IGNORED

What TV series are you watching at moment?

Npoess

On 6/24/2019 at 4:24 AM, lickneonlights said:

Since there's nothing interesting or fresh left to watch, started "Dark" season 2, it's like German "Stranger Things" with multiple timelines (for those who don't know). Good premise, but season 1 was a total snoozeville and slow burner with lots and lots of names and it was easy to get mixed up. I am expecting the same from season 2, but episode 1 was surprisingly good so far. We'll see.

Meanwhile, no one is trying to kill Adolf Hitler.

Dark's season 2 is pretty good so far. Watched the first three episodes today. Gotta admit though, it was a bit of a hassle trying to remember who is who, but it made sense after a while. I really like that it's filmed in German as well– that's my native language and the only time I see German dubs is with friends who don't understand English too well. Looking forward to Stranger Things next week as well ?

2 minutes ago, whosebrian said:

Meanwhile, no one is trying to kill Adolf Hitler.

It's explained in the show that you can't alter the past because time is linear sort of. So in other words you can't kill Hitler, because it has already happened the way it happened (he lived, started a war and stuff). If someone travelled back in time and killed Hitler, that would mean the present would be different already, and we would know that someone killed him. It's a difficult concept to wrap your head around, but I quite like it. It makes more sense scientifically than the idea that you can change the past however you like, and an alternate timeline will branch off and shit. 

3 minutes ago, Enthusiast said:

Neon Genesis Evangelion is on Netflix and I am watching that.

Didn't they edit the ending or something? Saw an article about it but couldn't get myself to read it 

47 minutes ago, lickneonlights said:

It's explained in the show that you can't alter the past because time is linear sort of. So in other words you can't kill Hitler, because it has already happened the way it happened (he lived, started a war and stuff). If someone travelled back in time and killed Hitler, that would mean the present would be different already, and we would know that someone killed him. It's a difficult concept to wrap your head around, but I quite like it. It makes more sense scientifically than the idea that you can change the past however you like, and an alternate timeline will branch off and shit. 

Of course, thanks.

Just remembered that Misfits had a good episode dedicated entirely to killing Hitler and the consequences. I loved that show. 

5 minutes ago, lickneonlights said:

Just remembered that Misfits had a good episode dedicated entirely to killing Hitler and the consequences. I loved that show. 

Yeah Misfits was great ? Until they replaced the entire cast that is.. Stopped watching there

31 minutes ago, chronical said:

Didn't they edit the ending or something? Saw an article about it but couldn't get myself to read it 

I have never seen it all so I don't think it matters. Anime fans are always having a collective meltdown over something or other.

13 minutes ago, chronical said:

Yeah Misfits was great ? Until they replaced the entire cast that is.. Stopped watching there

It was indeed weird to see the cast gradually replaced. Joe Gilgun was great though, and the only reason I stayed. Imo season 1 is where it's at. It was just perfect. A tad creepy, dealing with the unknown, the editing and cinematography were excellent too. When the rest of the world got to know about the powers it spiralled down quickly.

5 minutes ago, lickneonlights said:

It was indeed weird to see the cast gradually replaced. Joe Gilgun was great though, and the only reason I stayed. Imo season 1 is where it's at. It was just perfect. A tad creepy, dealing with the unknown, the editing and cinematography were excellent too. When the rest of the world got to know about the powers it spiralled down quickly.

Yeah especially when the dealer guy came around.. Ruined the importance of having your power and sticking with it. The rocket scientist thing was funny but so world breaking in a way

4 minutes ago, chronical said:

Yeah especially when the dealer guy came around.. Ruined the importance of having your power and sticking with it. The rocket scientist thing was funny but so world breaking in a way

Oh god the dealer guy... I forgot how many stupid storylines and twists were in this show. Also just remembered the zombies, jfc...

Spoiler

Curtis became the zombie because he got bitten and killed himself

i think nicolas winding refn hasn't done anything worthwhile after the pusher trilogy, yet somehow i really liked ep1 of his new series. he perfected this style, hollowed out pretty much everything human and distilled only mood, aesthetics, tension and characters that are extremely static but quite colorful.  every shot is just gorgeous and the super slow pace gives enough time to savor them. dunno where it'll go next but in ep1 it worked surprisingly well.

billy Baldwin was funny

I liked it as well, but then again I liked that Viking film of his, Drive, Citizen X and Neon Demon so I guess I must like his style. A bit too hollow this show maybe, I am not eager to watch another 12 hours of it even if I did enjoy zoning out to that first episode.

Edited by Gocab

The main thing with Nicolas Winding Refn is you must never expose yourself to his interviews. But I like his stuff for the most part. Pusher, Bronson, Valhalla Rising and Drive is all good shit. I have not watched the new thing yet, maybe tonight I'll check it out.

31 minutes ago, Brisbot said:

So does anyone like Preacher?

Watched a few episodes of the first season, couldn't get past the cringe. The "lore" and pretentiousness were just too unbearable

On 6/29/2019 at 9:44 PM, chronical said:

Dark's season 2 is pretty good so far. Watched the first three episodes today. Gotta admit though, it was a bit of a hassle trying to remember who is who, but it made sense after a while. I really like that it's filmed in German as well– that's my native language and the only time I see German dubs is with friends who don't understand English too well. Looking forward to Stranger Things next week as well ?

Yes, I slso appreciated watching something in my mother tongue. Most German series are shite. Another good one in German language is "der Pass"

6 hours ago, lickneonlights said:

Watched a few episodes of the first season, couldn't get past the cringe. The "lore" and pretentiousness were just too unbearable

I think Seth Rogen being the producer has a lot to do with its in your face / intentionally disturbing tone they seem to think sets them apart from other comic book IPs.  I called it quits after the episode w/ the Houston Snuff Film Festival.

6 hours ago, Brisbot said:

So does anyone like Preacher?

I wish they made this 20 years ago when I read the books. It's a very faithful adaptation, I just don't think the humor has aged all that well. It's watchable, bad accents aside.

• Like 1