IGNORED

Aphex Twin interview French magazine Tsugi n°47 December 2011

Pitbulle

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The introduction before the interview is 100% PURE SHIT, made by a guy who knows nothing about RDJ or even electronic music ("Daft punk are between David Guetta and Underground Resistance" -> WTF is it supposed to mean, TÊTE DE CON?)

And, as said before, nothing interesting or new, or even fun in this interview.

Except this one, which is probably only fun if you are french:

Q: One time you compared your music to a diary. Then you said it was like a mechanical and automatic process. Where is the truth, between privacy and mechanization?

A: Wow, cool question "à la française" (typically french question). I'm not even certain to understand it.

Yeah this shit sucks!

We don't wanna hear Richards bullshit.

Just release something new fuck sake!

if Richard is reading this, he must be like: "AHAHHAAH the more you cry, the more you wait losers"

ahahahahahhaha

Yes, the funny part is that you are absolutely right.

But soon everybody will pick on Richard and laugh at his stupid statements

Soon he can't do shit except release a new album :cisfor:

Why bother with an interview if you have nothing to say?

For me it's obvious that he'd like to say something but the questions are so fucking retarded he decided to answer this way. The only question he really answers is the only one to be interesting, and he actually begins his reply by "nice question".

The introduction before the interview is 100% PURE SHIT, made by a guy who knows nothing about RDJ or even electronic music ("Daft punk are between David Guetta and Underground Resistance" -> WTF is it supposed to mean, TÊTE DE CON?)

I had exactly the same reaction about the article and what you quote. Seriously, who the fuck are these guys ?... Who wrote it, who accepted to publish it ? this is simply insane.

Q: One time you compared your music to a diary. Then you said it was like a mechanical and automatic process. Where is the truth, between privacy and mechanization?

A: Wow, cool question "à la française" (typically french question). I'm not even certain to understand it.

This question made me laugh also. Out of despair. This journalist is definitely retarded.

This question made me laugh also. Out of despair. This journalist is definitely retarded.

:emotawesomepm9:

There should be a point where people will understand that saying "the more we cry for a new album, the least likely it is he'll ever release one" is a form of magical thinking. Most people outgrow this mindset past their 10th year. Some people are religious fruitcakes and believe it's the essence of life though. Go figure.

fucking lol. nice way to sum it up

Why bother with an interview if you have nothing to say?

To remind people you still exist and still want them to buy your products? :D I find having something meaningful to say is easiest if you ignore the literal questions and say things which are sort of related but a bit more interesting. Then again, I like to listen to musicians talking about the music making process, which I guess makes me not the target market of most music magazines.

Guest cctoide

They're still showing up for me (not cached, either). Here you go, anyway: http://www.mediafire...si32q0f4enoqae8

On the last page he answers a question about SAW and Digeridoo, saying he's tried to recreate them many times but never managed to do it. Not that I'm an expert on Aphex interviews or anything, but had he mentioned that before? Seems like a random thing to bring up in an answer to a such a general question.

They're still showing up for me (not cached, either). Here you go, anyway: http://www.mediafire...si32q0f4enoqae8

On the last page he answers a question about SAW and Digeridoo, saying he's tried to recreate them many times but never managed to do it. Not that I'm an expert on Aphex interviews or anything, but had he mentioned that before? Seems like a random thing to bring up in an answer to a such a general question.

yo!

thanks cctoide much appreciated!

fucking ludicrous hes been sitting on that manchester track. best thing hes ever done. what motivates someone to hold that back? this i dont understand about richard. he obviously has an ego. shit doesnt line up

fucking ludicrous hes been sitting on that manchester track. best thing hes ever done. what motivates someone to hold that back? this i dont understand about richard. he obviously has an ego. shit doesnt line up

I wonder if he would sit on it for so long if we all hadn't heard it via the internet? It's perhaps a game to him, I dunno...

Maybe he is going to release it on the forthcoming (lol) Warp album? It sounds like a Warp-type-Aphex Twin album track to me, not a Rephlex style release, If you get my drift.

Who knows? The problem being I can't follow that with 'who cares'. Because we do, and most annoyingly he knows it.

Im pretty sure Grants opinion is people don't buy records. they are concentrating on shows for the money. so as long as fresh music is played people will show up. im guessing its a financial decision. i'll blame illegal downloading

scary thought. maybe he has hundreds of tracks even better and its no big deal to him

Makes music for his own personal satisfaction, probably plenty of great tunes that didn't pass his quality control.... (with the bar being very very high)

Im pretty sure Grants opinion is people don't buy records. they are concentrating on shows for the money. so as long as fresh music is played people will show up. im guessing its a financial decision. i'll blame illegal downloading

Warp/Rephlex knows there are a massive fanbase who will buy originals, so I don't think illegal downloads is an issue. I just think it's part of the IDM culture, or perhaps part of Richards personality

Maybe we are seeing all this as a negative thing, perhaps on a more positive note he has dropped Manchester and Metz into live sets to give us the nod that he is working on new material and the album is going to be a stunner.

no, i know of Grants user name on a diff MB and that is what he thinks. Actually he thinks Aphex has done enough. has his money. plenty of music out there to explore already and people dont buy music anyway. that is what he thinks

no, i know of Grants user name on a diff MB and that is what he thinks. Actually he thinks Aphex has done enough. has his money. plenty of music out there to explore already and people dont buy music anyway. that is what he thinks

we all know message boards are for voicing opinions that are 100% genuine

Guest cctoide

would you rather have half life 3 announced in 2012 or a new aphex twin album?

Ep. 3 soundtrack by Aphex.

The only thing less likely than either of those events.

Archived