Guest KY

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Gotta love emotional entitlement.

Got too drunk the other day and have had a two day hangover. It's real silly, because I only got that drunk because I wanted to tell my girlfriend how much I care about her but was afraid she would get uncomfortable by it. Turns out she feels the same way, but I still have this goddamn hangover.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 8:25 AM, Squee said:

Then four hours later their friends showed up. These fucking bulked up guys with the dumbest and loudest voices ever. Every conversation they had from there on out was them shouting.

There are half a dozen or so people I work with who are exactly the same. They just shout at each other, and I mean shout, even if they are conversing with each other face to face they just shout at the top of their voice. They also laugh at the loudest their laugh will humanely go at each others jokes.

I can assure you, for somebody like myself who is very sensitive to the sounds around them, I would quite happily just pull a trigger and blow their heads off. One chap who works near them actually wears industrial grade ear defenders so he doesn't have to listen to the fucking wankers. Hahah. 

Nothing they ever say is of any interest. Just nonsensical, mundane, immature babble. They are just a bunch of cunts, and everybody thinks they are cunts. Deep down they know it, that's probably the reason why they act the way they do. 

Class A tools.

21 minutes ago, beer badger said:

There are half a dozen or so people I work with who are exactly the same. They just shout at each other, and I mean shout, even if they are conversing with each other face to face they just shout at the top of their voice. They also laugh at the loudest their laugh will humanely go at each others jokes.

I can assure you, for somebody like myself who is very sensitive to the sounds around them, I would quite happily just pull a trigger and blow their heads off. One chap who works near them actually wears industrial grade ear defenders so he doesn't have to listen to the fucking wankers. Hahah. 

Nothing they ever say is of any interest. Just nonsensical, mundane, immature babble. They are just a bunch of cunts, and everybody thinks they are cunts. Deep down they know it, that's probably the reason why they act the way they do. 

Class A tools.

I overheard a conversation today while I was out in my garden. The girl, my neighbor's daughter, said:
"Oh wow, the grass sure looks weird huh?"
The guy then replied:
"I think it's because of the moss..."
To which she replied:
"Moss?"

giphy.gif

52 minutes ago, Braintree said:

I only got that drunk because I wanted to tell my girlfriend how much I care about her but was afraid she would get uncomfortable by it. 

Quite possibly the most wholesome post on all of watmm :wub:

• Like 1

Of course the great distinction between your neighbours kids and the people who I work with is age. I'm talking about grown men in their 40's. 

Trust me, no doubt about it, if you met them you would see. They are just pathetic, but in their small minds they think they are like the alpha male of the kingdom.

But they are just weak. The big man of the bunch one day had such a meltdown, he had to be carried out by two blokes because he was discovered crying his eyes out in the corner. Pretty sure he spent time in hospital and had 6 months off. Didn't take too long before he was back, shouting his mouth off, chest pumping, laughing at his own jokes. Acting.

I've never, ever been taken in by people who shout the loudest, it's all fake. These people are never to be relied upon or trusted.

Edited by beer badger

Hahahaha! Sounds wonderful!

PS. these “kids” are in their 20s. 

Been getting my ass handed to me by a couple Scrabble opponents who I used to beat on the regular.  It hurts.

Every once in a while I kick myself for not buying rushup edge on vinyl. Should have would have could have

Edited by yekker

On my way back to Fatfuckistan. 

• Like 1

My password to get into the work system atm is Atfaz0liswithmybabe and while I usually have long passwords like this, this one is uniquely difficult to type and I get it wrong regularly.

37 minutes ago, yekker said:

Every once in a while I kick myself for not buying rushup edge on vinyl. Should have would have could have

I bought it when it came out and then lost it at someone elses house like a year later rip.

Yeah I would see it in HMV all the time when it'd just come out. But I was kinda done with aphex for a while so just grabbed it on CD. Fool.

In college, one of my roommates/suite-mates had Rushup Edge on vinyl... but no turntable. He just hanged it on the wall like a picture. Such a fucking loser with one of the most punchable faces of all time. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, yekker said:

i've sold so much stuff that i regret. rushup edge for example. 

but my vinyl collection is also getting a bit out of hand and is far too big. it's gotten to the point that i don't really enjoy buying new records anymore because it feels like i'm adding to the problem. so i need to downsize a lot.. and things like rushup edge sell for a lot of money! i've had to change my mind set a bit on my record collection and now regard it a bit more as a revolving door collection, where nothing is permanent and things may come and go. the idea of hanging onto the collection for my whole life feels me with too much dread. so it's fun selling stuff. 

i regret selling autechre stuff more than i regret selling aphex twin stuff. 

or, i can at least justify selling aphex twin stuff because of the price tags associated with them. 

6 minutes ago, Candiru said:

In college, one of my roommates/suite-mates had Rushup Edge on vinyl... but no turntable. He just hanged it on the wall like a picture. Such a fucking loser with one of the most punchable faces of all time. 

fuck that cunt

Yeah, the regret is not based in wanting to own rushup edge. It's based in I coulda flipped that motherfucker.

i did a rip of rushup edge and compared it to the digis and couldn't tell any differences. there was the "extra warmths" on account of it being pressed on vinyl, and it was no doubt a nice pressing. but i didn't notice a massive world of difference on that one. 

it *was* 45rpm tho and you could play it slow though, which is fun. why i didn't do a rip of it at 33rpm is a regret. lol

;-; 

Edited by bitchroast

made cuban black beans and rice.  rice a solid A.  beans a C on my gringo scale. now i have big pot of meiocre black beans to work into recipes all week.

• Sad 1

The family cat at my parent's place has started shitting on their kitchen floor. This is not going to fly with them.

Weighed myself this morning. But my weight is unchanged from a month ago, despite having done two 6-day gym streaks in a row in the last two weeks. Ugh.

And this was after I'd shed 6 lbs (nearly 3 kilos) in the month of June. wtf

39 minutes ago, ambergonk said:

Weighed myself this morning. But my weight is unchanged from a month ago, despite having done two 6-day gym streaks in a row in the last two weeks. Ugh.

And this was after I'd shed 6 lbs (nearly 3 kilos) in the month of June. wtf

maybe you gained muscle? 

weightloss is something like 80% diet 20% exercise. i learned that right here on watmm

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ignatius said:

maybe you gained muscle? 

weightloss is something like 80% diet 20% exercise. i learned that right here on watmm

That's what I'm hoping, but I suspect there's room for improvement in my diet. Probably need to cut back on beer and peanut butter consumption.

Wouldn't be the first time I hit a road block like this tho

are you carefully counting your calories op?

Not to derail the thread or split unnecessary hairs, but the conventional 80%/20% thing is a little misleading.

Most of what you get from exercise is that it suppresses hunger and also burns calories while you're at rest. You don't really burn that many calories when you work out (you wouldn't want to if you were wandering around the plains of Africa, chasing gazelle to death all day). There have also been studies that show you make better choices for your diet when you exercise. You will generally have a higher success rate for weight loss if you exercise vs. only changing your diet. So definitely keep it up, but you will also need to change your diet if you want to make a larger dent.