IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

Guest jasondonervan

Lush! but what's with the uber widescreen?>

Just some grabs from the developer's site.

I've been playing with my new PS4 for most of the day, I need to know if I'm the only one who thinks the stickers on the dualshock feels absolutely terrible? Maybe it's just because I'm used to the 360 controller and I have to get used to a new one, but my thumbs really don't like this controller

And I was about to call AC: Black Flag average at best... but then I got boat.

Grand Theft Pirate Ship, pretty amazon actually.

The stickers - You mean the analogue sticks ? If so, yep going from Ps3 to XBox (or vice versa) defintely takes a little getting used to. I personally struggle with the XBox ones, though that's as I've had every dual shock pad since the DS1

Yeah, the analogue sticks of course (forgot what they were called).

It's also that the material feels kind rough and uncomfortable, compared to the 360 controller, and the sticks very easily slip off my fingers. But I've orders some "rubber thumb grips" for it, hopefully that will help.

And the button placement on the right side will probably be taking some time to get used to.

But on the positive side, the triggers are pretty damn great.

Edited by Ceerial

Good to hear you're having fun with AC4: Black Flag. I had a blast with it. Best pirate ship emulation on the market to date.

I never liked the AC multiplayer. I wish there were no multiplayer trophies required to get the platinum. I have to pop it in, go back, and grab a few more trophies from the campaign.

I haven't been trophy hunting in a long time now. I'm playing far too much WoW. Oh well, at least I'm having fun with it.

Finally finished the bloody main quest of this. Still ain't touched any of the DLC yet -

Bq7lRvuIgAAg8wc.png

Seem to have gained a ready brek glow for some reason

Aye it's Mjoll - she just never bloody shuts up! Always take funky routes down steep cliffs just so I can get several minutes peace as she struggles to find the way.

lol, the best is when you're in town tryna chat with somebody and she just babbles overtop of them.

you should just unrelenting force her off the bridge at the college of winterhold and have aela follow you instead...

Aye it's Mjoll - she just never bloody shuts up! Always take funky routes down steep cliffs just so I can get several minutes peace as she struggles to find the way.

I do this with my girlfriend.

Actually, I don't have a girlfriend. Not anymore...

Bah, you can stuff yer next gen - Just worked out how to use an ENB thingy on my 3 year old lappy:

nffrzt.jpg

Click for full (ish) size. Just look at the bloody lighting on that armour !

Guest jasondonervan

Bah, you can stuff yer next gen - Just worked out how to use an ENB thingy on my 3 year old lappy:

What kind of performance are you getting with it?

Occasionally there's some judder - my hd isn't quite quick enough to load in the 2k textures entirely smoothly (I have a hybrid drive and it recommends an SSD one), but it's perfectly playable. Bear in mind when I was younger I used to play Quake on my 486 and was quite content with barely reaching double figures !

lol you need this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=7492

haven't played in a while actually.. just finished Hotline Miami, cool game.

lol you need this: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=7492

Nice - think I'll do just that !

Got the "Heroes" expansion pack for Resogun on PS4 - the Survival mode is fucking addictive, and has a lot of great features. The ship editor is cool too - people have already built a TARDIS, Star Wars ships, mario, zelda, etc. as ships.

So my laptop can't run Skyrim on Ultra, should I still give those ENBs a try? Are they better optimized than the default graphical engine? Because Far Cry 3 looks infinitely better on my laptop (and way better framerate) than Skyrim despite being a newer game.

You can always take them back off again if needs be. This is the guide I used (and the ENB I used)-

It is quite a hit on performance though (My graphics card has real issues with depth of field and glare/light streaks even on relatively old games) - I had to whack the resolution down quite a few steps to get it to be playable. The renderer it uses ( http://enbdev.com/mod_tesskyrim_v0254.htm ) is definitely more optimised than the built in one though - before I installed the Project ENB mod and just had this d3d injector thingy I definitely noticed a jump in the frame rate

Any of you tried Shovel Knight yet? I just downloaded it on Wii U and it's pretty fun so far. Very easy to pick up and play. It's very much a love letter to NES games and is very well done.

Guest bitroast

Nope!! Despite backing Shovel Knight nice n early on aand receiving emails saying it's now ready to download!!!! and getting the humble bundle download code, was greeted with an error message. Turns out it's only available in NA. Was pretty annoyed at the lack of communication regarding any holdup and their twitter/website being nothing but "who else is playing the game right ??".

Still waiting for 1001 spikes in Australia.

Fuck this stupid system >:(

So my laptop can't run Skyrim on Ultra, should I still give those ENBs a try? Are they better optimized than the default graphical engine? Because Far Cry 3 looks infinitely better on my laptop (and way better framerate) than Skyrim despite being a newer game.

So... I imagine most posts to be pretty casual on WATMM. But often, my longer posts are actually-serious posts in a joke-post disguise. So then I read this line... And then I thought, "Fuck- what if this guy is serious? What if he's talkin' literal shit?!" Framerate of Far Cry 3 on the laptop is just "way better", but looks wise, "infinitely better" than Skyrim has been achieved!!!!! That is some hardcore shit, and I thought, maybe this needs more consideration. Because infinitely better looking than Skyrim, means infinitely better than anything ever possible. Some new high-level shit comes out? Nope- "infinitely better" beats it, cuz it's infinite. It seems, autopilot has come across some God-level setup, so I would not fuck with configs or anything like that.....

10 years from now, graphics for video games will be better than we can currently imagine possible. But when PS6 rolls around, all I will be able to think is: "Fuck- this is NOTHING. Autopilot on WATMM got infinitely better graphics on a laptop, 10 fucking years ago. This PS6 ain't shit."

Fucking my great grandchildren will be playing something that looks better than life itself, yet, autopilot's laptop from 2014 will still have output better looking graphics than any of my descendants will ever be able to experience. "Infinitely better" looking is...... I cannot even describe a proper reaction. All the nano-technology in the world- and even after The Singularity- this laptop circa 2014 will have produced images far beyond anything.....-- far beyond ANYTHING.

I'm not writing this to make fun of autopilot-- I'm writing this to say that infinitely better graphics blows my mind sooo haaaawd (that last bit, possibly intended to be read in a racist generic Oriental accent). To know that the multi-dimensional visions I've experienced when in the deepest depths of psychedelic consciousness paaaale in comparison to some Far Cry 3 rendition-- fuck, man.

All right fine- autopilot was prolly being casual with writing. BUT WHAT IF HE'S NOT!?!??!??!?!! Motherfucker, what if he's not.....

Not listening to homeless people who claim to be God is the reason why we can't have world peace.