IGNORED

Harshest Musician-on-Musician Insults in History

tontonz1

Some of these are pretty good, thought I'd share with teh watmmers. Maybe if anyone can find anymore of these?

30. Wayne Coyne on Arcade Fire

“I get really tired of their pompousness [sic]… We’ve played some shows with them and they really treat people like shit. People treat Arcade Fire like they’re the greatest thing ever and they get away with it… They have good tunes, but they’re pricks, so fuck ‘em.”

29. Christina Aguilera on Lady Gaga

“I’m not quite sure who this person is, to be honest. I don’t know if it is a man or a woman.”

28. David Lee Roth on Elvis Costello

“Music journalists like Elvis Costello because music journalists look like Elvis Costello.”

27. Lily Allen on Cheryl Cole

“Taking your clothes off, doing sexy dancing and marrying a rich footballer must be very gratifying. Your mother must be so proud. Stupid bitch.”

26. Trent Reznor on Marilyn Manson

“A malicious guy [who] will step on anybody’s face to succeed, and cross any line of decency.”

25. Mark E Smith on Mumford & Sons

“There was this other group warming up … and they were terrible. I said, ‘Shut them cunts up!’ And they were still warming up, so I threw a bottle at them … I just thought they were a load of retarded Irish folk singers.”

24. Courtney Love on Dave Grohl

“As for that drummer, well, he’s hit on me so many times. He’s just a very very conflicted guy about me, which is why he continually writes songs about me to hear he ‘hates’ me more than ‘anyone else.’ Kurt loathed HIM more than anyone else (except a journalist) … He’s just sub-mediocre kind of [guy] who does this ‘nice guy’ nonsense.”

23. Dave Grohl on Courtney Love

“She’s an ugly fucking bitch.”

22. Kathleen Hanna on Courtney Love

“Where’s the baby? In the closet with an IV?”

21. Paul Weller on Freddie Mercury

“He said he wanted to bring ballet to the working classes. What a cunt.”

20. Richey Edwards on The Levellers

“You could go to any Levellers concert and stand in the middle and shout, ‘Jeremy!’, and 75% of the audience would turn round.”

19. Kurt Cobain on Guns N’ Roses

“They’re really talentless people, and they write crap music, and they’re the most popular rock band on the earth right now. I can’t believe it.”

18. Nick Cave on Red Hot Chili Peppers

“I’m forever near a stereo saying, ‘What the fuck is this garbage?’ And the answer is always the Red Hot Chili Peppers.”

17. Noel Gallagher on Kaiser Chiefs

“They play dress-up and sit on top of an apex of meaninglessness. They don’t mean anything to anybody apart from their fucking ugly girlfriends.”

16. Alan McGee on Coldplay

“Coldplay are the dictionary definition of corporate rock. The singer is about as weird as Phil Collins. They are career rock personified. EMI should’ve signed Otis The Aadvark instead. At least he only sucks his thumb rather than corporate cock.”

15. Elvis Costello on Morrissey

“Morrissey writes wonderful song titles, but sadly he often forgets to write the song.”

14. Noel Gallagher on Jack White

“He looks like Zorro on doughnuts.”

13. Rick James on Prince

“A little short ego-ed fucker who I had a feeling didn’t like people of his own race and wanted to be white and taller.”

12. Mark “E” Everett on The Beatles

“John Lennon sings about peace because he’s a woman-beater. Hippies are so full of shit.”

11. Richey Edwards on Slowdive

“We hate Slowdive more than we hate Hitler.”

10. Ian Brown on Bono

“He’s such a fake, isn’t he? When he did Live Aid, which made them a worldwide group … he looked out and [saw] that black girl in the middle of all them people, and she’s from Hackney or something, and he was like, ‘Here’s a great shot for me around the world to show I’m Mr Africa.’ It’s like colonialist times with a big white hat.”

9. Robert Smith on Morrissey

“If Morrissey says not to eat meat, then I’ll eat meat — that’s how much I hate Morrissey.”

8. Morrissey on Bob Geldof

“Bob Geldof is a nauseating character. Band Aid was the most self-righteous platform ever in the history of popular music.”

7. Elton John on Madonna

“Anyone who lip-synchs in public on stage when you pay £75 to see them should be shot.”

6. Boy George on Madonna

“A vile, hideous human being with no redeeming qualities.”

5. Boy George on Elton John

“All that money, and he’s still got hair like a fucking dinner lady.”

4. Elton John on Keith Richards

“It’s like a monkey with arthritis, trying to go onstage and look young.”

3. Morrissey on Brett Anderson

“He’ll never forgive God for not making him Angie Bowie.”

2. Anton Newcombe on Eric Clapton

“People talk about Eric Clapton. What has he ever done except throw his baby off a fuckin’ ledge and write a song about it?”

1. Tupac on The Notorious BIG

All of “Hit ‘Em Up,” really, but particularly this: “I fucked your bitch, you fat motherfucker.”

Taken from http://flavorwire.com/200333/the-30-harshest-musician-on-musician-insults-in-history

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14. Noel Gallagher on Jack White

“He looks like Zorro on doughnuts.”

lol

basically you could fill the whole thread with gallagher bros insults.

some inter-idm world insults would be great of course.

steve albinis rip on odd future was pretty classic

I am well aware, thanks, that good people can make ugly art and that ugly people can make good art. Ultimately the function of art is to express something and move an idea from one person to another, and the tools of that can include revulsion and discomfort. Having been in a few bands myself, thanks, I know that the uninitiated can mistake these devices as windows into the soul of the creator. Ultimately they are, of course, but not necessarily in the crude autobiographical way they are often interpreted.

I know all that, so I am never quick to judge a person based on a superficial reading of creative output. Peter Sotos is a lovely fellow whom I trust implicitly, despite his writing evoking a truly primal disgust in me, to use another rapey example. Michael Gerald from Killdozer said it best in an interview, when the journalist remarked that he seemed like a nice fellow, which was unexpected given that the characters in his songs are often repellent. "Oh, that's not us," he said, "that's the crazy people we sing about." In that light, I am one hundred percent behind Odd Future's right to rap about what they wanna rap about, and if she don't like it fuck her.

And also fuck me. It's none of my business what they wanna. I'm not part of the audience for hip hop, and as a non-dilettante I don't generally respond to it when I hear it, so I can't make any critical assessment of Odd Future's music on its own terms, but they go out of their way to make it clear that this is not a case of regular people making music about assholes, but assholes making music about being assholes. I have no time for that. I don't respond kindly to it when Ted Nugent does it either.

If the whole thing is a put-on, a bit of Vincent Gallo life-as-theater for the benefit of whoever happens to be sitting next to them, that's no excuse. It's being an asshole about being an asshole.

and later (from the guardian)-

[Odd Future] piled on to the shuttle late, after finally getting corralled by their minder," Albini wrote on his studio message board. "They piled in, niggering everything in sight, motherfucking the driver, boasting into the air unbidden about getting their dicks sucked and calling everyone in the area a faggot." During the 40-minute ride, the rappers and their entourage allegedly heckled the driver, harassed passengers, and demanded to be taken to McDonalds.

Although Albini said he is "not in the audience for hip-hop", he defended Odd Future's "right to rap about what they wanna rap about". "I am never quick to judge a person based on a superficial reading of creative output," he wrote. But in this case, he said, it didn't seem like an issue of art or self-expression. "It's being an asshole about being an asshole."

"Interspersed with the McDonalds requests were shouted boasts about how often they masturbated and fucked bitches nigger and got paid like a motherfucker fifty grand like a motherfucker," Albini continued. "If the whole thing is a put-on, a bit of Vincent Gallo life-as-theatre for the benefit of whoever happens to be sitting next to them, that's no excuse ... I am quite happy none of them engaged me directly, because at least one of us would have regretted it."

i like some of odd futures stuff but he makes some good points here. kids or not, assholes are assholes.

“As for that drummer, well, he’s hit on me so many times. He’s just a very very conflicted guy about me, which is why he continually writes songs about me to hear he ‘hates’ me more than ‘anyone else.’ Kurt loathed HIM more than anyone else (except a journalist) … He’s just sub-mediocre kind of [guy] who does this ‘nice guy’ nonsense.”

OK that was awesome. I cringe every time I'm exposed to this guy and his vanilla middlebrow pop rock band for clueless teenagers, he's a disgrace to everything Nirvana represented.

OK that was awesome. I cringe every time I'm exposed to this guy and his vanilla middlebrow pop rock band for clueless teenagers, he's a disgrace to everything Nirvana represented.

i cant remember where i saw it, but theres this one video where he breaks down writing a successful pop tune and its completely spot on. no doubt a slight dig at himself as well as other artists. the most prominent rule i can remember was "make your chorus a bumper sticker" or something like that, and i immediately though of their track 'learn to fly.' anyhow, i wish i could find the video..

i cant remember where i saw it, but theres this one video where he breaks down writing a successful pop tune and its completely spot on. no doubt a slight dig at himself as well as other artists. the most prominent rule i can remember was "make your chorus a bumper sticker" or something like that, and i immediately though of their track 'learn to fly.' anyhow, i wish i could find the video..

how does that have 242 views lol

25. Mark E Smith on Mumford & Sons

“There was this other group warming up … and they were terrible. I said, ‘Shut them cunts up!’ And they were still warming up, so I threw a bottle at them … I just thought they were a load of retarded Irish folk singers.”

This is pure brilliance, thanks Mark :)

awesome thread dude, eagerly waiting for more, all with a slight anger that i can't remember anything beside that rusko-deadmaus brawl

later edit: and zomby threatening roska to come in his backyard and shoot him

(not really insults eh)

Guest dese manz hatin

Goldie comes to mind...beating up Redeyes (throwing him down some stairs, kicking him while he's on the ground) backstage because he did a bootleg remix of Inner City Life.

Classy m8 :sup:

Guest analogue wings

"Yeah, nothing changes in America," snarls Jim. "You know that in ten years' time Kiss are still gonna be in the US charts. They'll be hobbling around on crutches with wheelbarrows carrying their bellies, and they'll still be trying to rock out!"

Jim Reid, 1992

"Just a fat, horrible, useless, cunt"

Robert Smith on Lol Tolhurst

"If you explain [reggae] to a [non-Jamaican] musician, dem know it, but dem cyaan dweet"

Bob Marley dissing every non Jamaican "reggae" act to suck his cock in the last 30 years

Guest Coalbucket PI

I like the Paul Weller on Freddy Mercury one. Pithy.

also would like to add this Morrissey one:

"If George Michael had to live my life for five minutes, he'd strangle himself with the nearest piece of cord,"

Archived