IGNORED

stupid first world problems you're dealing with

Guest KY

There’s a dude on speakerphone cueing in front of my shop, i feel I can’t say anything yet until he’s actually inside. But I still have to suffer the annoyance of being forced to listen to his tinny sounding friend. 

I decided to weigh myself after not having done it for the last 1.5 years. I guess I'll go without food for a month or two now :shrug:

1 hour ago, zkom said:

I decided to weigh myself after not having done it for the last 1.5 years. I guess I'll go without food for a month or two now :shrug:

Don't be anorexic, u thicc boi.

34 minutes ago, yekker said:

Don't be anorexic, u thicc boi.

TBH, last time I got weighed it was in a hospital because I had been having fever and diarrhea for weeks due to some mysterious disease and I had lost 5-7kg. Now I've just mostly gained that back and a bit of extra..

today begins what the weather service is calling an "extreme weather event" in the PNW. Once 50 year event. 4-60-mph winds beginning around 5pm. extreme fire risk all over northwest oregon. burn ban, don't mow your lawn, don't BBQ, don't park your hot car on grass etc.. because of the fire risk. 

it's a holiday so of course people will ignore it and do all those things and probably light off fireworks. 

there's a massive cedar tree in my yard and i expect so limbs will break off. i have it trimmed for hazards etc every year and had that done a couple months ago so hopefully it will not scatter branches all over the place. if the tree somehow blows over and lands on a house it'll destroy that house. i'm not so concerned with this happening because the tree is healthy and massive with a root system to match.. also previous winter storms haven't phased it. It's survived similar wind speeds w/o any trouble. a little nerve wracking though.  

we've had some storms but usually in the winter and they usually last a night for a few hours. 

Also, a client of mine continues to have outrageously terrible events occur in his life, none of which are Covid related.  I've never known someone to experience so many tragic events in such a short span of time.

But it has nothing going at release that I can't already play on my Xbox one X or PS4, and my backlog of games I have still to play is ridiculous.

Optimally I should stop gaming and binging films & TV, and get back to making music again, but it's oh so relaxing and comfortable to melt on a couch after a long day of Microsoft officeing and dealing with idiot clients through work. Spending more hours "working" on music is just not happening anymore.

Pls help

No, don't do it! (Said the little guy on the other shoulder.) What you wanna do is aim for that sweet spot when developers have figured out how to get the best out of the hardware, graphics are much better than at the beginning, and at the same time, price has already come down considerably. And when you finally buy it, you'll have a plethora of games to choose from.

See you in 2023!

Edited by IDEM

39 minutes ago, ignatius said:

Internet is down from high winds. Send thoughts and prayers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"and on the 5th day, god created internet repairmen. angellic beings sent from the heavens to restore outages, so human beings can continue wasting time online."

• Like 1

Bought a pedal and a cable. DHL sends an email message: "we expect to be able to drop off your package in your mailbox". "Yeah, right", I think.

Turns out Bax forgot to ship the pedal.

9 hours ago, yekker said:

Goddamn, keep leaving my data on when browsing videos on my phone

:catsuicide:

that probably doesn't mean as much to people outside Canada, who have no idea how shitty the cell phone plan choices are. when I lived there I hated being stuck choosing between Bell / Telus / Rogers and their offshoots. that and any time I you use your phone in the US, it is mind bogglingly expensive.

Edited by zero
  • Like 1

we've had hot east winds blowing the smoke out to the ocean and igniting fires. it's smokey here. the winds will change tonight and come from the west blowing all the smoke that's out over the coast and over the ocean back over us and to the east. 

eventually this means we'll have blue skies again but not until sunday or monday probably. things will improve saturday probably. 

house is closed up tight and i'm hunkering down. shit sucks. but could be worse. could be actually under evacuation warnings or something. 

2 hours ago, zero said:

that probably doesn't mean as much to people outside Canada, who have no idea how shitty the cell phone plan choices are. when I lived there I hated being stuck choosing between Bell / Telus / Rogers and their offshoots. that and any time I you use your phone in the US, it is mind bogglingly expensive.

Yeh, they're terrible here. No real loyalty rewards or anything. I've been with Rogers now since I was maybe... 13 or 14? (had a pay as you go razr back in the day lol). And I still have to pay $165 a month for my 2 phones.

When are they going to make unlimited data the norm? I mean maybe that is a thing but I don't have it. Would your service provider lose money in doing that? Home internet has that option.

7 minutes ago, yekker said:

My friend seems to think if I leave my Wi-Fi on on my phone that the data will turn off when Wi-Fi is available. Is this bullshit?

Nope he’s right, that’s how it works. If you have wifi bars on it’s using wifi not data, like my screenshot here to the right of the Rogers thing top left. 

2D83F629-644F-4368-8C7F-3E4BD3BABEAC.png

Wifi automatically supersedes data use.