IGNORED

Geogaddi is 10 (almost)

Guest sirch

Guest ruiagnelo

anyone willing to sell a cd version of it? possible buyer here

make me an offer

got it already for 3 pounds kinda

Edited by ruiagnelo

I was finally able to get my hands on a NM Geogaddi vinyl. Epic piece! Would love a big Geogaddi promo poster on my wall so if anyone is willing to sell, Im willing to buy. Btw here are some official TCH posters for sell..less than a pound each http://www.normanrec...r#axzz1nHtJmN1B . I've got one, and the quality is aight.

I bought one of these it came bundled with other promotional posters. Battles Dross Glop and Gonjasufi Muzzle

Guest blag

Geogaddi is such a work of GENIUS, so deep and mysterious and ... nostalgic. One of the greatest of all time (history will sit it alongside Loveless I bet).

I made a track that aimed to well, imitate the sound of this album; it is called The Only Way. I hope you like!

<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="http://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F21476670&show_artwork=true"></iframe>

Guest sirch

i like your tunes, blag. but i don't think they sound anything like BoC, to be fair. good stuff tho. :)

Heh I can clearly hear the sounds you're trying to imitate, but it's a whole different thing still! Not a bad thing, I like it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

So Geogdaddi turns 20 in about 6 months. I was thinking about this album alot this morning. 

What was everyone's experience first hearing it? I remember giving it a shot when it first came out. I was a pretty casual BoC fan at this point. Loved Roygbiv, was getting familiar with their other stuff, etc. but was not a full-fledged superfan like I soon became after my mind truly absorbed it all. I put it on late at night when I was doing some prep. for a college final but just couldn't focus enough to truly immerse myself in it. A couple weeks later I went on a road trip through Chippewa National Forest in Northern Minnesota and played the album straight through. Everything was perfect. The setting, the timing, my state of mind - it just aligned. I remember finally getting to "You Could Feel the Sky" and it just opened a new door in my mind. That was the precise moment where I turned into a BoC fanboy/superfan and I've never turned back. I remember being moved in a way that music had never moved me before, in the strangest most alien way possible. 

Roygbiv was my intro but not the gateway. Geogaddi, as dense and complex as it is, made me the fan I am today. What an amazing, weird, beautiful album. I've of course listened to it countless times since, each listen a totally new experience. I still don't know which BoC album is my favorite, I guess it really depends on the day. But Geogaddi in alot of ways is the most meaninful album, if that makes sense. 

Just reflecting, sorry for the livejournal cheesiness. 

• Like 7

Geogaddi will always be special to me, it was the first album I anticipated from BoC after discovering them. Incredibly dense and layered album. Still a monumental album. I might give it a spin later today.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Friendly Stranger said:

What was everyone's experience first hearing it?

bought the CD the day it came out. was living in non-hipster Oklahoma back then, so had to drive across town to a smaller indie type music shop that had probably ordered like a grand total of 2 copies of it. put it on in the car on the drive back home and was like wtf when I first heard the vocoded hymnal like voice on Music is Math. by the end of the track I remember thinking huh, this is a little darker than MHTRTC. by the time Gyroscope came on though I was like aw shit...this is f'n rad. can't remember exact emotions for the rest, but it did take a minute for the whole thing to click. Alpha & Omega was an instant favorite.

• Like 2

It's telling that conspiracies and layered analyses hang around (plague?) BOC. In reality, this is me forcing patterns on to data points that exist only in my head. Anyway, MHTRTC was '98 and everything was so dope about that year. Sophomore in college and holy shit, "wise fool" indeed. That album has a few foreboding elements but is by and large a hazy sunshine day. Geogaddi hit about midway through my final semester and man, did that enigmatic energy fit the bill. I had no idea wtf was gonna be next because the flubs were accumulating lol. I'll never be able to fully disentangle which way the influence went but I'm revisiting it right now and the spoopy enigma qualities are even deeper it seems.

2005 reflected a high point and Campfire Headphase was a saccharine return to 90s form. Things were really falling apart again by the time Tomorrow's Harvest hit and it portended the future all too well. Strangely, I hit Geogaddi and TH very hard. I almost never revisit MHTRTC, CH or the Twoism/Hi Scores era. It's like those 2 albums are musical number stations serving as warning signs that life is gonna take some chaotic turns. They say that we all have a negativity bias: the shite times in life stick out more profoundly in the mind than the good times.

TL;DR: aBOCalyptic BOC is best BOC 

Edited by xxx
  • Like 5

been listening to the same two boc playlists comprised of tchp/geogaddi/iabpoitc tracks and a few from mhtrtc for some years now to the point where any other way would sound a little off. Tomorrow's Harvest prefer on its own as an album. I never really get an apocalyptic vibe from any of it, TH though for me nails that wistful feeling you get when summer starts to turn autumny 

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

First Geogaddi experience?

I randomly downloaded '1969' on eMule at some point in '02/'03 and was intrigued. Bought all available CDs from local record shop in Victoria BC (Ditch Records) shortly thereafter. The shop even had the 2002 CD pressing of High Scores! TBH I've never really connected with Geogaddi like I have with the other LPs, but I have the utmost respect for their approach/mission statement with it.

• Like 1

I had loved mhtrtc so I bought Geogaddi the day it came out. The only track I liked was 'Music is Math' and only up to about 3:34, after that it descends into noise. I haven't listened to any of it since, not once.

Maybe I should give it another try lol

Ha, that “noise” is the best part. I was instantly hooked from that point on and have been a bochead ever since. Got the fuckin’ children’s book edition on a recommendation of the guy at my local record store (“music matters”), and that album was my soundtrack through 2002 through 2012.

still my favorite album.