IGNORED

Skrillex - Discuss, Debate, Praise, Hate

YEK

Guest Margatroid

Another Skrillex video where a kid terrorizes a dorky-looking adult. It reminds me of a Disney Channel show or something. Maybe Nickelodeon. KIDS RULE! :w00t:

Incidentally, it occurred to me that Skrillex's fakeness is a lot lamer than most pop musicians... At least Katy Perry and Ke$ha albums give credit to Dr. Luke and all the other actual composers in the liner notes. Kids who listen to Skrillex have no way of knowing that he's basically a walking brand. I bet there would be fewer jazz band covers on youtube if that information was out in the open.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another Skrillex video where a kid terrorizes a dorky-looking adult. It reminds me of a Disney Channel show or something. Maybe Nickelodeon. KIDS RULE! :w00t:

Imagine the fucking theme sequence of Rugrats, where instead of the music being weird Devo shit when the diaper lands on Tommy, it's instead a big fucking drop and they all get curb stomped by Angelica while the parents remain ever oblivious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJVmu6yttiw

i really don't get this video, i mean, it worked when justice did it, but this? i guess armed robbery / being an annoying little disrespectful chav brat is something that should be glorified now. wub wub.

at least it's a video with actual coherence and a story, that is very hard to find in music videos these days.

(also the video is about a kid feeling bad for his actions and trying to make up for it lol)

[youtubehd]Th-AqMvvBzE[/youtubehd]

i get it now. "it's all just a little bit of history repeating..."

seriously, so many parallels i could draw. drops are the new guitar solo.

Totally. I didn't even think of that SP video. Could of easily been something the director watched. But is anyone else disappointed that no one yelled SOMEONE CALL 911! during the video? That should be the new guitar solo, amirite?

Imagine the fucking theme sequence of Rugrats, where instead of the music being weird Devo shit when the diaper lands on Tommy, it's instead a big fucking drop and they all get curb stomped by Angelica while the parents remain ever oblivious.

rlol - pretty much

Speaking of rugrats one of LA beatscene guys had a sample of the rugrats theme in a track coda. I guess my childhood era is now becoming retro enough to sample. Probably too soon, but still makes me feel old. :dry:

Dont think this is jazz, but Monolake/Robert Heneke voiced his thoughts on Skrillex

http://www.residenta...ature.aspx?1522

Wow, good points made there. Articulates a lot of the intrigue I have in regards to Skrillex and his popularity. This is a really good observation:

What did you figure out from listening to him? Anything? Anything positive?

Hah. Well, first of all as a technique his use of contrast is of course very intriguing. Even if I don't like how he executes it. Like, what kinds of contrasts he is choosing and what kinds of sounds he's using and what kind of clichés. His success seems to be based on this contrast between cheesy melodies and the evil dubstep cliché. And, without the contrast, it would be completely unbearable. If it would be only the evil dubstep cliché sounds you would immediately want to turn it off after ten minutes. If it would be only the cheesy melodies and vocals, then it would be unbearable. The combination is what makes it interesting to me.

Guest Margatroid

lol

Did a WATMMer make this? I think the audio is edited but I can't even tell...

Speaking of rugrats one of LA beatscene guys had a sample of the rugrats theme in a track coda. I guess my childhood era is now becoming retro enough to sample. Probably too soon, but still makes me feel old. :dry:

It's never a bad time to sample Mark Mothersbaugh.

lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pg3_QZb0ORI

Did a WATMMer make this? I think the audio is edited but I can't even tell...

Skrillex shreds.

lol @ customer reviews

awesome

any dnb/jungle heads from the 90's around here? i'm interested to hear your thoughts on the parallels between the dnb and dubstep scenes.

I was born in 89 but didn't start listening to jungle until about '94/'95 and I was too young to be involved in the scene.. I'm still not involved in any scene =(

How can you imagine someone else is making his music? You really think people would invest on some untalented kid with a crappy image thats needs 20 noose jobs and 200 litters of pimple cream on his face to look good? Thats would be too much time and effort on someone that doesnt deserve it. If someone else did his music he would take the credits for sure, and if not, everyone would know after some time. Those kind of secrets always come out. The only thing I could come up to that would be if he had rich parents like rebecca black, but it doesnt look like the case.

Anyway, whats with this thread? I thought it was unpinned..... :unsure:

Guest Margatroid

How can you imagine someone else is making his music? You really think people would invest on some untalented kid with a crappy image thats needs 20 noose jobs and 200 litters of pimple cream on his face to look good? Thats would be too much time and effort on someone that doesnt deserve it. If someone else did his music he would take the credits for sure, and if not, everyone would know after some time. Those kind of secrets always come out. The only thing I could come up to that would be if he had rich parents like rebecca black, but it doesnt look like the case.

Anyway, whats with this thread? I thought it was unpinned..... :unsure:

http://forum.watmm.c...25#entry1550825

I kinda wish Lube would vet the statements he made there by providing some conclusive proof. It all sounds extremely believable to me, though. The guy is a perfect mascot.

Guest Margatroid

Seriously, who made this? You retitled it and now it's weirding me out. I swear it was called something along the lines of "Skrillex Rugrats remix" earlier.

Ohhi new page.

Yeah, it was "Skrillex Rugrats remix 2012" I think. I found it by typing "skrillex rugrats" into youtube to see if there was anything funny, and I was pretty surprised that there actually was... I was also confused when the name suddenly changed. Looks like the channel belongs to some college kid, and my guess is that he changed the name to get more hits. Weird coincidence.

I fucking love Amazon reviewers.

5.0 out of 5 stars A breath of fresh air, January 14, 2012

By

David E. Andersson "Mr. Giggles" (Orange) - See all my reviews

(REAL NAME)

This review is from: Christian Dubstep (MP3 Download)

Are you looking for music to shake your "booty" to, but afraid you might make Jesus cry?

Want to get your "groove" on, but don't want to risk eternal damnation and hellfire?

Never fear!

This album is a breath of fresh air, amidst the wicked sin that has corrupted music of our time. Now you too can stay "hip" with the young peoples, and "bump" these fresh takes on old classics, such as "How Great Is Our God," and "O Praise Him" next time you're out with your grandchildren!

They'll love those grimy beats, and you'll love those wholesome, family-friendly lyrics!

So buy your copy today, and sing praises unto him... for the Lord is come, and shall return the unfaithful back unto his flock with the freshest beats thou hast ever heard!

Seriously, who made this? You retitled it and now it's weirding me out. I swear it was called something along the lines of "Skrillex Rugrats remix" earlier.

Ohhi new page.

*Desperately searches for a blunt instrument to gore out own eyes and perforate eardrums*

I was just reading through all 71 pages of this thread and I felt obligated to say that Skrillex is comparable to Hitler in some way.

way to go! now someone is going to make some fuhrer, hitler dubstep... before the drop it would go all quiet and it would be one of his speeches, and then it'd be that completely shitty noise that's in every skrillex song.

I was just reading through all 71 pages of this thread and I felt obligated to say that Skrillex is comparable to Hitler in some way.

way to go! now someone is going to make some fuhrer, hitler dubstep... before the drop it would go all quiet and it would be one of his speeches, and then it'd be that completely shitty noise that's in every skrillex song.

someone call nine one one?

Archived