IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

I realize if it's not a Dark Souls, Dishonored, or PS4 game, nobody gives a shit, but I'm posting anyway.

Just finished Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast last night and think I'll give Jedi Academy a go today. They're games from over a decade ago, and I don't even consider myself a Star Wars fan, but I'm playing them anyway out of "unfinished business".

This will keep me occupied whilst doing laundry and first-time salmon-smoking today.

Jedi Outcast was the shit back then. Still is, lightsaber wise.

Yeah LucasArts nailed the Lightsaber battle aspect, which continues to impress even to this day. And you're forced to go Lightsaber against Dark Jedi 'cos they'll just deflect any blaster shots or projectiles right back.

Finally went back in to finish Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I've been borrowing this game from a friend for like two years.

The boss fights are pathetically easy if you know the shortcut strategies. Another beef I had with DX:HR is when you use the CASIE aug and the results in conversation choices are inconsistent when verbally confronting certain NPCs. Otherwise it's a solid game overall, and contains homage to the original DX.

I realize if it's not a Dark Souls, Dishonored, or PS4 game, nobody gives a shit, but I'm posting anyway.

Just finished Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast last night and think I'll give Jedi Academy a go today. They're games from over a decade ago, and I don't even consider myself a Star Wars fan, but I'm playing them anyway out of "unfinished business".

This will keep me occupied whilst doing laundry and first-time salmon-smoking today.

which one is jedi knight?

theres some star wars games made by the team that did Mass Effect that are awesome. Old games but they were great. forget what they were called tho

Knights of the Old Republic.

yes!!! Thank you.

Awesome game

Why isn't that Dragon Quest PS4 blue? They missed a trick there.

Also I accidentally bid on a PS Vita Slim and might accidentally pay for it should I win. Don't you hate it when that happens?

Eh, I'd buy the first variant, better screen and all that jazz.

i honestly think i'd sacrifice the "better screen" for micro usb, smaller profile and better battery. i have the white one that came w/ass. creed: girl a few xmas ago. really love how good psplus has been for vita lately. lots of indies that should be cross buy for ps4 later too. mutant mudds and dragon crown keepin' me busy

Yeah, PS Plus has given me so many games I barely have any games left to get for it

I play a shit load of Dota 2. It's an amazing game that you can almost never master completely. I'm pretty skilled at it though. If anyone would like to ever play send me a message. I'm also down for attempting to boost MMR's if anyone is stuck in hell. I enjoy teaching people/coaching, and I also offer a lot of tips, tricks, and advice for newbies. I'm going to be starting to work on putting together helpful videos and things like that as well.

i would be interested in this, are you in europe? played a wee bit of it and it seemed great, the moment i tried to play a human i just got flattened.

my steam is nGpcock

If my graphic card hadn't died a few weeks ago I'd still be playing the Dark Souls series. These games really reward sticking with them plus the lore and atmosphere are just stunning. It's like medieval post-apocalyptic. Can't wait for that Bloodborne game from the same developers. PS4 exclusive sadly but I'll definitely squat some friend's couch to play it.

If my graphic card hadn't died a few weeks ago I'd still be playing the Dark Souls series. These games really reward sticking with them plus the lore and atmosphere are just stunning. It's like medieval post-apocalyptic. Can't wait for that Bloodborne game from the same developers. PS4 exclusive sadly but I'll definitely squat some friend's couch to play it.

Nothing much stays exclusive these days - I bet a PC version of Bloodborne will eventually see the light of day...

Guest jasondonervan

Bayonetta 2 hype approaching, she has some sweet fan service costumes, Loli Maid Peach, Samus Aran. The first game is included, supposedly with new content as well.

Yup, all over this. Huge fan of the original, I've got the 5-disc OST box (and have preordered the forthcoming one for the sequel!)

in950bZ1mi8aN.jpg

Do you guys have any recommendations for music/audio based puzzle games? I'm looking for puzzle games specifically.

Fez (ish). Not audio based per say, but the soundtrack's great and vital to your enjoyment imho tbh.

or limbo, don't really know what "audio based puzzle game" means.

Do you guys have any recommendations for music/audio based puzzle games? I'm looking for puzzle games specifically.

Fez (ish). Not audio based per say, but the soundtrack's great and vital to your enjoyment imho tbh.

anything Q Entertainnent did, try Lumines first.

anything Q Entertainnent did, try Lumines first.

Or The Swapper, great puzzler and a great soundtrack, just not audio based, I guess.

Frequency for the PS2, even features some MBM...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4RSp0dvOD8

I miss this game, I used to play the shit out of it..

I thought of Sound Shapes, but that's a platformer. :shrug:

I was just thinking about puzzle games and how none of them really have audio as a central component of the puzzle itself. It's usually an afterthought. I haven't played Lumines, but by briefly looking at it, it seems like you could take away the music and still play the game without affecting anything. Braid had puzzles based on the way you manipulate time. If it were audio instead of time, that would be an interesting concept.

Fract OSC is kind of in the direction of what I'm thinking, but just strictly puzzles.

I was just thinking about puzzle games and how none of them really have audio as a central component of the puzzle itself. It's usually an afterthought. I haven't played Lumines, but by briefly looking at it, it seems like you could take away the music and still play the game without affecting anything. Braid had puzzles based on the way you manipulate time. If it were audio instead of time, that would be an interesting concept.

Fract OSC is kind of in the direction of what I'm thinking, but just strictly puzzles.

Try The Swapper.

Lumines requires you play in-time to the beat, the terminator follows the bpm of the track, but there's no way you could keep an eye on that when shit gets crazy without using your ears to stay in sync.

Lumines requires you play in-time to the beat, the terminator follows the bpm of the track, but there's no way you could keep an eye on that when shit gets crazy without using your ears to stay in sync.

The puzzle itself is based on how you form blocks not something to figure out through audio cues. You just use the audio as a way to stay in sync. It could have been a timer or something.

But again, I haven't played the game, so I have an ignorant opinion of its mechanics.

Being a big Lumines fan/player myself, I rarely play by the beat, and more by watching the line terminator to clear out huge swaths of cubes by setting up combos.

They're re-releasing Frequency in HD for PS4 soon.

They're re-releasing Frequency in HD for PS4 soon.

Seriously?! Oh fuck yeah, I hope they update it with some newer songs as well!