IGNORED

Ceephax - Cro-Magnox

vertsk8er419

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Received my red vinyl edition yesterday already and still have no time to listen to it unfortunately. But what I hear from National Grid, it must be amazing.

Fuck guys.

I just checked in with Amoeba to see if they were getting any vinyl copies in stock.

The answer is yes.

They are charging $70 for it.

:cerious:

And I hate to be the bringer of bad news, but the red vinyl version sold out just now...

I got a copy of the red version on discogs yesterday

Been listening to this a lot, but I still feel it kinda dies out near the middle. Track 1-7 + track 14-16 is pretty much a flawless album for me. 10 incredibly strong tracks, 44 minutes.

/controversial opinion

Guest pixelives

God. The title track is fucking EPIC. Yammy CS vibes. He should do the soundtrack to whatever these rumors are of a Bladerunner pre/sequel.

Guest jasondonervan

This album is perfect in the morning

Damn right. Sun is shining here, got a cuppa going, listening to some insta-classic new 'phax... lovely.

#workingfromhomewave

It's really good, but I don't know about some of the comparisons being made (in both threads). OK it's kind of "deeper" sounding for a Ceephax release but it's still full of silliness like those typical lighthearted melodic flourishes of his.

Finally had a chance to have a good listening session on beautiful red vinyl this morning. A+++ album, got goosebumps on several tracks and I really, really dig about 80% of the album (the other 20% still being top notch), which is amazingly high compared to his other full-lengths (always a few fillers). The artwork, style, production and overall feel of the album really connect and make this his most consistent and best album as of yet.

I'm really positively suprised because I was really tired of Ceephax after United Acid Emirates and that last EP (the really crystal clear ear-tiring production being the biggest cause of that). Ceephax is back in the game.

I can say after about 20 listens that this is Andy's best album. It is consistent, it is well produced, it just feels alive. Every time I hear it a different track stands out as my favorite. I am so excited for what he will do next.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pigster introduced me to this album (and Ceephax in general) on the weekend. It's fucking amazing. Fits right in with my recent musical tastes. Might get close to knocking PVT's latest from album of the year status.

Guest bitroast

Pigster introduced me to this album (and Ceephax in general) on the weekend. It's fucking amazing. Fits right in with my recent musical tastes. Might get close to knocking PVT's latest from album of the year status.

the night was a success, then!!

i figured there was a fairly high chance you'd find the album fucking amazing!!

I want to be part of a night =(

Guest Gravity

You can be part of my night...

For some reason that immediately sounded really shady lol.

For some reason that immediately sounded really shady lol.

For me, you guys are a part of every night :wub:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Guest Roksen Creek

A bit late to the party, but this release is fantastic.

Has Ceephax done anything else on the more serious/sci-fi end like this?

Archived