IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Just started the Stick of Truth. I love how it feels like you're playing an episode of South Park. Not too difficult so far. I'm only a couple hours in, though.

So Staples in Canada is no longer selling console games and hardware. So they were selling off all of their stock for discounted clearance prices. I got Infamous: Second Son brand new for $29. Which is awesome cuz games in Canada went up in price and are usually $69 brand new. So I paid less than half of the price than the same game next door. It seems like a pretty cool game so far. The graphics are really quite nice.

Guest bitroast

Dr. Mario.

Still hasn't been topped.

Dr Mario multiplayer is one of the most bullshit games I have ever played.

Nothing is more frustrating than playing that game trying to work your way down the pills/set up combos, and hearing that annoying jingle and being showered with blocks fucking every thing up. And while you're trying to clean up that mess, hearing that jingle again and again and having more blocks shower down.

Nothing makes me swear and rage more than playing Dr Mario with somebody that knows how to play Dr Mario.

That game is certified bull shit.

Guest bitroast

big lol at the DDR version.

currently playing Wind Waker HD on Wii U.

I started playing the game again on gamecube (beat the first dungeon in first night of playing) before deciding to go back to the wii u game I had already in progress from good few months ago (which only got as far as beating the first dungeon).

I have a few issues with the wii u version. it's like a few steps forward, few steps back deal for me.

the higher resolution and added effects are nice, but it feels sort of confused. the original gamecube has the beautiful simplistic celshaded aesthetic where as this one has this weird 3D rendering going on for some strange reason? everything looks like simple 3D models as opposed to purposely simple cartoon style visuals. it trips me out.

the controls as well are a bit weird. i'm playing on the gamepad because it makes sense to have all the items at my disposal, but I also find it weird having the move my right thumb up from the buttons to control the camera when aiming a weapon. the gyroscope is good for little movements but big precise movements seem to rely on the joystick and I still cant get my head/hand around the position of the right joystick on the gamepad. it feels so unnatural and hard to manoeuvre on the fly.

haaaving said all this. i'm sticking with the wii u version over the gamecube version because of the faster boat sailing, faster item selection, and items like wind waker and boat crane being permanent quick buttons available on the d-pad.

conflicted! but i'll stick with it. :)

Guest bitroast

So close to beating world 4 in Spelunky...

OOOO man.

I beat world 4 on a couple occasions (and by a couple I'm pretty sure the exact number really is only 2...), but ... and this is a difficult one to discuss without going into spoiler territory (unless of course you've read up on the game) the game still has a lot to do aside beating world 4 !! it's such a demanding (addicting!) game.

Playing this new fangled game called Quake, seems pretty good. The monsters aren't very nice though

BrjyCRvIgAAU10y.png

I think I've heard of this. Isn't Trent Reznor in it?

Playing this new fangled game called Quake, seems pretty good. The monsters aren't very nice though

BrjyCRvIgAAU10y.png

He plays the Neckless Roid Daemon™ :emotawesomepm9:

BrjyCRvIgAAU10y.png

I have no idea what this game is and I have never played it ever in my life, but I think you're referring to the Shambler.

Guest bitroast

Long shot, but does anyone know the name of the lets play account where it's this weird dude playing super mario 64 and he keeps suggesting he knows a glitch or a trick which allows him to time travel and then the last episode never came out for over a year or so because of computer problems? (Trying to search for a specific super mario 64 LP is sort of impossible)

BrjyCRvIgAAU10y.png

I have no idea what this game is and I have never played it ever in my life, but I think you're referring to the Shambler.

The Quake Guy mugshot makes it look like he's always constipated. I'm inclined to cut 1996 a little slack tho.

the forest,this has recently had an update,and plays a lot better now,proper survival horror,genuinely creepy and surreal,longest i,ve survived is 8 days so far,gave veganmode a go (no hostiles) to explore and experiment,lasted 2 days,fell off a cliff! this is gonna be some game when its finished,genuine rival to dayz

Guest bitroast

So close to beating world 4 in Spelunky...

4-4 spoiler

(I know putting this in spoiler is pretty petty, but for me a big thrill of spelunky is learning how the game works and discovering the secrets for yourself, and I cant be bothered inadvertently spoiling that for anyone)

*n* had the book and skull cup and everything.

10362750_10152634811816719_3273605466021