know what the fuck you're selling 

This sounds way too familiar.

i'm moderately drinking my way through it and dabling in renoise as a first world solution. 

How do you like Renoise?

Protip: make sure balls are fat and sweaty before telling them to lick said fat, sweaty balls

how do you get fat balls? from eating more pussy? :emotawesomepm9:

Yes.

Had to sit thru a 2.5 hour annual meeting with the condo association, which would've been more bearable had a couple of individuals not instigated drama. There was one uptight dickhead who tried to engage in verbal (thankfully not physical) altercations twice, and then an older lady who requested that one of the board members be voted off because she claimed he was mean to her. She droned on for about half an hour before we heard that board member's side of the story, and he set the record straight. We then ultimately voted to keep him on board.

Really tempted to just submit the fucking proxy next year. Preferable to the $50 fine alternative anyway.

Yeah it was borderline torture to sit thru. Strongly considering going proxy for the next one.

'Nother FWP: Just had Oreos for the first time in ages, and I just don't find them that appealing anymore. They're like chocolate cardboard wafers dipped in liquid nitrogen with a dab of factory assembly line sugar poop sandwiched in between. Tastes change with age I guess.

I'm on day 6 or 7 of a brutal cold

Starting to get bummed out as it's really pulled the emergency break on my life

I feel you... I got 2 of those back to back in October. On the second one I was seriously just angry about the situation, which I think prolonged it. Good luck, feel better, and may the pho be with you.

I feel you... I got 2 of those back to back in October. On the second one I was seriously just angry about the situation, which I think prolonged it. Good luck, feel better, and may the pho be with you.

Thx dude...p.s. You mean 'pho' as in the Vietnamese noodle dish?

Thx dude...p.s. You mean 'pho' as in the Vietnamese noodle dish?

Absolutely. Garlic + herbs + fibrous veggies + chewy beef tendons + steamy salty broth always makes me feel a little better when my respiratory system is being a dick. 

yes pho is good.

also chicken soup, I.e. get a chicken and some veggies, cover with water, boil an hour. take out chicken, separate all the meat parts into small chunks, throw em back in.

also ginger. Just chop up an entire ginger root, let simmer in water for like 20 minutes. Squeeze lemon into that, add honey.