IGNORED

Lego Feet with Bonus Tracks

Guest NDDrake

Perfectly clear description even for someone who's not from English speaking countries.

"available as a double-length extended digital edition or CD with material not heard on the original". These are the two editions - you can buy former or latter.

Will not buy it from Bleep though.

I think the confusion came from whether or not "extended" applied to just the digital edition (due to its location in the sentence) or both versions. So I like your version, but I do not think it completely resolves that problem of grammar.

This is fun! One thing they could have said was "A double-length extended edition, available on CD or digital, with material not heard on the original."

How come you presumed "extended" just applied to digital edition, yet at the same time did not presume that "with material not heard on the original" applied to CD.

Or to be more illustrative:

"available as a double-length extended digital edition or CD with material not heard on the original"

why does the first bold thing sounds good to you, but second doesn't?

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perfectly clear description even for someone who's not from English speaking countries.

"available as a double-length extended digital edition or CD with material not heard on the original". These are the two editions - you can buy former or latter.

I think the confusion came from whether or not "extended" applied to just the digital edition (due to its location in the sentence) or both versions. So I like your version, but I do not think it completely resolves that problem of grammar.

This is fun! One thing they could have said was "A double-length extended edition, available on CD or digital, with material not heard on the original."

How come you presumed "extended" just applied to digital edition, yet at the same time did not presume that "with material not heard on the original" applied to CD.

"available as a double-length extended digital edition or CD with material not heard on the original"

Because it's bad grammar. It makes the sentence overtly verbose where it needn't have been.

omg,

The Autechre sub-forum, where arguments are formed on the basis of the band/label releasing historic parts of their back catalogue and previously unheard tracks to the fans, as well as releasing new material at a nice steady rate.

The Boards of Canada sub-forum, where arguments are formed on the basis of the band releasing historic parts of their back catalogue and previously unheard tracks only to their closest friends in limited runs of 5 copies. They will not release any new material again, ever.

I am sure that a similar paragraph could be constructed for all other WATMM featured artists, but I cannot be bothered at this present moment.

I saw the best minds of my generation destroyed by triangles, starving hysterical naked,

dragging themselves through the campfires at dawn looking for an angry fix,

toqueheaded hipsters burning for the ancient heavenly connection to the starry dynamo in the machinery of night,

who poverty and tatters and hollow-eyed and high sat up smoking in the supernatural darkness of cold-water flats floating across the tops of cities contemplating ORANGE

Because it's bad grammar. It makes the sentence overtly verbose where it needn't have been.

It's just so hard to admit you're wrong? You're fucking wrong. The sentence is perfect as it is, and people who don't understand it should seriously check their grammar. The one and only way this could be confusing would be if it said: "available as a double-length extended digital edition with material not heard on the original or a CD". Since the "with material not heard on the original" part stands behind the "CD" it's pretty fucking obvious what it means.

Actually, the proper way to write that and reduce all confusion is to place a fucking comma in the proper fucking place:

available as a double-length extended digital edition or CD, with material not heard on the original

Don't they teach commas in idiot school?

edit: YOU FUCKS

It's just so hard to admit you're wrong? You're fucking wrong. The sentence is perfect as it is, and people who don't understand it should seriously check their grammar. The one and only way this could be confusing would be if it said: "available as a double-length extended digital edition with material not heard on the original or a CD". Since the "with material not heard on the original" part stands behind the "CD" it's pretty fucking obvious what it means.

you're fucking wrong mate :cisfor:

I did presume, but I was too lazy to type. Sorry! But yes, the bolding you use above is exactly what I think is potentially confusing about the sentence.

Just my opinion! It really could be a better write up, though. Bleep's, not yours. Even "CD with material not heard on the original" is a pretty awkward way of saying "CD with unreleased [unheard] material".

Actually, the proper way to write that and reduce all confusion is to place a fucking comma in the proper fucking place:

available as a double-length extended digital edition or CD, with material not heard on the original

I think this version is still confusing, because of parallelism issues. "Parallelism" the grammar issue, that is. It's googleable if you care.

What would be interesting is if they moved the word "edition"

"available in a double-length extended digital or CD edition, with material not heard on the original"

I think this version is still confusing, because of parallelism issues. "Parallelism" the grammar issue, that is. It's googleable if you care.

What would be interesting is if they moved the word "edition"

"available in a double-length extended digital or CD edition, with material not heard on the original"

Don't you Strunk me, boy

edit: but I agree :trashbear:

omg,

The Autechre sub-forum, where arguments are formed on the basis of the band/label releasing historic parts of their back catalogue and previously unheard tracks to the fans, as well as releasing new material at a nice steady rate.

The Boards of Canada sub-forum, where arguments are formed on the basis of the band releasing historic parts of their back catalogue and previously unheard tracks only to their closest friends in limited runs of 5 copies. They will not release any new material again, ever.

I am sure that a similar paragraph could be constructed for all other WATMM featured artists, but I cannot be bothered at this present moment.

The Aphex Twin sub-forum, where arguments are formed on the basis of the label/artist sporadically releasing parts of their back catalogue on a half-defunct website. He will only be releasing new material via low quality camphone footage of gigs on youtube.

The Cylob sub-forum where arguments are never formed because nobody ever goes there.

There's a Cylob forum now?

Its between the Ceephax and Snares sub-forums

I'm just going to start posting Ceephax Acid Crew news in the Cylob forum until it turns into that.

Anyway, Lego Feet CD! what a great birthday present announcement to me! They probably first mentioned this like 7 years ago.

....And just release old tracks clocking the thing in at twice as long!!? I mean I can't even consider that 'incentive to buy' when it's really nothing short of just plain old good will toward men.

yeah. this ^

but i think they need to swap the 2 words, "digital" and "edition" around, also. so it reads more like...

"available as a double-length extended edition digital (download) or CD, with material not heard on the original".

which is pretty much exactly what you've said, almost. :) ..could probably do with a couple more commas, , , , , , too!!!!!!!

but :lol: @ this discussion! there must be people reading/who've read this going :facepalm:, these people are fucking geeks!!!

"wtf, lol".

and you have to admit, it is proper anal !! oscillik!

:emotawesomepm9:

Archived