IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Guest jasondonervan

Any of you tried Shovel Knight yet? I just downloaded it on Wii U and it's pretty fun so far. Very easy to pick up and play. It's very much a love letter to NES games and is very well done.

Yup, I didn't realise it wasn't out on Nintendo platforms in EU-land yet (localisation issues, I believe) so I got impatient and picked it up on my US 3DS. Glad I did, it's amazing. The NES style is so well captured, if this was out back when the original hardware was king, this would have been a system seller.

BrFG1lnIQAANPJi.jpg

BrFKn1BIUAECIms.jpg

BrFMDskIgAEuD3l.jpg

So my laptop can't run Skyrim on Ultra, should I still give those ENBs a try? Are they better optimized than the default graphical engine? Because Far Cry 3 looks infinitely better on my laptop (and way better framerate) than Skyrim despite being a newer game.

So... I imagine most posts to be pretty casual on WATMM. But often, my longer posts are actually-serious posts in a joke-post disguise. So then I read this line... And then I thought, "Fuck- what if this guy is serious? What if he's talkin' literal shit?!" Framerate of Far Cry 3 on the laptop is just "way better", but looks wise, "infinitely better" than Skyrim has been achieved!!!!! That is some hardcore shit, and I thought, maybe this needs more consideration. Because infinitely better looking than Skyrim, means infinitely better than anything ever possible. Some new high-level shit comes out? Nope- "infinitely better" beats it, cuz it's infinite. It seems, autopilot has come across some God-level setup, so I would not fuck with configs or anything like that.....

10 years from now, graphics for video games will be better than we can currently imagine possible. But when PS6 rolls around, all I will be able to think is: "Fuck- this is NOTHING. Autopilot on WATMM got infinitely better graphics on a laptop, 10 fucking years ago. This PS6 ain't shit."

Fucking my great grandchildren will be playing something that looks better than life itself, yet, autopilot's laptop from 2014 will still have output better looking graphics than any of my descendants will ever be able to experience. "Infinitely better" looking is...... I cannot even describe a proper reaction. All the nano-technology in the world- and even after The Singularity- this laptop circa 2014 will have produced images far beyond anything.....-- far beyond ANYTHING.

I'm not writing this to make fun of autopilot-- I'm writing this to say that infinitely better graphics blows my mind sooo haaaawd (that last bit, possibly intended to be read in a racist generic Oriental accent). To know that the multi-dimensional visions I've experienced when in the deepest depths of psychedelic consciousness paaaale in comparison to some Far Cry 3 rendition-- fuck, man.

All right fine- autopilot was prolly being casual with writing. BUT WHAT IF HE'S NOT!?!??!??!?!! Motherfucker, what if he's not.....

Not listening to homeless people who claim to be God is the reason why we can't have world peace.

I've read one-line posts that are infinitely funnier than this.

So my laptop can't run Skyrim on Ultra, should I still give those ENBs a try? Are they better optimized than the default graphical engine? Because Far Cry 3 looks infinitely better on my laptop (and way better framerate) than Skyrim despite being a newer game.

So... I imagine most posts to be pretty casual on WATMM. But often, my longer posts are actually-serious posts in a joke-post disguise. So then I read this line... And then I thought, "Fuck- what if this guy is serious? What if he's talkin' literal shit?!" Framerate of Far Cry 3 on the laptop is just "way better", but looks wise, "infinitely better" than Skyrim has been achieved!!!!! That is some hardcore shit, and I thought, maybe this needs more consideration. Because infinitely better looking than Skyrim, means infinitely better than anything ever possible. Some new high-level shit comes out? Nope- "infinitely better" beats it, cuz it's infinite. It seems, autopilot has come across some God-level setup, so I would not fuck with configs or anything like that.....

10 years from now, graphics for video games will be better than we can currently imagine possible. But when PS6 rolls around, all I will be able to think is: "Fuck- this is NOTHING. Autopilot on WATMM got infinitely better graphics on a laptop, 10 fucking years ago. This PS6 ain't shit."

Fucking my great grandchildren will be playing something that looks better than life itself, yet, autopilot's laptop from 2014 will still have output better looking graphics than any of my descendants will ever be able to experience. "Infinitely better" looking is...... I cannot even describe a proper reaction. All the nano-technology in the world- and even after The Singularity- this laptop circa 2014 will have produced images far beyond anything.....-- far beyond ANYTHING.

I'm not writing this to make fun of autopilot-- I'm writing this to say that infinitely better graphics blows my mind sooo haaaawd (that last bit, possibly intended to be read in a racist generic Oriental accent). To know that the multi-dimensional visions I've experienced when in the deepest depths of psychedelic consciousness paaaale in comparison to some Far Cry 3 rendition-- fuck, man.

All right fine- autopilot was prolly being casual with writing. BUT WHAT IF HE'S NOT!?!??!??!?!! Motherfucker, what if he's not.....

Not listening to homeless people who claim to be God is the reason why we can't have world peace.

I've read one-line posts that are infinitely funnier than this.

Considering infinite funny would result in infinite laughing, you'd be so unhealthy from constantly passing out from oxygen deprivation that you prolly wouldn't be using the internet. You would, however, have amazing abs. So good job.

Edited by peace 7

I finished my first playthrough of Transistor.

Probably my current GOTY nominee.

Immediatly started NG+.

Edited by acid1

You say that now but when you try and get the trinket at Veni Vidi Vici you'll curse the day you even heard about this game !

But I'm...sooo....clooossseeeee....

Any of you tried Shovel Knight yet? I just downloaded it on Wii U and it's pretty fun so far. Very easy to pick up and play. It's very much a love letter to NES games and is very well done.

How much is it?

How much is it?

$15. Worth every penny, in my opinion.

broforce

haven't had this much fun with a game in ages, bro'd its way right into my heart

Good to hear - it's coming to PS4/Vita/PS3 later this year I think

Going through Dishonored for the first time and it's very reminiscent of Deus Ex 1, Bioshock 1, and Half Life 2 while somehow being better than all 3 combined.

I think I got about halfway through Dishonored, but suddenly got bored and stopped playing. I'd honestly take any of those three over Dishonored.

It's like "kill everybody you become bad guy. tranquilize everybody you become good guy." After I realized that, it was pretty much an ending spoiler for me.

Edited by ambermonk

Going through Dishonored for the first time and it's very reminiscent of Deus Ex 1, Bioshock 1, and Half Life 2 while somehow being better than all 3 combined.

that's extremely high praise (and also impossible).

I need to go back and play through Nocturne. I have owned that game forever but haven't really done much with it. I told myself I'd revisit it once I finished SMTIV, but after I beat that game, I realized I was all SMT'ed out since I spent 160 hours on it.

project cars-finally got it playing nice and smooth on my pc,still at bit buggy but i think this is gonna be the car game to beat

watchdogs pc-looks great with the original graphics mod, enjoying this quite a bit-prefer this to assassins creed, proper stealth system

black mesa-half life remake mod,worth it for the intro alone!great ways of immersing you in its world,fantastic sound design,well worthy remake of the original

just played through Dishonored, great game..

I think I got about halfway through Dishonored, but suddenly got bored and stopped playing. I'd honestly take any of those three over Dishonored.

It's like "kill everybody you become bad guy. tranquilize everybody you become good guy." After I realized that, it was pretty much an ending spoiler for me.

yeah I really enjoyed playing, it's a good story, but I didn't feel I deserved the chaos ending.... basically I neutralized all targets without killing.. I only got in a bit of a kill frenzy on the waterway assassin level, too intense to be polite. really dig everything about it though, and will probably play through again.

also reminded me I have Shinobido way of the Ninja on the PS2 I should play through, much more difficult for me since I suck at using controllers. but no nice guy bs as far as I know.

Yea I got the bodies-turn-to-ash perk early on and have been murdering everyone I see, whilst the loading screens repeatedly remind me that "not killing will result in a less-dark outcome" so I'm fully prepared for bad ending. The game's stealth mechanics are so much fun that I won't mind a few repeat playthroughs of different styles to see how things play out.