IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Whoa...speaking of Fallout-style games, looks like Wasteland 2 was just released yesterday on Steam - the sequel to the granddaddy of post-apocalypse games from 1988. One of the reviews said something like "it's what Fallout 3 would've been like if it didn't take the first-person route."

But can my underpowered laptop run it? Damn, the more I see these cool new games, the more I regret selling my desktop PC last May.

Edit: It's Early Access tho, meaning it's technically still in development. Interesting trend some of these games developers are taking lately, at least the independent ones.

Update: Gave the 20th anniversary edition of Flashback demo a go, but somehow I just wasn't feelin' the vibe like I did the original. The grafix were all up-to-date n' shit, but I don't like the stupid character dialogue. I liked it better when they were silent. Plus my aged system has a much easier time running the original. That's why I got the demo instead of paying for it. Try b4 u buy innit

Still want new laptop tho. (santa pls)

Edited by ambermonk

yeah i am excite about wasteland 2 as well (HUGE NV and FO3 fanboy), but no way im fucking paying 60 bucks for any video game.

I unfortunately bought FO and FO2 from GOG.com a while back....Ive only gotten into Fallout thus far, and I like the gameplay for the most part, but it pisses me off that there isnt a better save system. Make absolutely sure that you save at every conceivable circumstance in one slot, and a second slot for when you know you are in a good situation.

Been slowly making my way through Borderlands 2 when I have time (holiday retails kept me busy as fuck)... Anyone who plays on a ps3 feel free to add me.

Just getting into GTA, the beauty of my first experience with the desert were ruined by Trevor being an unlikeable shitbag, I may be too much of a wimp for this game now.

Tried Samurai Gunn for a little bit - another recent indie title. Pretty fun so far.

It's a 2D platformer with "8-bit" grafix and arena-style combat, but less like Street Fighter and moar like Super Smash Bros. The gameplay is similar to that of Hotline Miami, in that it's all one-hit kills and you have to rely on your reflexes. It's one of those retro style games that looks old in the jaypegs but has up-to-date audio and plays smooth like butter.

First episode of new Walking Dead season is out. It's ok so far. Telltale should really get a mocap studio so they can improve their animation quality though...

First episode of new Walking Dead season is out. It's ok so far. Telltale should really get a mocap studio so they can improve their animation quality though...

This. Everything seems really disjointed animation-wise. But somehow they always manage to get their character to express tons of emotion through their facial animations.

Does Clementine still sound like a grown up trying to sound like a small girl?

haha, I have the same worry. She's the only voice actor that didn't work for me in the first installment, I found it really jarring. If I have to listen to that voice all through season two I don't know if I can cope.