IGNORED

2 New Aphex Twin Songs to Debut at European Culture Congress 10th Sept

Cheeez

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Q: You were one of the first techno producers being interpreted by symphony orchestra: London Sinfonietta or Alarm Will Sound. What do you think about these interpretations?

A: Some of them are quite good.

quite good.

quite good.

quite good.

lol

This Saturday - 10th September 2011 - Tickets/Info

European Culture Congress, Wroclaw - Centennial Hall

Penderecki, Aphex Twin and Greenwood

Aphex Twin will perform as part of the European Culture Congress in Wroclaw alongside Jonny Greenwood, guitarist from Radiohead and the composer Krzysztof Penderecki. Aphex Twin will perform his reworkings of Penderecki's “Polymorphia” and "Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima” , this will be the world premiere of both compositions.

• Krzysztof Penderecki “Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima” (1960–61)
  • Aphex Twin "Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima remix” (2011, world premiere)
  • Krzysztof Penderecki „Canon for Strings” (1962)
  • Aphex Twin "AFX set”
  • Krzysztof Penderecki „Polymorphia” (1961)
  • Aphex Twin "Polymorphia Reloaded” (2011, world premiere)

The concert will be held in the Electrolytic Tinning Plant of ArcelorMittal Poland in Kraków and will be broadcast live on Polish Radio 2, as will all of the Reich programs in the festival. For more information on the broadcast and to listen in live online at 7:30 PM local time, go to polskieradio.pl.

------------------ Aphex will be a part of the Greenwood performance, for eh love of techno, someone MUST record the stream!!! I will be out of town!@# FUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

exciting !!

This better not be like when metallica decided to set their stuff to strings and then just used the whole orchestra to play basic powerchords. Many crossovers have failed is what i'm saying. But we'll see how this goes. I mean it's phex'ee fer fuks saek. Should be right.

This Saturday - 10th September 2011 - Tickets/Info

European Culture Congress, Wroclaw - Centennial Hall

Penderecki, Aphex Twin and Greenwood

Aphex Twin will perform as part of the European Culture Congress in Wroclaw alongside Jonny Greenwood, guitarist from Radiohead and the composer Krzysztof Penderecki. Aphex Twin will perform his reworkings of Penderecki's “Polymorphia” and "Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima” , this will be the world premiere of both compositions.

• Krzysztof Penderecki “Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima” (1960–61)
  • Aphex Twin "Threnody for the Victims of Hiroshima remix” (2011, world premiere)
  • Krzysztof Penderecki „Canon for Strings” (1962)
  • Aphex Twin "AFX set”
  • Krzysztof Penderecki „Polymorphia” (1961)
  • Aphex Twin "Polymorphia Reloaded” (2011, world premiere)

The concert will be held in the Electrolytic Tinning Plant of ArcelorMittal Poland in Kraków and will be broadcast live on Polish Radio 2, as will all of the Reich programs in the festival. For more information on the broadcast and to listen in live online at 7:30 PM local time, go to polskieradio.pl.

------------------ Aphex will be a part of the Greenwood performance, for eh love of techno, someone MUST record the stream!!! I will be out of town!@# FUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Is there a way to know WHEN rdj will be playing

I want to record his segment but I don't feel like:

a) Recording the entire like 4 hour show

b) Sitting and waiting for the exact second he comes on then missing the first 20 seconds of his stuff

Oh my fucking good lord dong shitter... just imagine Richard D. James standing in front of an orchestra... OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG... I FEEL WET I FEEL WET I FEEL WET....

Maybe they will post a fragment of it here:

http://www.culturecongress.eu/en/videoblog

I really, really, REALLY, hope so.

What's the deal between electronic musicians and Penderecki ?

SebastiAn already recorded his version of Threnody...I'm curious about the RDJ's one.

(pretty long but IMO wonderful).

Guest AnEagleInYourMind

I cant find the link for the live stream...any help?

I will record this if I can. I only have, uh, audacity. and Ableton. And 8.5 gigs of space. Should I do this? any help?

When is the live stream?

Apparently it was supposed to happen at 7:30 local time (19:30) on Sept. 10 which is in about 19 minutes, but now there is a program on the live radio stream that says it will end at 20:20

EDIT: Oops guess I didn't refresh this thread soon enough.

Then on the website I see:

Od 8 do 11 września odbędzie się we Wrocławiu jedno z najważniejszych wydarzeń Krajowego Programu Kulturalnego Polskiej Prezydencji. Dwójka zaprasza na relacje z Kongresu i rozmowy z jego uczestnikami.

Not quite sure what that means but I see the number 8 and 11 in it, near the estimated times of when it will start. Does it actually start at 20:00 local time?

I think something is wrong here =x

It's playing "Wieczor ze shuchowiskiem" which is 80:00 minutes long. Do I have the wrong radio?

Then on the website I see:

Od 8 do 11 września odbędzie się we Wrocławiu jedno z najważniejszych wydarzeń Krajowego Programu Kulturalnego Polskiej Prezydencji. Dwójka zaprasza na relacje z Kongresu i rozmowy z jego uczestnikami.

Not quite sure what that means but I see the number 8 and 11 in it, near the estimated times of when it will start. Does it actually start at 20:00 local time?

That roughly translates to (according to Google translate):

From 8 to 11 September will be held in Wroclaw, one of the highlights of the National Programme for Polish Cultural Presidency. Two invites to the relationship with Congress and interviews with participants.

Archived