IGNORED

Scintilli - Reactions

Guest ruiagnelo

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking forward to belting out the vinyl when it arrives. And although I've not rinsed this album too much so far thanks to work, when I have put it on it's gotten better each time. I've grown to like the guitar and vocal bits, so yeah, it's the new Plaid album and thank fuck for that.

Looking forward to belting out the vinyl when it arrives. And although I've not rinsed this album too much so far thanks to work, when I have put it on it's gotten better each time. I've grown to like the guitar and vocal bits, so yeah, it's the new Plaid album and thank fuck for that.

di-fucking-toe! ( :sorcerer: ) come! on! ........bring on the vinyl, the tour and the new EP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *dance*

Battered this album tonight, battered it. I've come to the conclusion it's great.

... you can go back to bickering like bitches now.

we, the regularlar's, are fine. there's no problem there. it's all the 'outsiders' coming in and being bitches, that's causing the problems.

but anyway they'll be gone soon, until the EP comes out next year. lol

My "pointless object" arrived this morning too. :)

I don't normally like to complain about stuff like this, but the quality of the printing of the oversized slipcase is very poor. Blotchy, dull and looks rather cheap, though of course it didn't really cost a great deal more than a regular CD would. Doesn't do the brightly coloured digital artwork we've seen any justice at all.

Nice to see that it is printed on the inside as well though.

Like the printing. Like the letter style/text/art/colours. Like the 'useless thing', which gives the CD another use/purpose and is clever the way the track names come together, so isn't really useless at all - i now have a Scintilli based ornamental object made out of my pointless CD. Like the name "muda na mono".

Love the brand new vinyl - forever, infinitely so much fucking better than the free MP3 dwnld, (of course).

Love 'Outside Orange'.

Outside Orange is an awesome track... and it actually flows very nicely with the album. A couple weeks ago I thought Scintilli wouldn't stay fresh for too long, but I gotta say it's still on heavy rotation and I'm loving it (perhaps even more so)!

A couple weeks ago I thought Scintilli wouldn't stay fresh for too long, but I gotta say it's still on heavy rotation and I'm loving it (perhaps even more so)!

That's exactly what I thought. And now I genuinely think it's one of my favourite Plaid releases of all time. The more you listen to it, the more you can hear just how carefully crafted every single element of each track really is. What a cynic I was. :)

A couple weeks ago I thought Scintilli wouldn't stay fresh for too long, but I gotta say it's still on heavy rotation and I'm loving it (perhaps even more so)!

That's exactly what I thought. And now I genuinely think it's one of my favourite Plaid releases of all time. The more you listen to it, the more you can hear just how carefully crafted every single element of each track really is. What a cynic I was. :)

+ 1.

+ 1.

+ 1 (with 885 subscribers, hehe)

btw, this was what Andy had wrote to me, about this album, that it was made in a way that it would keep raising interest and would hopefully lust! (at last)

+20 years of music making, it s not a joke i tell you ;)

and one more fact,,, as one of them said in a recent interview, most of the tracks on Scintilli are quite OK to demontage?? and form different things with (at live performances)...so maybe they calculated this too, even,, tracks that are more convenient to modify!! im so much looking forward to these versions already :)

This. There's far more to it than I initially thought.

+ 1.

+ 1 (with 885 subscribers, hehe)

btw, this was what Andy had wrote to me, about this album, that it was made in a way that it would keep raising interest and would hopefully lust! (at last)

+20 years of music making, it s not a joke i tell you ;)

and one more fact,,, as one of them said in a recent interview, most of the tracks on Scintilli are quite OK to demontage?? and form different things with (at live performances)...so maybe they calculated this too, even,, tracks that are more convenient to modify!! im so much looking forward to these versions already :)

+1

small sparks make large fires :)

Zole, so has everyone done a complete 180 with this?

I haven't listened to it in about a week. Might give it another spin on the weekend. I hope I can find the vinyl version in a store somewhere. Also WHERE'S MY FUCKING TSHIRT?!

The shirts were not quite the right shade of fabric.

AAAARGH

Zole, so has everyone done a complete 180 with this?

i still like what i liked in the first place and don't so much like what i didn't like much in the first place.

but, i've come to really like 'Missing'.. still have a hard time enduring 'Unbank', tho don't mind it as much as when i first heard it.

i'm enjoying 'At Last', more. didn't get what the fuss was about at first, but now i see, more.

still think some of the tracks are a little on the short side... but i'd probably have complained it they looped the end of every song for another 2 mins, too. lol. so........... there's no pleasing me 100%, all of the time. depends what mood i'm in.

but i'm liking the whole album more the more i listen to it, personally, yeah. i 'get it' much more now, and as a whole album it all makes a lot more sense now, especially after reading all the recent interviews with Plaid, we all have more insight/information into it all...

btw, wtf does "zole" mean?

Zole means whatever you want it to mean! Mostly an extended lol.

Giving it another play now. Eye Robot is pretty excellent. Definitely reminds me of something from Ghosts I-IV..

WHERE'S MY FUCKING TSHIRT?!

one can now purchase a Scintilli T, separately from the LP-T format, via Bleep.

i'm in!

Zole means whatever you want it to mean! Mostly an extended lol.

oh. ok... zollllllllle !

edit: and yes, everybody's done a complete 180... but i've actually done a 90, and then another 90, then a 45. then a 22.5, and i'm staying here. :)

Just got it in the mail yesterday and ive listened to it about 2 times so far.

I must say, I really enjoy it. No idea why some people didn't like them, but I didn't really have any expectations. Good music all around, albeit nothing groundbreaking.

Had my copy come in the post today - what a quality piece of audio and visual art.... sounds even better on wax!

It's a bonus unbank being at the start of the b-side.. means i can bypass the track altogether :ok:

Archived