Lego Feet with Bonus Tracks

Guest NDDrake

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i45NN.png

:lol:

seriously???????????

i did fucking tell you lot to voice whether you would buy this on vinyl or not.

well done lads, well done

:beertechre:

so my death threats were answered. i knew nobody would want to die around xmas and new year. lol

:emotawesomepm9:

i45NN.png

Are you winding me up? Jeez I missed this first time round.

Lord oscillik, you really are a Lord.

Savage!!

Now work your magic on BoC and Aphex Twin via Warp and I'll come over to Ireland and buy you beer all week mate!

how is he a Lord? for posting a tweet?

savage.

ps. osc lives in the north west (of england)

i45NN.png

:lol:

seriously???????????

i did fucking tell you lot to voice whether you would buy this on vinyl or not.

well done lads, well done

:beertechre:

so my death threats were answered. i knew nobody would want to die around xmas and new year. lol

:emotawesomepm9:

No response from the bros. yet, though.

but boc may be dead

but boc may be dead

Marry marry marry marry

Aiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

how is he a Lord? for posting a tweet?

beware, this actually happened in the plaid subforum... some n00b comes along, says scintilli is finally coming out, postin' all trollish / western european EFL (admittedly hard to tell apart these days), people be all skeptical, etc. Warp then makes the official announcement (that they were going to make anyway), and suddenly there's more balls being fondled than a skillrex thread

Got yer popcorn gifs ready for the new BoC album.

So did anyone figure out how the little Skam stickers worked?

the glue is on the non-transparent paper, you have to peel it off, then put the sticker in the palce of desire and peel off the transparent paper. if that makes sense. it's quite a lot of effort to make it work, but it's worth it, lol.

This has grown on me big time. I like it more than any of their pre-LP5 material.

Yeah ! What I love about this album is the way it sounds (like their old material, Incunabula++) without being that much cheesy or mellow...Some "harsh" moments up there but in some non-complex, listenable way. I guess it stills way "ahead of its time", maybe more than Incunabula or even Tri Repetae.

Guest mrgypsum

after getting the cd and listening to it, this is the first time i have sat down and listened to it all in one sitting, vs downloads and pieces here and there, ive got to say that its great, its like gescom meets early team doyobi or something, but has a small live club feeling to it. incunabula and amber and even parts of tri repetae dont even come close to this. its like they were making the more dare i say traditional IDM stuff for warp for a few years before they started the chiastic slide era stuff which blended into the skam style.

after getting the cd and listening to it, this is the first time i have sat down and listened to it all in one sitting, vs downloads and pieces here and there, ive got to say that its great, its like gescom meets early team doyobi or something, but has a small live club feeling to it. incunabula and amber and even parts of tri repetae dont even come close to this. its like they were making the more dare i say traditional IDM stuff for warp for a few years before they started the chiastic slide era stuff which blended into the skam style.

I get the feeling that the "Autechre" pseudonym was used at first for the more poppy or rave-y stuff, I mean the Cavity Job single. Then it gradually changed over time to be more like the style of Lego Feet.

To me it sounds like Lego Feet is much more sparse than the early Autechre stuff. Could it have been considered too minimalistic in the early 90s when the breakbeat hardcore was ruling the UK electronic music scene and then they tried something different under the Autechre alias?

Anyway, the Lego Feet EP is bloody great.

I found this bit from http://www.clashmusic.com/feature/autechre-interview

Their confirmation as Autechre came when they released ‘Cavity Job’ in 1991, whilst fully immersed in the hardcore scene of north Manchester. ‘Cavity Job’ was an acid stomper dedicated to local pirate radio station IBC where they got their first break thanks to DJ Homeboy JuJu, who brought them in to drop the latest Belgian techno 12”s spun by the likes of CJ Bolland. They actually had to re-record it to make it “less rough”, even though that was exactly the sound design they were after, as Sean relays: “We had to wait for ages till people caught up and distorted their drums like we had been doing.”

It would be interesting to hear what the original Cavity Job sounded like before it was re-recorded..

How have i never heard Lego Feet before this came out? ....Been a fan of Ae since Incunabula or Lanx 3 (whichever I heard first) ... but this is now easily my favourite Ae release and I haven't even listened to the extra bits yet.

* waits for 2x12" version *

Archived