IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Far Cry 3 was a really good game, but I found the story so cringe. The writer pretty much failed at making it a satire. If you have to do loads of interviews telling people how they just didn't "get it" then maybe you weren't doing such a great job of conveying your actual message. Weird how it was compared to Spec Ops: The Line, a game that did a FAR better job of delivering effectively the same message.

Far Cry 3 was a really good game, but I found the story so cringe. The writer pretty much failed at making it a satire. If you have to do loads of interviews telling people how they just didn't "get it" then maybe you weren't doing such a great job of conveying your actual message. Weird how it was compared to Spec Ops: The Line, a game that did a FAR better job of delivering effectively the same message.

Whatchu talkin 'bout? I didn't get the slightest hint of intentional satire from FarCry 3; I just thought it was just geniunely bad, as with most games.

On an unrelated note...

Been playing the hell out of Super Mario 3D World... yeah, the Joyrex household broke down and got a Wii U - I really like it as a console - in retrospect I wished I had waited on the PS4 until more games come out for it and gotten the Wii U sooner. The gamepad's battery life is horrible though (about 3 hours at a stretch) - will probably break down and get the higher capacity battery.

SM3DW is probably the best Mario game I have played since SMB 2 (US version) back in '88... such attention to detail, and so fun to play - Nintendo games in HD are amazing. Sad that the Wii U will probably end up like the GameCube did; great for Nintendo games but not much else.

Also playing Dyad on PS3 - has some excellent music, and is hard and challenging - best check out videos online to see what it's about, because it's really hard to describe.

Also played Ibb and Obb on PS3 - don't quite see what the hype around this game was; kinda simple and boring. Frustrating to control too.

Bioshock Infinate will be free on PSN soon, although I already played through that.

Bit it and downloaded Europa Universalis IV from the steam sale....Im really hoping my graphics card will support it....canyourunit.com tells me i failed the minimum testing, but I ran Crusader Kings II just fine, and as far as I can tell they use the same engine.

Man Im so pumped, the EU series is probably my favorite game series of all time.

Bioshock Infinate will be free on PSN soon, although I already played through that.

I've been holding out on getting this. Great news. Thank you based PS Plus.

I'm hooked to Mount & Blade: Warband + Floris mod again. The open world dynamics are so awesome. I'm finally getting pretty good at the combat, got some nice steady income and got married into a prominent family.

The entire Nintendo network for all their consoles has crashed indefinitely, fuckin hell don't they know kids get games for Xmas? Pathetic!

and on the day Pokemon Bank was to be released to boot. Iwata needs to go.

The entire Nintendo network for all their consoles has crashed indefinitely, fuckin hell don't they know kids get games for Xmas? Pathetic!

and on the day Pokemon Bank was to be released to boot. Iwata needs to go.

Yeah, I was quite surprised by this. PSN and XBONE Live were down as well too I heard, but I am sure they've gotten their shit together by now. Nintendo needs to step up their online game.

Pokemon Bank is a bag of fail - there's already reports of hacked Pokemon making it in there.

Just bought The Binding of Isaac because of the Steam holiday sale. What a weird game.

One of my favorites and a real gem. Enjoying it?

Just bought The Binding of Isaac because of the Steam holiday sale. What a weird game.

Just going to take this opportunity to post this here:

2XWbJPI.jpg

Yesssssss.

It's one of those games that rewards you the more you play it, unlocking new things with subsequent completions. Extremely satisfying to get good at and probably the most addicted I've been to a game since maybe Transport Tycoon. I did about 90 hours of that between Feb and April and the remaining (Wrath of the Lamb DLC) in Sept/Oct IIRC

GEEK CUNT

Yeah, I like it so far, but it's really frustrating that I can't save.

I just bought the xbox port of Comix Zone (originally for Sega Genesis) which now has a save option when it didn't have one originally.

Guest disparaissant

Just going to take this opportunity to post this here:

2XWbJPI.jpg

Yesssssss.

haha i'm at 118 hours.

except they never bothered to fix achievements on the mac version so i have no idea how many achievements i would have unlocked. probably quite a few, seeing as there's only one or two items i haven't seen and i've beaten the game with all the characters and done all the challenges...

Finished the main story of Far Cry 3. Why is it that video game developers always fail miserably at ending their stories? Pretty much all games these days end with some half-assed cutscene with zero closure or effort put into it. I know most 'gamers' are idiots, but when you spend this much time and money coming up with these games the least you can do is end them properly. Either that or just drop the stories entirely.

At least it's fun to play.

Yeah, and the crazy villain was awesome as shit! Vaas? Wasn't that his name? Anyway, yeah the story was worth shit after Vaas was killed, but it's one of those games that you should play to have fun and not much else.

Also, driving a car in that game is fucking hilarious and feels AWESOME!