IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

My FWP: slept in until 2pm.

FWP2: i recorded a guitar bit for a client, then wasted an hour trying to force it to sound right via processing.  I knew pretty early on in that hour that I'd just recorded the wrong tone.  (I didn't charge him for that hour, and then recorded the bits just now with the pedal combo I should have used in the first place.  Sounds dope, only took 20 min.)

18 minutes ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

20% is pretty good for active listening.  I probably haven't heard 50% of the music I've downloaded yet.  So in answer to your question - I do nothing.

Fair, yeah maybe I'm thinking about things for no reason. I've got all this time on my hands lately I'm not used to.

So I guess just leave all the tunes and if I listen to them eventually then all good. lol

1 hour ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

I have too much music - I probably only listen to about 20% of it. Not sure if I should start deleting stuff or how to manage my playlists? Some if it I don't bother listening to now, what if I like it later? If I delete it, won't it be lost/I won't be able to stumble across and enjoy it someday?

Surely one of you have run into this issue before.  What did you do?

I listened to everything until october 2013

when aphex smacked me over the head

I only listen to

:aphexsign:

now

no other music sounds alive and true

to my ears/mind/self

Something I should've realized years ago and it only just donned on me a few seconds ago - I am a stupid first world problem.

Edited by ambergonk
  • Thanks 1

Watched Lord of the Rings Fellowship of the Ring last night. I'd seen them all before once through but thought I'd give them another chance. I don't understand the love people have for this movie. I mean the story is great, it's taken from one of the best if not the best fantasy novels ever written. I just thought it was REALLY bad ?.  Like this goddamn orchestrated music that comes on every battle:  everyone is swinging their sword around killing bad guys, there isn't even any suspense to it, you hear that music and you know the good guys are going to win. Little things that I was picking apart while watching it but I just couldn't help myself. I'd say half of it is really well done, the acting is good enough i guess, though the characters aren't that lovable, and little things like music sound effects hmmm it all just feels a bit sterile. I kept thinking: it needs more fantasy! , it needs to be more fantastic, creative, like the books. Maybe Peter Jackson did a good job filming and a lot of this stuff it suffered from was created while editing the film. I saw an interview with Kevin Smith where he said that the more money put into a movie, the more people are involved and the less creative control a director has of his movie. I'll give Peter Jackson the benefit of the doubt because LOTR is certainly a huge budget movie so that would make sense. SO all that said, I don't think i'm going to watch the next two movies any time soon!

Edited by yekker

A friend of mine got a girlfriend a couple of years ago. She seemed ok at first but she has turned out to be quite annoying. I'm not even sure I can describe what she's like, but I'll give it a try.
The last time they came over I made breakfast burritos and her response was, "I can only taste the lime?". She must have been allergic to lime because she went into labor shortly after. So yeah, they had a son and the first time my gf and I went to visit them, we brought presents - as you do. We bought him a tiny little knitted hat that was decorated with blue and purple knitted knots all over. Super cute. Her response was, "it's kinda girly, isn't it?". Most of the time when we're all hanging out, she doesn't say a word. Last time I visited them I asked them about the NYE and what they had had for dinner etc. My friend was busy preparing something so he asked her if she could explain what they had had, and her response was, "why don't you do it?" in this super fucking snarky way.

They've invited us over for dinner next Friday, and I just know that if she keeps this shit up I'm gonna end up saying something. But I don't know if I should? I'm not gonna tell her to fuck off or anything. Just a quick "that's not very nice". But again, I don't know if that's a thing you can do without destroying the entire evening.

Anyway, I am not looking forward to next Friday.

2 hours ago, Squee said:

A friend of mine got a girlfriend a couple of years ago. She seemed ok at first but she has turned out to be quite annoying. I'm not even sure I can describe what she's like, but I'll give it a try.
The last time they came over I made breakfast burritos and her response was, "I can only taste the lime?". She must have been allergic to lime because she went into labor shortly after. So yeah, they had a son and the first time my gf and I went to visit them, we brought presents - as you do. We bought him a tiny little knitted hat that was decorated with blue and purple knitted knots all over. Super cute. Her response was, "it's kinda girly, isn't it?". Most of the time when we're all hanging out, she doesn't say a word. Last time I visited them I asked them about the NYE and what they had had for dinner etc. My friend was busy preparing something so he asked her if she could explain what they had had, and her response was, "why don't you do it?" in this super fucking snarky way.

They've invited us over for dinner next Friday, and I just know that if she keeps this shit up I'm gonna end up saying something. But I don't know if I should? I'm not gonna tell her to fuck off or anything. Just a quick "that's not very nice". But again, I don't know if that's a thing you can do without destroying the entire evening.

tell her what you think next time she talks like that. ruining the evening is a certain result but you can't make an omelette without breaking eggs. don't take shit from the disrespectful.

• Like 1

I have similar woes. My best friend got his gf five years ago and they are joined at the hip. Never wants to hang out anymore, would rather be with her. I don't think she likes me either, that's could be the big reason... and she sounds kinda needy. Needless to say he's not my best friend anymore. 

19 hours ago, Schlitze said:

user, weren't you hooked on crack and methamphetamine for a few years, maybe your respiratory problems were nothing to do with the building

? Aye, regular dex/racemic amphetamines though, meth isn't really a thing here afaik. Admittedly I cranked my way through that move but I'd already curbed the crack for about a year or two by then and I was lucky enough to have stepped away from it with no visible lung damage. Crack is wack but I'm pretty confident this time the spores were to blame.    

• Like 1

Meth is annoying. I live in the city with the second highest Meth consumption in Europe (which of course fills my chest with pride) and lots of weed dealers offer you Meth as well which I think is a huge problem. Been to this guy to buy weed the other day and he hadn't slept for 3 days and was super aggressive in his tone and kept arguing with his girlfriend, normally completely relaxed people, but like that total assholes. You know drugs bad (especially bad drugs bad)

I wonder how many people Breaking Bad has influenced to try meth.  A show with that much popularity has surely piqued some curiosity in some people.

?

FWP: I've become more of a pointless thoughts/observations guy rather than a SFWP guy.  Not sure it's a change for the better.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova
  • Burger 1

37 minutes ago, darreichungsform said:

Meth is annoying. I live in the city with the second highest Meth consumption in Europe (which of course fills my chest with pride) and lots of weed dealers offer you Meth as well which I think is a huge problem. Been to this guy to buy weed the other day and he hadn't slept for 3 days and was super aggressive in his tone and kept arguing with his girlfriend, normally completely relaxed people, but like that total assholes. You know drugs bad (especially bad drugs bad)

Ugh, I Hope they don't lace the weed with meth. I'd be worried about that...

5 hours ago, Squee said:

Sounds like for whatever reason she's miserable/unhappy/depressed or maybe she doesn't like you?

If people I'm not so close to are being snarky I usually respond with mild sarcasm/irony but that's pretty passive aggressive, literally saying "that's not very nice" seems like an honest and well intended response to me in this scenario, and gives her the opportunity to maybe indicate what her problem is. I always dread the possible fall-out of speaking up but in the long run there's nothing worse than indifference or trying to keep the peace, speaking up/confronting someone shows you care. On the other hand some people are just cunts of course and sometimes it's better to smile and nod. Guess it all depends how important the people involved are to you and how taxing it is on you to not look forward seeing them and hoping things eventually improve.     

27 minutes ago, user said:

Sounds like for whatever reason she's miserable/unhappy/depressed or maybe she doesn't like you?

If people I'm not so close to are being snarky I usually respond with mild sarcasm/irony but that's pretty passive aggressive, literally saying "that's not very nice" seems like an honest and well intended response to me in this scenario, and gives her the opportunity to maybe indicate what her problem is. I always dread the possible fall-out of speaking up but in the long run there's nothing worse than indifference or trying to keep the peace, speaking up/confronting someone shows you care. On the other hand some people are just cunts of course and sometimes it's better to smile and nod. Guess it all depends how important the people involved are to you and how taxing it is on you to not look forward seeing them and hoping things eventually improve.     

That's the weird thing because when we or they leave she always gives us these long warm hugs. I've been thinking that maybe she's just insanely insecure and maybe shows it in these weird ways.
We'll see what happens.

On 2/15/2020 at 10:39 PM, user said:

Damn son, get that shit sorted out asap. If you're gonna do any cleaning get some quality respirators and wear gloves. I got really ill a few years ago while moving out of the building I was living in, got a bunch of mildew in my lungs and after a day they were so full of liquid I was constantly gasping for air and couldn't walk for more than 20 meters or so without having to pause to catch my breath. Ended up being prescribed an asthma inhaler and prednisone for a couple of weeks before getting back to normal.

I'd been living there for about 4-5 years and had regular allergy attacks and such for the duration but it wasn't until I cleared the place out that the exposure was serious enough to cause this reaction. 

Thanks man, appreciate it. I already have asthma as is, plus I'm allergic to mold, so yeah, I guess that's why I'm sort of procrastinating. I'm just overwhelmed. The thing is, we're renting the place, so I should prolly just talk to the owners, but as silly as it sounds, I'm sort of afraid of their reaction. :rtfm: Plus, my workload is crazy right now, so I tend to just focus on that and let everything else slide. But you're right, gotta get that shit sorted out. Sigh. 

On 2/16/2020 at 10:07 PM, darreichungsform said:

Update: My city is now ranked Nr. 1 in Meth consumption, yay

What happened,  did Johnny Depp move to Eastern Germany?

13 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Noticed tobasco stains on my Aphex Twin long sleeve shirt.  Only had it 2 weeks.  This is what I get for wearing anything that isn't black.

Is that tabasco or tobacco? Or is there some crazy new amalgamation of the two? That might a breakthrough for people trying to quit. Or for hipsters.

Stuff you can buy at a tobacco shop that sells by the ounce, stored in big glass jars with labels that say stuff like "gold shag" or "Dutch Blend" or whatever are craft tobacco. Been a thing since forever. Good for spliffs.