IGNORED

Aphex Twin interview French magazine Tsugi n°47 December 2011

Pitbulle

no, i know of Grants user name on a diff MB and that is what he thinks. Actually he thinks Aphex has done enough. has his money. plenty of music out there to explore already and people dont buy music anyway. that is what he thinks

Doubt it.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no, i know of Grants user name on a diff MB and that is what he thinks. Actually he thinks Aphex has done enough. has his money. plenty of music out there to explore already and people dont buy music anyway. that is what he thinks

this is really a shame if it's true. i think the 'Aphex has done enough part' is him trying to rationalize RDJ's post divorce/mid divorce identity crisis or something.

I found the article excellent. The questions were pretty straight-forward, like naïvely aggressing, and they manage to get some good output from him.

a few important stuffs I picked up:

•he says he's not able to reproduce stuffs in the vein of saw and of his older compositions.

•the next album will get release soon or not.

•Not telling he's behind the tuss has been very insightful.

•He says time doesn't exist and is just a way to see at things, that birth and death don't have any specific order.

quantum abracadabra if you ask me.

that SAW comment is funny as it's his simplest work. Probably an Emulator III with a sample pack run through a digital reverb/delay. he's just sick of people asking for SAW 3

that SAW comment is funny as it's his simplest work. Probably an Emulator III with a sample pack run through a digital reverb/delay. he's just sick of people asking for SAW 3

:facepalm:

who is not going to say more simpler things haevnt been drawn with merely a stick and a sandbox. too much focus on tools and not enough on mischief

Will someone please translate this. I would like to read this shit interview. Thank you.

Yeah, it's not like we're short of french people on here. And when we had the polish interview they got 'er done in less pages. Maybe our polish users are cooler though(country pride motivation moment)

would you rather have half life 3 announced in 2012 or a new aphex twin album?

Ep. 3 soundtrack by Aphex.

The only thing less likely than either of those events.

I guess thats why it is taking so long. (which could be used both ways)

who is not going to say more simpler things haevnt been drawn with merely a stick and a sandbox. too much focus on tools and not enough on mischief

right. lichen is one pad sound. rhubarb maybe a few synth pads. not complicated. beautiful, yes. unique. Aphexy, Yes. but the idea that he can't remember how it was done was the point

didn't consider that the music was unique to that particular moment in his life? now things have significantly changed compared to his SAW days.... sure he probably could if he really tried but he just doesn't want to anymore? :shuriken:

Does anyone has that interview when he turns into a hippie?

perhaps you're thinking of the interview from 'another man' magazine? ?

lol @ "hippie" :-D

Why does my favourite composer have to be such a useless twat?

fuckin hell hahaha

Will someone please translate this. I would like to read this shit interview. Thank you.

Yeah, it's not like we're short of french people on here. And when we had the polish interview they got 'er done in less pages. Maybe our polish users are cooler though(country pride motivation moment)

lol, french people are too busy riding their bikes with berets on and baquettes sticking out of every pocket. drinking wine

•he says he's not able to reproduce stuffs in the vein of saw and of his older compositions.

•the next album will get release soon or not.

he sure is able to reproduce his shitty interview responses of the past though. :cisfor:

i think watmm deduced that he used an ms-20 for most of the tunes. maybe it broke.

•He says time doesn't exist and is just a way to see at things, that birth and death don't have any specific order.

this response and that other interview (about the world band and shit) tells me he has done more psychedelics than boc and it's obviously fucking with his head..

He, you and troon are birds of a feather.

Archived