IGNORED

Lego Feet with Bonus Tracks

Guest NDDrake

I bought it off bleep because they know me well enough from customer service complaints to serve me well this time, I'm sure.

It makes perfect sense.

Shut up.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

chilllllll

I bought it off skam cause theyre cooler than boomkat. And im all about the cool

:sup:

I'm gonna ask my favorite record shop in town to see whether he has it in stock or not...That guy is an Autechre fan so I guess it'll be up there, right in time !

chilllllll

I bought it off skam cause theyre cooler than boomkat. And im all about the cool

shame the big surprise was fucked in the ass by boomkat, tho. bloody nob head's.

My guess is that there'll be no vinyl, so that those of us who already have it on vinyl won't be sad for having dropped a bunch of money. Having said that, I'm very happy about this release... Lego Feet has been one of my favorites of Autechre, and it's light years ahead of what they'd do for the next few years on Warp. I'm pumped to hear the bonus tracks that they threw in.

looks like Bleep still can't get this right:

Essential reissue of this classic from the halcyon era of early 90s electronic music. Lego Feet is strongly rumoured to be Autechre's debut release on Skam... And in fact, Skam's first ever release. Now 20 years on, material taken from the original tapes is finally available and as a double-length extended digital edition or CD with material not heard on the original 12". It now weighs in at a mighty 70 minutes comprising of 4 epic tracks. A holy grail of electronic music, showcasing some of their most nascent and most probing explorations into electro. Seeing as how the original 12" goes for serious top dollar on eBay and Discogs, this is now the perfect opportunity to (re)discover this gem.

the way they're describing it makes out that there is a difference between the digital download and the CD, when in fact there is not.

yeah that's what i reckon, too. they haven't done the vinyl so that the original pressing won't be devalued and will remain just as sort after and collectable, etc.

Essential reissue of this classic from the halcyon era of early 90s electronic music. Lego Feet is strongly rumoured to be Autechre's debut release on Skam... And in fact, Skam's first ever release. Now 20 years on, material taken from the original tapes is finally available and as a double-length extended digital edition or CD with material not heard on the original 12". It now weighs in at a mighty 70 minutes comprising of 4 epic tracks. A holy grail of electronic music, showcasing some of their most nascent and most probing explorations into electro. Seeing as how the original 12" goes for serious top dollar on eBay and Discogs, this is now the perfect opportunity to (re)discover this gem.

the way they're describing it makes out that there is a difference between the digital download and the CD, when in fact there is not.

no that makes sense now, at least to me. they've not said there's anything different about the CD. it's all in the same sentence.

you could read it from the "CD" point, and it says "...CD with material not heard on the original.."

simples.

just read that in the bleep newsletter and was quite confused

available and as a double-length extended digital edition download or CD, (both) with material not heard on the original...

that better..?

no that makes sense now, at least to me. they've not said there's anything different about the CD. it's all in the same sentence.

you could read it from the "CD" point, and it says "...CD with material not heard on the original.."

simples.

no it doesn't make sense. "available as a double-length extended digital edition or CD with material not heard on the original" that quite clearly makes a distinction between the two editions.

also, using an annoying advertisement's catchphrase is rather silly.

available and as a double-length extended digital edition download or CD, (both) with material not heard on the original...

that better..?

by proxy of the fact that you've had to edit their description just so that it makes sense, proves that their initial description is fucked.

makes sense to me. you're being overly 'nit-picky' again, mister osc.

i don't think the "or" is confusing at all. - digital or cd. both are extended with material not heard on the original. simple.

the only thing wrong with the sentence really is that somebody's put an "and" in there by mistake.

Perfectly clear description even for someone who's not from English speaking countries.

"available as a double-length extended digital edition or CD with material not heard on the original". These are the two editions - you can buy former or latter.

Will not buy it from Bleep though.

Perfectly clear description even for someone who's not from English speaking countries.

"available as a double-length extended digital edition or CD with material not heard on the original". These are the two editions - you can buy former or latter.

Will not buy it from Bleep though.

I think the confusion came from whether or not "extended" applied to just the digital edition (due to its location in the sentence) or both versions. So I like your version, but I do not think it completely resolves that problem of grammar.

This is fun! One thing they could have said was "A double-length extended edition, available on CD or digital, with material not heard on the original."

Archived