IGNORED

Skrillex - Discuss, Debate, Praise, Hate

YEK

Guest Helper ET

im happy for the guy. besides, its nice to have some decent electronic music get some attention for once. slowly people are accepting music made with synthesizers and that is cool

skrillex has some awesome tunes anyway. do any of you frustrated, self loathing skrillex haters even know why you dont like this? get over yourself, skrillex is kinda cool. i saw him at a festival earlier this year and that shit dubstepped pretty hard

but i digress

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I imagine Lil Wayne presenting the award then Skrillex's acceptance speech going like :"Wow I'm so happy to be here, first off I'd like to thank my *SKKKREEEEEEEEEEE WAAAAAAAHHH ERRR WOBWOBWOBWOBWOBWOB BRAAAAH GAAAAAAAK... SKREEEEEE WAAAAAAAAH WAAOOOOO WAOOOOOH BRAAAAAAAH WOBWOBWOB WAAHWAAAAH* "I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!" ERRRRROOOOOWAAAAAHH SKREEEEE WOBWOB WAAAAAH* "THANK YOU SO MUCH! SKREEEEEE WAAAH BRUBRUB WOBWOBWOB BRUBRUB ERRRRR WAAAAHHH SKREEEE WAHWAH WOBWOBWOBWOBWOB" *Spazzes of stage*

tumblr_luhh7zss8L1qmfr6mo1_400.gif

lol i was reading some of the comments from skrillex fb page and shit, and found a fucking bunch of hipsters saying: "Leave RDJ alone" or "s a long-time Aphex fan, I recommend other songs of his like "On The Romance Trip", "Green Calx", and my personal favorite, "Windowlicker", as well as this one. He never fails to please, with all of his work! The best D'n'B roots." LOOOOOOLLL bunch of hipsters really... Also, in the Flim video: "who came becuz of skrillex! xD *raises hand*" wtf, with 142 thumbs up... yo Skrillex is the cancer killing electronic music dog!

So, the guy may just be a poster-boy who has no input on the tracks he puts his name/face to, big deal, it is not the first time and wont be the last. What i find to be hilarious here though is that he is getting bashed for doing the very thing the IDM community invented, sitting in front of a laptop, pressing play and twiddling effects knobs or playing solitaire. Hypocrisy much?

I liked his music for about the length it took to listen to two tracks and realise that it is template style producing, what i cant do is hate on the actual guy, id take his position in a heart-beat and so would most of you. From watching several of his interviews you can see a disconnect, he seems to have little clue about his own music but other than that comes across as someone i would have a pint with.

I think most of you here are butt-hurt that a genre of music you like is now transformed into something you don't like, is in the hands and heads of the masses and you can no longer consider yourself underground (fucking hipsters), it happens to every style of music in some shape or form, get over it.

So, the guy may just be a poster-boy who has no input on the tracks he puts his name/face to, big deal, it is not the first time and wont be the last. What i find to be hilarious here though is that he is getting bashed for doing the very thing the IDM community invented, sitting in front of a laptop, pressing play and twiddling effects knobs or playing solitaire. Hypocrisy much?

I liked his music for about the length it took to listen to two tracks and realise that it is template style producing, what i cant do is hate on the actual guy, id take his position in a heart-beat and so would most of you. From watching several of his interviews you can see a disconnect, he seems to have little clue about his own music but other than that comes across as someone i would have a pint with.

I think most of you here are butt-hurt that a genre of music you like is now transformed into something you don't like, is in the hands and heads of the masses and you can no longer consider yourself underground (fucking hipsters), it happens to every style of music in some shape or form, get over it.

This, this, a million times this. kaen wins thread.

So, the guy may just be a poster-boy who has no input on the tracks he puts his name/face to, big deal, it is not the first time and wont be the last. What i find to be hilarious here though is that he is getting bashed for doing the very thing the IDM community invented, sitting in front of a laptop, pressing play and twiddling effects knobs or playing solitaire. Hypocrisy much? I liked his music for about the length it took to listen to two tracks and realise that it is template style producing, what i cant do is hate on the actual guy, id take his position in a heart-beat and so would most of you. From watching several of his interviews you can see a disconnect, he seems to have little clue about his own music but other than that comes across as someone i would have a pint with. I think most of you here are butt-hurt that a genre of music you like is now transformed into something you don't like, is in the hands and heads of the masses and you can no longer consider yourself underground (fucking hipsters), it happens to every style of music in some shape or form, get over it.

exactamundo

Guest liquiday

lol i was reading some of the comments from skrillex fb page and shit, and found a fucking bunch of hipsters saying: "Leave RDJ alone" or "s a long-time Aphex fan, I recommend other songs of his like "On The Romance Trip", "Green Calx", and my personal favorite, "Windowlicker", as well as this one. He never fails to please, with all of his work! The best D'n'B roots." LOOOOOOLLL bunch of hipsters really... Also, in the Flim video: "who came becuz of skrillex! xD *raises hand*" wtf, with 142 thumbs up... yo Skrillex is the cancer killing electronic music dog!

RDJ is only for the chosen ones, not for wobwobwobwobwob girls and emo boys

im happy for the guy. besides, its nice to have some decent electronic music get some attention for once. slowly people are accepting music made with synthesizers and that is cool

people have been accepting music made with synthesizers for the past 30 years. generic pop music has used the synthesizer since the early 80s.

This, this, a million times this. kaen wins thread.

pretty sure Lube saibot already won all these threads already in one single post.....

Archived