IGNORED

Steinvord - Steinvord

Redruth

I think it's just music made by a moody teenager. I don't think the tracks have aged all that well from the first time I listened to them a few years ago. They were immediately impressive but I find them a bit one-note and contrived now. They lack the longevity of music made by artists who can inject personality into their music. It's a bit odd that the same old tracks were released, I doubt if you were a musician you'd want your older stuff released first over your new stuff. But it is only a vinyl ep, maybe there's an album to follow.

The only tracks I did think were possibly Aphex Twin's were untitled9 and untilted97, both not included in the ep. They have that sweet addictive quality.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest bitroast

The only tracks I did think were possibly Aphex Twin's were untitled9 and untilted97, both not included in the ep. They have that sweet addictive quality.

listen to these tracks and instead of thinking about aphex twin, think wisp. they're wisp as fuck.

listen to these tracks and instead of thinking about aphex twin, think wisp. they're wisp as fuck.

agreed. Those two untitled ones are almost certainly wisp.

similar to his two most recent albums

Guest rotchnock

In my ears, they sound nothing like Wisp. Sorry, guys.

agree. It's funny how theres x people saying it sounds like y different guys talking about the same track. That just means it sounds like Steinvord, deal with it and enjoy the music.

Guest rotchnock

Ok so listen to Maelstrom. With nice headphones.

Then put on Cock/ver10. Listen closely.

Then put on the exploding psychology. Listen closely.

:cisfor:

I did. 3 great tracks

:cisfor:

Now go buy the vinyl

• 3 weeks later...

still waiting the digital release :(

Think you'll be waiting quite a while mate.

Unless you want an illegal one.

Agreed. To be quite honest I would be surprised if this actually ever makes it to a digital release. Best we can do is buy the vinyl and rip it to digital I guess. =(

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Intelligent dodgem music

phorumwanky 'intelligent review mix'???? so is this all a massive WATMM inside joke??? is actually one of you bastards guys signed to Rephlex under the name Steinvord? (I'm starting to think each and everyone of you is actually Aphex. :fear: )

░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄

░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█

░░░░░░░░░░░█░░█

░░░░░░░░░░█░░░█

░░░░░░░░░█░░░░█

███████▄▄█░░░░░██████▄

▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

▓▓▓▓▓▓█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░█

▓▓▓▓▓▓█████░░░░░░░░░█

██████▀░░░░▀▀██████▀

i found this vinyl yesterday (hurra!) & bought it 4 9€ only! (hurra!) after, i don't yet listen it, i've download it from the net in mp3@320 ripped from vinyl (mediafire link, 52 Mo, google is ur friend) and listen it this morning going at my work... fabulous! extraordinary! i love this EP!

My mate put me onto this Ep this week, amazing, even tho ive been telling people Maelstrom is genius and now it turns out to be Cyg x-1 due to bad flac titles from Juno :emb:

Archived