IGNORED

New Release Speculation Based On Facts We Have

o00o

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i had a suprisingly decent bit of patter with him at the weekend, and he said he's busy working on new stuff, but taking his time to make sure that its actually unique and fucking mind blowing, instead of a talented reproduction of a style hes already mastered.

good music is good music, surely..? The longer he leaves it the more people will care about it being 'mind-blowing'. I'd be happy with more piano tracks. Anything. It doesn't matter. We're all going to die. Did you make sure to reaffirm this to him by grabbing him by his arms, shaking him rigorously and screaming in his face 'We're all going to die, it doesn't matter !'

i had a suprisingly decent bit of patter with him at the weekend, and he said he's busy working on new stuff, but taking his time to make sure that its actually unique and fucking mind blowing, instead of a talented reproduction of a style hes already mastered.

I'll drink to that

I'll drink to that

I'll drink to that asswell, go afx meng!

I WANT TO BELIEVE :rhubear1:

I'll drink to that

I'll drink to that asswell, go afx meng!

I WANT TO BELIEVE :rhubear1:

:braindance:

Cool. How did you end up chatting with him?

after my mate giving me the photo she took of me meeting him, i suspect it may have had something to do with the amount of drugs i was enjoying.

post-1307-0-81953100-1367361701_thumb.jpg

after my mate giving me the photo she took of me meeting him, i suspect it may have had something to do with the amount of drugs i was enjoying.

aphex 2.jpg

hahah, nice picture

though... the drugs bit doesn't support your little story

f*ck, does anything that comes out from richard's mouth can be trusted?

dunno man, i chatted to him for a few hours and its not like he was bullshitting anything, we just chatted about his opinions and attitudes to music, once i told him i dont actually like his music all that much, im into 4/4 groovelocked techno, and then everyone stopped giving a shit that he was who he was and just started with the usual rambling party chat and jokes, he ended up being a pretty funny, sound guy. i expected him to be the sort of guy who gets fed up of photos aswell but he was not bothered atall. he partied for the whole weekend aswell.

also, what on earth is unbelievable about him working on music that he wants to be mindblowing? its not even like thats information.

attachicon.gifaphex 2.jpg

fucking lol dude talk about drukqs that picture is one to hang on the wall

dunno man, i chatted to him for a few hours and its not like he was bullshitting anything, we just chatted about his opinions and attitudes to music, once i told him i dont actually like his music all that much, im into 4/4 groovelocked techno, and then everyone stopped giving a shit that he was who he was and just started with the usual rambling party chat and jokes, he ended up being a pretty funny, sound guy. i expected him to be the sort of guy who gets fed up of photos aswell but he was not bothered atall. he partied for the whole weekend aswell.

also, what on earth is unbelievable about him working on music that he wants to be mindblowing? its not even like thats information.

Sounds like you had a great time. I'm jealous really, I would settle for being able to see him live!

the highlight of the weekend for me was my friend sleeping so much on the first two nights that on the final night he got so drunk he hurled his tv out the caravan window.

That picture is the most intense expression of derped out rave-face I have seen in a hot minute.

Frame it

Like really fucking frame it.

Mahogany.

At the Pleasure Principle weekend? Well, cool to know he's still not given up on music. I read here on watmm someone talked to Grant saying he won't release anything anymore because 'he had done enough'.

No Steinvord confirmation though? :emotawesomepm9:

edit: this is actually the first solid post of this whole 22 pages long thread, nice job!

Guest Rulohead32

I accept to wait a bit more if he assures me he will do a new change in his music instead of going back to ambient, acid, analog or prepared piano.

Actually with every album he has innovated, why not now that more than half a decade has passed!

I think most of that tussticles one is actually Impakt here off watmm..

I donated some money for him to help save his cat a year or so ago and in exchange I got every song he's ever made and lots of those are in there. Including Acid Brother, Tuss Summer, etc.

oh. you don't want to share those, do you? i can't locate downloads of tusscore 20000, the acid dream, congo acid2, and tuss return bit. the one's i found are 96, 128, 192 kbps... do you have good quality ones? it's some great comedy, and solid tunes, too, which is a rare mix.

so cool, so what are his opinions and attitudes to music then? you remember much from the conversation. id understand if you didnt

I think most of that tussticles one is actually Impakt here off watmm..

I donated some money for him to help save his cat a year or so ago and in exchange I got every song he's ever made and lots of those are in there. Including Acid Brother, Tuss Summer, etc.

oh. you don't want to share those, do you? i can't locate downloads of tusscore 20000, the acid dream, congo acid2, and tuss return bit. the one's i found are 96, 128, 192 kbps... do you have good quality ones? it's some great comedy, and solid tunes, too, which is a rare mix.

I wouldn't mind but I think he sells his music, for money?... I don't want to offend him.. If he gives me the green light I can send em' to you.

I accept to wait a bit more if he assures me he will do a new change in his music instead of going back to ambient, acid, analog or prepared piano.

Actually with every album he has innovated, why not now that more than half a decade has passed!

He should look at it this way: in today's fucking garbage musical climate, it won't take that much to "innovate", so long as we have Justin Bieberfake's "20/13 experience" earning "Best n00b Music" on Pork Magazine Webzones. Fuck, we just want good music to combat this shit. Don't get me wrong: there has been plenty of good music coming out the past few years, but AFX should be on those front lines, fighting the good fight.

only if its mind blowing, sounds like a strange approach. but glad he's taking time, hopefully means he won't be looking at it to closely but stepping away to get a propa look at it.

Archived