IGNORED

Steinvord - Steinvord

Redruth

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For real though, the tracklist needs some clarification. Here's what I have:

backyard = the worm break one (aka the "Photek" one/the subtleaudio one)

maelstrom = the long one (aka the "Squarepusher" one)

iyff acid = the 4 min track with long-ish aliased intro and the thick awesome 1-note acid bassline and breakbeat (aka the "AFX" one)

cyg x-1 = the kinda slower one, formerly untitled 11

ontrack = sounds like a synth choir at the beginning

Yeah you've got it the same way round as on Youtube (i.e. not what myself or Bleep does). Man something has really gone amiss somewhere ... I definitely remember maelstrom being (as you say) 'the long one' when it was posted by that guy on Youtube (the one that got banned last year who had the Steinvord tracks and 100s of other electronica ones ).

I'm starting to think that the pressing plant may have put pressed the tracks the wrong way around :dry:

Yeah you've got it the same way round as on Youtube (i.e. not what myself or Bleep does). Man something has really gone amiss somewhere ... I definitely remember maelstrom being (as you say) 'the long one' when it was posted by that guy on Youtube (the one that got banned last year who had the Steinvord tracks and 100s of other electronica ones ).

I'm starting to think that the pressing plant may have put pressed the tracks the wrong way around :dry:

i'm starting to think that the locked groove in the middle of 'side a' is meant to throw people off, and fuck with those who are ripping it.

Yeah it's stuff like that that really makes me think it's one of the 'big boys' of Rephlex rather than an unknown signing. I mean having a lock groove in the middle of a vinyl release is definitely the sort of cheeky scamp thing either Afx or []-> would do (or at least have a hand in doing)

Yeah it's stuff like that that really makes me think it's one of the 'big boys' of Rephlex rather than an unknown signing. I mean having a lock groove in the middle of a vinyl release is definitely the sort of cheeky scamp thing either Afx or []-> would do (or at least have a hand in doing)

doesnt the whole naming of the tracks being different off different sites, the locked groove, etc etc ALL reek of being one of those guys? I'm still almost positive it's Tom with some help from Richard... =/

It probably just means the cutter made a mistake or it was requested by whoever made it to have a 'hidden' track

The lack of any real memorable melodies should tell you all you need to know, look beyond the smoke & mirrors of good engineering & programming

so you need to be serious idmz musician to come up with the locked groove in the middle of the side? or to fuck up the sides at the pressing plant? i think we should go with the tracklist, not whatever is etched on the record. i mean, we know which songs are which.

and i kinda doubt it's afx or tom. or combination of the two. my main claim is the lack of melodies, it's all just weirded out drums. iyff acid aside, this is all pretty un-afx/tom. and one iyff doesn't make it an afx release because rephlex signs afx clones all the time.

Pretty sure the lack of melodies etc is intentional, considering melodies pretty much fall under music composition 101... (I don't mean making them is easy, just including them as part of the structure is pretty basic...). Why would they sign some sort of afx clone that doesn't know the basics? And how can everyone be saying he's an afx clone and also say there are no melodies, when that is one of the very things that makes afx what he is, his melodies?

derp

I'd say whoever manages to squeeze that much action, drive and groove out of a one note bass riff is a fucking master of melody.

I agree for the most part, but most other people are saying it's devoid of melody but at the same time it's an afx clone, which quite frankly I don't think makes any sense lol.

And there are a few songs that are kind of weak melody wise.

i never said he's an aphex clone, just that rephlex isn't against signing aphex clones, so even is steinvord sounds aphexian at times, so do kendrick or monolith and they are def not richard.

someone should take on for the team and use it in a movie or a tv show so they have to put it in bmi or whatever.

i never said he's an aphex clone, just that rephlex isn't against signing aphex clones, so even is steinvord sounds aphexian at times, so do kendrick or monolith and they are def not richard.

someone should take on for the team and use it in a movie or a tv show so they have to put it in bmi or whatever.

Nah I know you didn't say that. Lots of people on here have though.

Just got my Dave Monolith cd this week actually, it's awesome. Reminds me more of DMX krew than it does AFX.

Ah, electronic music... <3

the body mass index, what? All they'd have to do is put "written by Steinvord", "performed by Steinvord"

Archived