IGNORED

Scintilli - Reactions

Guest ruiagnelo

• Replies 399
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's says on amazon the vinyl format is limited to 400 copies in the UK.. if this is correct, i didn't know so few were being pressed.

http://www.amazon.co...d/dp/B005G10E1S

no mate, that's just probably all amazon has to sell. everywhere can only get, or decide to only get, a certain amount to sell.

there's no way there was only 400 manufactured in the whole of the UK, imo

Guest likwid
What’s the reaction been to ‘Scintili’ so far?

We've had some great feedback. Nothing negative from the public, a few bitchy reviews from the press, but people have written saying they didn't like it at first but that it's grown to be their favorite from us.

That's a good sign as far as we're concerned, I doubt anyone has listened to it more than us and we're still into it.

source

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone else noticed that the Plaid logo is upside down on the back of the t-shirt? :facepalm:

Yes, what a mistake and i went to have a look at the picture on bleep and now they only show the front side of the tshirt.

Has anyone else noticed that the Plaid logo is upside down on the back of the t-shirt? :facepalm:

Yes, what a mistake and i went to have a look at the picture on bleep and now they only show the front side of the tshirt.

yep. same here. they also sent me the wrong size. the wrongen's!

:facepalm:

Guest melanie

wow, lots of strong reactions to this album. i'll admit, i haven't the patience to read every post right now, but i will later.

my thoughts: at first i thought "oh no, what have they done?" but after maybe 3 or 4 listens, i'm addicted. i hear Rest Proof Clockwork, Tekkon, Heaven's Door (agree that both soundtracks are phenomenal and essential), and wholly new wonderousness as well!!

if you want it to be angry, it's angry. if you want it to be soothing, it can be soothing. if you want it to be joyful, it can be joyful. now if the tracks were just maybe twice as long.... LOL!

It's funny because I got an immediate Doctor Who feeling off of "Unbank".

Ah glad it wasn't just me ! Not that the topic search function helped: " No results found for 'who'. "

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally got Scintilli and contrary to most loved it on first spin. After 3 listens I'm really pleased with the album. Missing and Thank are great but At Last simply blows me away, what a closer.

Honestly I already think it's probably better than Rest Proof Clockwork (for me easily the weakest Plaid album to date). Whether it will ever rival Double Figure or Spokes in my affections is another matter.

OK, the shortness of the album is disappointing. Another 20 minutes of material of this strength would be great. Anyway look on the bright side, it may only be 48 mins but it's 48 mins of top quality progressive electronic music.

Well done guys, but please, don't leave it quite so long next time eh?

"Rest Proof Clockwork (for me easily the weakest Plaid album to date)"

Don't agree... Rest Proof Clockwork is an absolute classic! Not one bad track on RPC... has everything!!!

i think with rest proof, you either get it or you don't. i can see why some people wouldn't like it, in places...

it's an aquired taste, a bit like caviare. it's fucking rich (in a good way). :)

^ Don't get me wrong, I do like RPC a lot, just not as much as the others. All the albums are great, varying degrees of greatness I suppose.

I think Double Figure is the best though. What an album that is, staggeringly good.

my fav. Plaid album is still 'Not for Three's'. i don't know which album i'd put in 2nd place, tho, because they all have great moments on and i like them all for different reasons/vibes/memories. maybe Spokes, 2nd. with RPCW and DF in joint 3rd. :)

fav. Plaid EP i think would have to be P-Brane, very VERY closely followed by Booc and Undoneson in joint 2nd place.

not sure where Scintilli and the new forthcoming EP fit in in my mind yet...

Think my favourite Plaid album is still RPC, love the variation of styles and sounds.. brings back fond memories too. Double Figure is staggeringly good, always thought DF was Plaid's more darker album.

With sirch on the EP front = P-Brane, Booc and Undoneson.

Scintilli has just got better with every listen and is still revealing it’s self to me.

Guest melanie

Scintilli has just got better with every listen and is still revealing it’s self to me.

Agreed.

right now, my fav plaid album is Heaven's Door. EP= P-Brane for sure!!!!!!!!!!!! my god it's so .... indescribably wonderful.

Haven't gotten a good chance to give Scintilli a proper listen. Maybe tomorrow night will be my chance and I'll finally have some impressions. I got my tickets for the Austin show on the 16th. I haven't listened to any of the live recordings from their recent gigs yet in hopes of not spoiling anything.

And P-Brane is a great EP especially Stills and Coat, but for me Undoneson is #1. Spudink and Undoneson are probably two of my favorite songs under the Plaid moniker. The bassline on Spudink is fantastic (easily one of their best) to go with their wonderful melodies and 808. And Undoneson sounds like it could be an old Balil track (reworked or otherwise). I'm not sure what drum machine was used for the track (maybe their Linn?), but it definitely reminds me of Choke and Fly.

oh man, sorry im late to this party...

i saw them live and i was PISSED how short the album versions are....so different

The extended version of "Eye Robot" was mindblowing...definitely the highlight of the set for me....it was like if Autechre had continued with Tri Repete-era stuff

There was this gorgeous track with cascading harps..sounded like a Bjork instrumental.

but yea...pissed that they didnt have an 11min version of Eye Robot on the album.

Archived