IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

15 minutes ago, T3551ER said:

I kind of hope they end it here, as it was a perfect send off for the series as a whole

as far as I know, the Duffer brothers mentioned somewhere they always envisioned Stranger Things as a 4-season story, so season 4 is definitely happening.

What bugged me as a russian is that a lot of russians spoke russian with an accent, which is lame. They couldn't even hire proper russians ffs. The main scientist guy's accent (Alexei) was constantly bugging me as if he was not a native speaker... lo and behold, he is some British bloke that was born in Russia but moved to the UK at a young age. And if you look through the cast on imdb you'll find lots of people like him. half-russians or whatever. Not authentic

26 minutes ago, T3551ER said:

Yah, probably old age setting in but I really enjoyed S3. A lot. Feel like they actually corrected issues w/ pacing that plagued S1 + S2. (Of course, Twin Peaks S3 is prob my favorite thing ever so, in comparison, Stranger Things zips by like a balls to the wall non-stop action extravaganza). Ending was:

Reveal hidden contents

kind of a kick to the chest, in the best way possible. For a show which is (knowingly) playing on nostalgia, it's extra meaningful that Hopper's letter is as much a goodbye to nostalgia as it is to the character itself. As much as I'd like to see more, I kind of hope they end it here, as it was a perfect send off for the series as a whole.  

It was a decent season. Though I'd say the last... oh.. 2 or 3 episodes were fun to watch. The first half is the season is kinda boring. And since almost everything was predictable it felt like 100% filler until the story finally took off.

One issue I do find with Stranger Things is the fact that a few of the kids are mostly just passengers along for the ride. Lucus for example in seasons 1 and 2. Will this season as all he was good for was saying when he felt the presence of the mind flayer, which they already kinda knew much of the time. Mike was kinda uselsss too along with, again, Lucus, though he did do 2 or 3 things.

Edited by Brisbot

watched about 3 episodes of stranger things season 3 and just found it medicore. i especially lost a lot of interest after the pool lifeguard bashed that milf's head when she was apologizing for not showing up for their date

i noticed that after season 1, this show became more interested in showing you these kids in different 80s scenarios- and making nostalgia references (either from music or certain props or referencing tv shows) than telling an interesting story. 

might get to it, or might just watch an actual 80s show instead

this "official trailer" gave me a chuckle

54 minutes ago, lickneonlights said:

as far as I know, the Duffer brothers mentioned somewhere they always envisioned Stranger Things as a 4-season story, so season 4 is definitely happening.

What bugged me as a russian is that a lot of russians spoke russian with an accent, which is lame. They couldn't even hire proper russians ffs. The main scientist guy's accent (Alexei) was constantly bugging me as if he was not a native speaker... lo and behold, he is some British bloke that was born in Russia but moved to the UK at a young age. And if you look through the cast on imdb you'll find lots of people like him. half-russians or whatever. Not authentic

Fascinating. Sort of sad too. I mean, they obs have a redonkulous budget, seems like something they could have nailed down. . . 

51 minutes ago, Brisbot said:

It was a decent season. Though I'd say the last... oh.. 2 or 3 episodes were fun to watch. The first half is the season is kinda boring. And since almost everything was predictable it felt like 100% filler until the story finally took off.

One issue I do find with Stranger Things is the fact that a few of the kids are mostly just passengers along for the ride. Lucus for example in seasons 1 and 2. Will this season as all he was good for was saying when he felt the presence of the mind flayer, which they already kinda knew much of the time. Mike was kinda uselsss too along with, again, Lucus, though he did do 2 or 3 things.

Mmmm. Yeah, I hear you. It was something good to put on and let wash over me while intermittently tending to a newborn, ya know? Like, I wasn't expecting high cinema so was pleased w/ what was there.

Watching Strange Things is sort of like going to McDonald's: It's overly processed, saccharine, and unreal, but it fires off enough dopamine receptors in the brain that have been trained to respond to its ingredients that you feel somewhat satisfied at the end of it (but then maybe regret it a few hours later, and wish you had chosen something else instead with more nutritional value). If it's what you're expecting you'll be pleased. If you want filet mignon you will be sorely disappointed

S3 was (for me) like the above, but I haven't felt the urge to painfully defecate (or whatever the mental equivalent of it is) since then. So I'd call it a win/win. 

On 7/6/2019 at 8:51 PM, joshuatxuk said:

I finally felt engaged in episode 4, the novelty of the well-executed 80s setting really wore off by season. Still got the second half to go. The Steve - Robin - Dustin side-plot is the only one that I find organic and fun on the surface level. The soviet stuff is super corny, I'd guess it's intentional exaggeration alluding to 80s cold war pop culture but that'd be giving the writers/producers way to much credit as satirist / homage makers.

The entire thing is completely asinine, but I liked it better than s2 because they leaned into the comedy and there was no extraneous episode detouring to do some X-Men/Suicide Squad garbage. And yeah, the Robin/Steve/Dustin stuff is aces throughout and probably saved the season as a whole for me.

6 hours ago, Brisbot said:

The back of Will's neck got more screen time than Will himself!

• Like 1

Just gave up after one and a half episodes of The Dark. My goodness this is terrible. Laughably bad dialog, a cliché in ever scene and gratuitous 80s references all over. It’s like it was created by a committee that gets paid for how many pop culture references they can shove into the least amount of time. Awful.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rhmilo said:

Just gave up after one and a half episodes of The Dark. My goodness this is terrible. Laughably bad dialog, a cliché in ever scene and gratuitous 80s references all over. It’s like it was created by a committee that gets paid for how many pop culture references they can shove into the least amount of time. Awful.

Probably for the best. It raises more questions than it answers, just like Lost, which is fucking outrageous. There are a few unexpected twists on which the whole thing revolves, but it's utterly boring overall. 

On 7/8/2019 at 5:41 PM, lickneonlights said:

I couldn't agree more with this, and I believe it's reminiscent of my complaint that The Lord of the Rings did not contain real dwarf actors, instead doing the cop out CGI of big name actors. Did nobody see Willow? :wtf:

4 episodes in into stranger things and i don't find it that cheesy at all... silly? yes! boring? sometimes. but not cringe inducing like i remember feeling in s02... honestly i don't remember s01 and 2 having this funny tone, which is not disappointing me that much, i chuckled couple o' times... feels like a parody of the 80's tv, a little bit like twin peaks was doing back in the day with the 90's...

i'm watching it right after finishing chernobyl and i guess one could intercalate between shows and think it's the same show... i mean, russians, radioactivity, world's end, you name it... :^) chernobyl was a bit sensationalist, edgy characters, the sound of cigarettes burning, 10 minutes dialogue making the viewer believe that there was no chance at all and that the world was fucked, UNLESS, insert simple solution here... and i honestly can't understand the choice of making it with english actors but whatever... anyway, soundtrack plus architectonics was pretty dope... worth of a music video...

btw some months ago i watched ricky gervais's after life and i felt like punching him in the face, it's one of those persons which i cannot see acting/writing drama, i dunno why, it feels really fake and it seems like he's after some kind of recognition which nobody will give to him... pretentious cunt...

on the other hand there's karl pilkington's sick of it which was quite ok, i did not love it but i remember some really funny moments... still, there's something that doesn't feel honest in seeing these guys writing drama, probably because they both share comedy backgrounds...

Edited by Tim_J

On 7/11/2019 at 6:50 PM, Tim_J said:

i watched ricky gervais's after life and i felt like punching him in the face

Oh my god yes. I just remembered I tried watching it because I saw it had high ratings and praise. It's so lame and cringy and unbelievable. He seems very misplaced and the humour is so forced.

season 3 was the best out of them all. imho. only say that because it went by super fast. so I must have liked it

Edited by marf

just finished s03 of stranger things and all i can't think of is why on earth would they choose to end it in such in a dramatic manner seeing that the entire season was fully packed with fun... i skimmed trough the last 20 minutes cause i wasn't really feeling Hopper's monologue and all that emo montage...

Spoiler

i can understand Billy's sacrifice but Hopper's felt really forced... also, the way it happened, it was one of those facepalm scenes where you wonder why the hell didn't he run back to where Joyce was... totally avoidable...

anyway i enjoyed it way more than the previous seasons, i mean, a lot more... in a way it was a good thing that they decided to pack all the drama in the last 20 minutes...

awesome cinematography, lush synth galore, russian schwarzenegger terminator, Robin/Steve/Dustin/Erica's arc, Hopper and Joyce dynamics, you name it... never thought i would be so pleased with this series...

i kept wondering what if they made a cut for younger audiences, cause there's so much graphic violence and blood, but i just checked it on imdb and it turns out it is TV-14... :blink:

Edited by Tim_J

14 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

just finished s03 of stranger things and all i can't think of is why on earth would they choose to end it in such in a dramatic manner seeing that the entire season was fully packed with fun... i skimmed trough the last 20 minutes cause i wasn't really feeling Hopper's monologue and all that emo montage... i can understand Billy's sacrifice but Hopper's felt really forced... also, the way it happened, it was one of those facepalm scenes where you wonder why the hell didn't he run back to where Joyce was... totally avoidable...

Well it's implied that he was

Spoiler

kidnapped, so they may have him running back to only be intercepted. Hopper monologue reminded me of Tony's. Even had a catch phrase, through I love you 3000 was a lot better given the finality of Endgame.

3 hours ago, Brisbot said:

Well it's implied that he was

Hide contents

kidnapped, so they may have him running back to only be intercepted. Hopper monologue reminded me of Tony's. Even had a catch phrase, through I love you 3000 was a lot better given the finality of Endgame.

it was? did i miss that from the monologue or what? what u on about with 3000 and endgame? is that from the avengers?

14 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

it was? did i miss that from the monologue or what? what u on about with 3000 and endgame? is that from the avengers?

oh yeah if you haven't seen endgame then ignore it. lol, it's at the end of the movie so it's spoilers. I keep assuming people have seen it. Hopper's and Tony's monologues are very similar.

Edited by Brisbot