IGNORED

Lego Feet with Bonus Tracks

Guest NDDrake

How have i never heard Lego Feet before this came out? ....Been a fan of Ae since Incunabula or Lanx 3 (whichever I heard first) ... but this is now easily my favourite Ae release and I haven't even listened to the extra bits yet.

* waits for 2x12" version *

You NEED to listen to the extra bits. Holy fuck!!!!

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

as Sean relays: “We had to wait for ages till people caught up and distorted their drums like we had been doing.”

Sean was probably unaware that the band Esplendor Geometrico and Muslimgauze existed during that early era of Cavity Job. Either that or he's only referring to music within the context of dance 12" singles

after getting the cd and listening to it, this is the first time i have sat down and listened to it all in one sitting, vs downloads and pieces here and there, ive got to say that its great, its like gescom meets early team doyobi or something, but has a small live club feeling to it. incunabula and amber and even parts of tri repetae dont even come close to this. its like they were making the more dare i say traditional IDM stuff for warp for a few years before they started the chiastic slide era stuff which blended into the skam style.

this was my initial thought as well. the sound palette is much closer to chiastic than incunabula.

after getting the cd and listening to it, this is the first time i have sat down and listened to it all in one sitting, vs downloads and pieces here and there, ive got to say that its great, its like gescom meets early team doyobi or something, but has a small live club feeling to it. incunabula and amber and even parts of tri repetae dont even come close to this. its like they were making the more dare i say traditional IDM stuff for warp for a few years before they started the chiastic slide era stuff which blended into the skam style.

this was my initial thought as well. the sound palette is much closer to chiastic than incunabula.

yeah, chiastic and the keynells, when Ae reintegrated the Funktm

Guest mrgypsum

it just strikes me how unlike anything in the early warp era, from just about anybody, this sounds - do artists make releases to fit into labels ?? or do labels just release similiar style stuff to develop a sound??early skam vs early warp!!! anyway i should stop thinking about it and just listen some more, its very addicted music, so glad its all in one collection. ive only every had it as MP3s until now.

Sean and Rob have stated that Incunabula was a collection of warp-selected tracks, and have also stated that Amber was made in a relative rush, so I wouldn't be surprised if Amber was heavily influenced by Warp's influence on what Ae "should have" sounded like circa 1993/4. Partial explanation, perhaps, for Ae not really integrating the more Skam-y sounding stuff until Tri/Anvil Vapre and beyond?

I didn't mean that the original release was necessarily going to have Tracks 3 and 4 on it, just that the 2011 release seems intended as a whole in it's current 4 track form (and 3 and 4 appear to be from the same time period). 3 and 4 don't seem like your typical bonus material "tack ons."

In other words, it seems like the CD version, if released in 1991, would have been the CD version we got in 2011 (or in any rate should have been). But obviously I'm not a Skam insider or anything.

I hate the words 'bonus tracks', they are wacked onto the end of a lot of cd's and you play them once and that's it.

These are the best bonus tracks in the history of recording music :biggrin:

Does anyone know what part Boomkat are on about when they say... "one passage sounds like a sketch for 'Basscadet'"? I've listened a few times and haven't spotted anything familiar.

Does anyone know what part Boomkat are on about when they say... "one passage sounds like a sketch for 'Basscadet'"? I've listened a few times and haven't spotted anything familiar.

I definitely heard it in there. You can hear the drum sounds from the start of basscadet quite clearly. Can't remember where it is though, need to relisten

I definitely heard it in there. You can hear the drum sounds from the start of basscadet quite clearly. Can't remember where it is though, need to relisten

Yeah I heard it too. I'll have another listen and see if we're both talking about the same part.

If it's the tuned percussion part, methinks that happens fairly early on. Part 2 I wanna say?

Nah, it's part 1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJwzeZApLEg

About 4:25

edit: at least, I think that's what they're talking about. It doesn't sound exactly like basscadet or anything.

I guess the pattern is a vaguely/more similar around 7:35 here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yiINDuIC4tM

So maybe it is Part 2. I dunno.

edit 38787: both of those are better than Basscadet

Archived